As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This [chat] a half hour in the making.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Why would you make something up about Carrot like that, that could so easily be turned and refined into forum rumor bullshit? I mean I'm all for a good laugh at each other's expense, but saddling someone with a rumor that they're in a nasty codependent relationship is just believable enough to be pervasive.

I don't know. Sorry if I'm all serious face today.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Nothing quite like getting muzzle swept 3 times at the range. Fucking airsofters.

Yikes.

Do such people not get thrown out and barred?

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Nothing quite like getting muzzle swept 3 times at the range. Fucking airsofters.

D:

• Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote:
    Ludious wrote:
    I've never seen Carrot post any of this.

Yeah, exactly.

for reference I once quoted the song "Dirty Diana" in a completely different context that had nothing to do with him at all and he accused me of making fun of his relationship with Diana/ thought i was accusing her of being a whore or something?

also the whole fluffy debacle which is still p amusing to this day

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote:
    :bz

8->

:bz

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Lawndart wrote:
    Tav wrote:
    All the sXe kids I know are posting "#justanotherdeadjunkie"

I fucking hate sXe kids with a passion

Bet them they'll get high or drunk off their asses at least once before turning 30.

There are government bonds that don't guarantee as safe of a return.

I was "straightedge" in high school. I firmly believed that sex before marriage was wrong, that drugs were for losers, and that alcohol was for dum-dums. Yes, I even used the word dum-dum back then.

I still think sex before marriage is wrong, that drugs are for losers, and that alcohol is for dum-dums. But I only think that while I'm drinking alone in my hemp mattress.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    What is muzzle swept?

• Options
    Cass you are a cruel temptress.

• Options
    Ludious wrote:
    Why would you make something up about Carrot like that, that could so easily be turned and refined into forum rumor bullshit? I mean I'm all for a good laugh at each other's expense, but saddling someone with a rumor that they're in a nasty codependent relationship is just believable enough to be pervasive.

I don't know. Sorry if I'm all serious face today.

it isn't...a...rumor???

i'm not lying here

these are things that have happened in chat

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote:
    Because I like em

<3

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    OK. So it may be true then. So you're bringing something up that clearly bothered someone enough that there was static about it, completely unprovoked, for lulz. When they're not even around.

Sorry. Either way. Poor form.

Ludious on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Also, when I say sXe kid, I mean these dudes are like 24. They just live in their own little "don't need to work for the man, don't need no crutches HARDCORE FOR LIFE" bullshit bubble

• Options
    What is muzzle swept?

It's when you essentially turn with a gun still pointed horizontally and the barrel gets pointed at people. Basically accidentally pointing a gun at people through carelessness.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    What is muzzle swept?

I don't know the context of how it was used, but in the firearms sense it means to have the path of a firearm's barrel traverse you. So if in the course of bringing my weapon to bear (or holstering it or doing anything with it) the barrel is pointed at you, I've 'swept' you with the muzzle.

• Options
    Remind me to randomly play on your insecurities the next time it's topical, Rent.

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Tav wrote:
    Also, when I say sXe kid, I mean these dudes are like 24. They just live in their own little "don't need to work for the man, don't need no crutches HARDCORE FOR LIFE" bullshit bubble

Nothing makes you hate stereotypical sXe kids like being in the hardcore scene.

Nothing makes you want to punch drunk people in the face like being in the punk scene.

Oh, the conundrum.

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    my arms hurt from the swimming and the punching :[

Manatee try to steal your swim cap?

• Options
    What is muzzle swept?

Imagine a line extending from the barrel of a gun, so that when someone handles said weapon, it "sweeps" across a line representing the points that would be hit were it to be fired at any point along it.

Getting muzzle swept is when someone doesn't watch where the hell they're pointing their weapon, and that line sweeps across you.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    japan wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:

Yikes.

Do such people not get thrown out and barred?

Yes, I'm pissed it took the RO that long however. I get that they were airsoft pistols but it's a bad fucking habit to allow anyone to get into.

Cass, a muzzle sweep is when someone moves a firearm in such a way that it points at someone along it's path. At a firing range it's a huge no-no because it violates Rule 1 (Thou shall not point a firearm at things you don't want holes in).

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Basically, he'll randomly mention Diana. He hasn't done it in a while, but whenever he has it's been completely out of nowhere. No context, no explanation as to who this person is, he'll just post something regarding her as if everyone knows who she is. I noticed him doing this with some consistency so one day I started posting about Diana, and then I convinced him she was my cousin and gave up the ruse when I realized I had him hook, line, and sinker.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Not to be an annoyance, but am I the only one repulsed by the last 2 pages of [chat]? I mean, normally y'all are cool, but there's a few posts with only smilies in em and a gossipy quote tree about another forumer and that shit just isn't cool

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote:
    OK. So it may be true then. So you're bringing something up that clearly bothered someone enough that there was static about it, completely unprovoked, for lulz. When they're not even around.

Seriously. It's just mean. Joke about it, sure, but then when people ask about something that's funny because you're laughing at someone for shit the askers don't know about, say "inside joke" instead of airing the dirty laundry.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Lawndart wrote:
    Tav wrote:

Nothing makes you want to punch drunk people in the face like being in the punk scene.

Oh, the conundrum.

Dude it is a mosh pit you're supposed to punch people.

• Options
    Ludious wrote:

I kind of agree.

On the other hand, CC brings it up himself completely unprovoked. Like when I was talking about something and he accused me of making fun of him about Diana or whatever. Which...isn't a normal thing to do.

It's like if you guys were talking about Pokemon and I busted into [chat] and said "fuck you guys, stop making fun of me because nexuscrawler's body hair gives me a 13 inch erection."

Because, really, you shouldn't be making fun of someone with a 13 inch erection.

Wait...I think I got lost in my analogy there...

• Options
    i remember i muzzle swept one of my drill sergeants in basic at the firing range

but in my defense I was exhausted and in the unsupported prone position in FBR and basically my exhaustion caused one of my arms to give out causing me to lose balance and basically point my rifle straight up at an angle which a drill sergeant just happened to be walking by at the time

still though

oops

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote:
    Not to be an annoyance, but am I the only one repulsed by the last 2 pages of [chat]? I mean, normally y'all are cool, but there's a few posts with only smilies in em and a gossipy quote tree about another forumer and that shit just isn't cool

Those treehouses don't build themselves, especially if you don't chop something down beforehand.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Aldo wrote:

the smilies thing will fade as we get used to the new forums. Some of them are just strange and people find that funny. Is good clean fun.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Here here Aldo. It's shitty as fuck and is bothering me immensley. Totally uncalled for and out of character

• Options
    Aldo wrote:

I'm repulsed by all of [chat]. It's the only reason I post here anymore.

• Options
    Aldo wrote:
    I was going to write a post about the gossipy quote tree

and decided that was a bad idea

so i posted a bee instead

i stand by that decision

• Options
    Ludious wrote:
    Remind me to randomly play on your insecurities the next time it's topical, Rent.

uh this already happens for one, and I don't care and am able to laugh at myself for two :?????

either way i apologize, i didn't mean to be insulting

• Options
    Lawndart wrote:
    Tav wrote:

Oh, the conundrum.

Man, I fucking hate the hardcore scene here. So much circle-jerk bullshit. If it wasn't for the fact that good bands occasionally come over (The local promoter has put on 8 shows in the last week, all of them were shit bands) I'd have absolutely no association with these idiots.

The metal scene here has it's share of elitism, but it's pretty welcoming once you're not a total retard.

• Options
    Sorry but I think @Captain Carrot deserves to know that people are randomly talking shit about him totally unprovoked.

• Options
    edited July 2011
    I wish we had an "Aggressive" smiley.

So I could post something like

:bz :ar!
    :bz :bz :ar!

And we could all cheer. Like cheerleaders.

Drez on
  • Options
    Quid wrote:
    Lawndart wrote:
    Tav wrote:

Oh, the conundrum.

Dude it is a mosh pit you're supposed to punch people.

No.

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    I'd feel worse about this if CC's reactions didn't seem so bizarre. Like how instead of taking the ghost fucker thing in stride he started randomly making ghost fucker jokes in this hostile "yeah now I'm going to kill this joke so you fuckers will stop" way.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Drez wrote:
    Aldo wrote:

I'm repulsed by all of [chat]. It's the only reason I post here anymore.

It's time to make another Civility Thread, DREZ!!!

• Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    Come in to work today to find my new office full of building materials, along with all my PC equipment. Apparently the moving company thinks my office is storage because the dumbass I work with who helped coordinate the move labeled it as "Storage 03" Wonderful!

Then, I try to shut the door to said office and the door slams into the hanging lighting. My office is the only one of the new offices to have hanging lighting because the construction guys were too fucking lazy to change it to the recessed lighthing, since it was pre-existing. Fantastic!

Fucking blue collar fucking slobs. Burn them all I will.

• Options
    Aldo wrote:
    I was going to write a post about the gossipy quote tree

and decided that was a bad idea

so i posted a bee instead

i stand by that decision

I predict big things in that bee's future.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Tav wrote:
    Nirvana are the only grunge act worth listening to

what an awful genre

',:-|

That's a bad Tav!

Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots and Pearl Jam beg to differ, sir

This discussion has been closed.