As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

This [chat] a half hour in the making.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    you selfish british!

syb9r5.png

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    this is their revenge for the industrial revolution, skippy

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote:
    Saw Cap last night. It was good. Unfortunately we wound up in a screening with a bunch of fucking airforce recruits.

Let me say this in no uncertain terms: Recruits are fucking testosterone fueled dumbasses who have no idea when to shut their fucking mouth. I could go on a rant but I will summarize the entire watching experience to how they reacted to the ending of the movie.

GAAAAYY
    GAAAAAY

THAT WAS GAY
    The airforce is full of hardcore evangelical Christians.

So, I'm saying that they are probably intimately familiar with what is and isn't gay.

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    THIS CAT IS SO SOFT

SO WHINY

• tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    so the bigger question is, @Ludious, how gay was Captain America?

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Nearly everything they said had something to do with gay, or being gay, or gayness. Before the movie started it while waiting on their friends it was oh they're too busy making out blah blah blah.

Sure, we make cock jokes here but um, tone counts for a lot. My wife was miserable. She didn't even enjoy the movie it put her in such a foul mood.

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    japan wrote:
    Argh I was dismantling this brake lever to get access to the mounting bolt and it just did that thing where something went "ping" and a tiny part ricocheted off into the distance.

Looking at it now I have no idea what that part was.

you've cut the brakes!

WILDCARD

I found it! It is a little plastic collar that locates the little bar that serves as a lever travel stop.

so the bigger question is, @Ludious, how gay was Captain America?

he's as gay as apple pie and the brooklyn dodgers

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    The movie itself was awesome, but you know how it is having a bad audience, it just ruins it for you.

edited July 2011
    double post. sorry.

Ludious on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I really like the @ function.

TOO BAD NO ONE @s me. :(:( :bz

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    @Dread Pirate Arbuthnot Eat my butt, hooker.

edited July 2011
    @cass

8->

The brake lever bodies are mounted.

The next step is to grab hold of them and try as hard as possible to twist, budge, or otherwise make them move relative to one another or the handlebar.

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Usually I get all mopey about how I'm only "pretty good" at everything, but I stopped to think about it.

You know, I bet that if you took absolutely any person in the world they'd have something I could beat them at. Like I'm pretty positive I could take Einstein in a footrace. Likewise I could probably get a better GRE score than an Olympic runner (at least on a subject test in one of my areas of study). I can do science way better than a most of the greatest artists and I can draw a lot better than most of the greatest scientists.

The only dude I'm fucked against is da Vinci, but I could probably murder his ass in league of legends.

I am pretty sure this dinner is going to be a disaster

I am a p good cook

I have little to no experience baking

oh god

• No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    So Amy Winehouse is dead, now is anyone here even remotely surprised?

Top Story: Some people are good at things and not at other things.

Also tonight: Sky is blue, Republicans are retards.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    So yeah Amy Winehouse is dead, drugs'll do that to you

No-Quarter wrote:

I said no no nooooo

Ludious wrote:
    Top Story: Some people are good at things and not at other things.

Also tonight: Sky is blue, Republicans are retards.

See but I'm ahead of the curve by being mediocre at everything.

I am pretty sure this dinner is going to be a disaster

I am a p good cook

I have little to no experience baking

oh god

The difficult thing with making any kind of pasty is keeping the mixture that you're trying to seal in the pastry dry enough that it doesn't make the pastry fall apart before the outside can cook.

Having the oven really hot helps, since the filling is cooked already, and you're just trying to get the pastry to cook.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Amy Winehouse is dead at 27.
    Kurt Cobain died at 27.
    Jimmy Hendrix died at 27.
    Janis Joplin died at 27.

emnmnme wrote:
    Kurt Cobain died at 27.
    Janis Joplin died at 27.

Oh fuck, who do we know who's 27?

We have to warn them!

To be fair, Kurt Cobain was murdered

Winky wrote:
    Usually I get all mopey about how I'm only "pretty good" at everything, but I stopped to think about it.

You know, I bet that if you took absolutely any person in the world they'd have something I could beat them at. Like I'm pretty positive I could take Einstein in a footrace. Likewise I could probably get a better GRE score than an Olympic runner (at least on a subject test in one of my areas of study). I can do science way better than a most of the greatest artists and I can draw a lot better than most of the greatest scientists.

The only dude I'm fucked against is da Vinci, but I could probably murder his ass in league of legends.

no way, have you seen Da Vinci's rammus? it's incredible

• tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    @No-Quarter considering I thought she died like 6 months ago, I was moderately unsurprised by the news, but was surprised to discover it was more recent than that.

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote:

Yes, by Courtney Love and Dave Grohl.

They probably knew too much about how they faked the moon landing.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Tycho posted this on his twitter....*shudder*
    52n91y.jpg

Ludious wrote:

n-no!!

• No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    @No-Quarter considering I thought she died like 6 months ago, I was moderately unsurprised by the news, but was surprised to discover it was more recent than that.

You could very probably make the argument that she died years ago at the start of her downward spiral, and that this was simply rock bottom.

JebusUD wrote:
    Ludious wrote:

Grohl wasn't involved. Don't be silly. Love acted alone.

• Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    oh skip. I forgot to mention that I make and sell the tastiest salsa this side of whichever side of the Mississippi you are on. I give it away all the time cuz the conversion rate is very high.

• WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Man, I sat beside some pretty awful people at my Cap showing but it didn't really detract from the experience much. Dude with bad sinus congestion who had to snort often to breathe on the right of the bro I brought, extremely obese woman to my immediate left who, after one of the hottest days on record in Canada, didn't smell too good and bitched at the end of the film.

But the movie was just so good that that's just like whatever man.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    Fox News naturally pretended it was Islamic extremists responsible for Oslo.

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    No-Quarter wrote:
    Her death didn't have anything to do with drugs, did it?

I would be shocked.

• RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Thanatos wrote:
    Ludious wrote:
    Saw Cap last night. It was good. Unfortunately we wound up in a screening with a bunch of fucking airforce recruits.

Let me say this in no uncertain terms: Recruits are fucking testosterone fueled dumbasses who have no idea when to shut their fucking mouth. I could go on a rant but I will summarize the entire watching experience to how they reacted to the ending of the movie.

GAAAAYY
    GAAAAAY

THAT WAS GAY
    The airforce is full of hardcore evangelical Christians.

So, I'm saying that they are probably intimately familiar with what is and isn't gay.

airforce being dumbshits? what a surprise

<- smugfacin' so hard right now

Rent on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Winky wrote:
    emnmnme wrote:
    Kurt Cobain died at 27.
    Janis Joplin died at 27.

Oh fuck, who do we know who's 27?

We have to warn them!

How old is Lindsay Lohan?

• WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote:
    JebusUD wrote:
    Ludious wrote:

Grohl wasn't involved. Don't be silly. Love acted alone.

What's Love got to do, got to do with it?

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.