As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

War [Hesher] Battle Master

• MorgensternMorgenstern ICH BIN DER PESTVOGEL DU KAMPFAFFE!Registered User regular
    hanskey wrote:
    The face behind her head is the best.

I was just thinking the same ... :-D

Edit: Is that your GF? -> If so, then you are a lucky man!!

Ha. No. My gf is a dreadlocked hippie.

“Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war.” - Loren Eiseley
  • hanskeyhanskey Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Cool. I wasn't under the impression your GF was really into Darkthrone...

Edit: Liking the return of the blue background. Makes everything look better somehow.

hanskey on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Bolthorn wrote:
    Is the rest of the My Dying Bride Evinta collection as boring as the first two songs? Wondering if I should really commit to this 2 hour run time. I'm a big fan of the band usually, but this isn't doing a damn thing for me at all.

That came out? I'd completely forgotten. I'll give it a listen eventually...

edited July 2011
    OK, blue background only on my Droid phone? ...

Edit: Whatever, Esoptron is really great! Thanks again for the great theme autothrall ... \m/

hanskey on
  • MorgensternMorgenstern ICH BIN DER PESTVOGEL DU KAMPFAFFE!Registered User regular
    “Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war.” - Loren Eiseley
  • LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    Alright, Coroner is pretty damn cool. I will give Artillery a spin one of these days once I've fully absorbed this Coroner record. Otherwise, I believe I will overload on thrash and go in to an 80's time warp. (That is how time travel works, right?)

steam_sig.png
    edited July 2011
    Also, a TARDIS would do the trick ...

Yeah, it's really easy to get sucked into Thrash when you find an album that speaks to you, because after living with it for a short while, all Thrash sounds better and better!! I applaud you for taking it slow, because, like me, eventually you'll be begging for more whether you want to be or not. ;-)

Also - Coroner - so fucking good!!! \m/ :twisted: \m/

hanskey on

Fucking beautiful!

Is this from the future release coming out this year?

It's already out. Four song album from Sweden.

Auto, that Obsequiae album is mesmerizing.

I really have to agree with you Morgenstern, and I'm going to listen to it again right now!

• autothrallautothrall Registered User regular
    It's already out. Four song album from Sweden.

Auto, that Obsequiae album is mesmerizing.

Melody after melody, makes me feel like I'm in the 13th-14th century...only in Minnesota...where there are no people yet. Well, there are people. With hatchets.

edited July 2011
    ... and I'm dumb, but I still can't delete this idiotic post!

Edit: Fine, I'll make up for dumb with awesome ...

Edit x 2:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHsRDebrw3c

hanskey on
    edited July 2011
    At least the Black Oath guys give more interesting interviews than Liturgy! ;-)
    …666 WAS CROWLEY’S “NAME” AND HE USED TO SIGN ALL HIS LETTERS WITH THIS NUMBER... THE BEAST YOU MENTIONED IS JUST THE THE DEVIL FROM THE BIBLE... WE ARE HERE TO EXALT THE AGE OF HORUS AND “THE BEAST” WE TALK ABOUT WAS HIS MAJOR EXPONENT... THE PROPHET OF THELEMA...

Check out the complete interview:
    http://www.doommantia.com/2011/06/soundtrack-to-your-funeral-interview.html

hanskey on
  • LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    I picked up my Neurosis ticket this afternoon. I am beyond excited.

• GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/mastodon-cut-loose-on-new-disc-20110721
    Then there's "Stargasm," which lays galloping riffs over stadium-size drums. "It's about fucking in space," says Dailor, who devised a sci-fi story line for The Hunter — but the concept was ultimately scrapped.

Adds Dailor, "Brent was like, 'Fuck all that! Let's just have fun."

Exciitteeeeeeed

I've been listening to Sepultura's Schizophrenia the last few days after my friend lent me it. Also have two Soulfly discs to endulge in too, but I haven't gotten there yet. It's fucking rad. Add Soundgarden and Slayer shows next week, I'm probably going to go deaf by the end of the month. Oh well.

• Onslaught_FeiOnslaught_Fei Registered User regular
    Goddamn, missed all the Coroner talk. All time favorite band (next to Rainbow and Blue Oyster Cult.)

XBL: Onslaught Fei
    So addictively amazing!

What do you think of Stoner Witch, and Thorr-Axe, if you've heard them? I've read comparisons between Doomsword and Thorr-Axe, but I'm wondering if that's just hype, cause Doomsword fucking owns! \m/

• Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    So... Today I'm going to see Arch Enemy, Electric Wizard, At The Gates, Oranssi Pazuzu, and Killing Joke(maybe).
    Tomorrow: Moonsorrow, Katatonia, Wintersun, Blind Guardian(FUCK YES), and Enslaved.
    Sunday: Impaled Nazarene(If I can get there in time), Meshuggah, Amorphis, Turisas, and Amon Amarth.

It's shaping up to be a good weekend.

• L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    Well I'm going to study Lagrangian mechanics. Jealous much?

• FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    I've been slacking for years, but I'm on a metal rampage now and slurping up all the best shit from 2010. Awe yeeee

xcomsig.png
    edited July 2011
    hanskey wrote:
    So addictively amazing!

What do you think of Stoner Witch, and Thorr-Axe, if you've heard them? I've read comparisons between Doomsword and Thorr-Axe, but I'm wondering if that's just hype, cause Doomsword fucking owns! \m/

Both seemed pretty bland to me. Thorr-Axe gets a nice wall of volume going, but I hear no riffs I want to elope with.
    L|ama wrote:

Well...I am, if that's any consolation.

autothrall on
    Rhan9 wrote:
    So... Today I'm going to see Arch Enemy, Electric Wizard, At The Gates, Oranssi Pazuzu, and Killing Joke(maybe).
    Tomorrow: Moonsorrow, Katatonia, Wintersun, Blind Guardian(FUCK YES), and Enslaved.
    Sunday: Impaled Nazarene(If I can get there in time), Meshuggah, Amorphis, Turisas, and Amon Amarth.

It's shaping up to be a good weekend.

I'm jealous you're going to Tuska. I'm heading to the Sunday of Bloodstock.

1349, Hell, Primordial, Napalm Death, Hammerfall, Exodus, At The Gates, Morbid Angel and Motorhead.

We're going entirely to see ATG. I'm going to be so fanboy-ish. I'm avoiding the setlist like the plague and everything. It's going to be amazing.

edited July 2011
    Fallout wrote:
    I've been slacking for years, but I'm on a metal rampage now and slurping up all the best shit from 2010. Awe yeeee

*welcome back*

What releases are you enjoying the most from 2010, Fallout?

I'm quite partial to:
    Sadist - Season in Silence
    Tsorer - Return to Sodom
    Fear Factory - Mechanize
    Hooded Menace - Never Cross the Dead
    Forbidden - Omega Wave
    Hail of Bullets - On Divine Winds
    Severe Torture - Slaughtered

autothrall wrote:
    hanskey wrote:

Both seemed pretty bland to me. Thorr-Axe gets a nice wall of volume going, but I hear no riffs I want to elope with.

Yeah, I checked them both out after I posted that, and the doomsters are vastly overrating Thorr-Axe, when they say Thorr-Axe is better than Doomsword - it's not even close. Stoner Witch is less interesting music, but a more interesting band, either way it's a pair of *meh* at this point for me.
    autothrall wrote:
    L|ama wrote:

Well...I am, if that's any consolation.

Sorry to increase the dork quotient of the thread, but I'm with auto, L|ama ... but then, I like physics :oops:

hanskey on
    Bunch of new stuff: new Toxic Holocaust and Axegressor.

New Aeon of Horus EP (try it, hanskey, you might also like their previous full-length).

New Accu§er too, though as usual they come up kinda short (but not as short as usual).

THE BLACK METALOCAUST HAS BEGUN IN OSLO.

edited July 2011
    autothrall wrote:
    Bunch of new stuff: new Toxic Holocaust and Axegressor.

New Aeon of Horus EP (try it, hanskey, you might also like their previous full-length).

New Accu§er too, though as usual they come up kinda short (but not as short as usual).
    I really liked Aeon of Horus's previous album, though not as much initially as I enjoy it now, - pretty good neoclassical/progressive/TDM - so I'll definitely be checking into that! Thanks for the heads up auto! :^:

hanskey on
  • MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    Horna, Sargeist and Godflesh lined up for next year's MDF...

And Disma.

Still pales in comparison to Rites of Darkness in Tejas though. They've brought in Pagan Altar FFS.

• MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    Oh definitely, Rites is fucking crazy but there's no chance I'm making it to that. I'd kill more than a few babies to see Root alone.

edited July 2011
    Fucking piece of shit sun. This is Finland, it should be all grimdark and cold and shit even during the summer, but it was probably 30 C in the shade and not a single cloud in the sky. The security guys were hosing people from the front though, so that helped cool them down a bit.

Not like this hindered the moshpit when At The Gates was playing though :P

Otherwise a good start.

Rhan9 on
    Mgcw wrote:
    Oh definitely, Rites is fucking crazy but there's no chance I'm making it to that. I'd kill more than a few babies to see Root alone.

Yea. I had to make a choice between Rites or going to Baltimore next May. I chose Rites of Darkness to try something new. Going to be a wicked trip.

edited July 2011
    How much are tickets for Rites of Darkness and where do you get them?

I glanced at the bill and I realize I must now find a way to be there!!
    Rhan9 wrote:
    Fucking piece of shit sun. This is Finland, it should be all grimdark and cold and shit even during the summer, but it was probably 30 C in the shade and not a single cloud in the sky. The security guys were hosing people from the front though, so that helped cool them down a bit.

Not like this hindered the moshpit when At The Gates was playing though :P

Otherwise a good start.
    I'd like to go anywhere grimdark right now!! The sun is exhausting.

hanskey on
    Really? I can't find a site to give me a ticket price. Can you post a link?

Well... Holy Shit. Blind Guardian had only an hour for their set, but managed to cram in at least the following(from what I can remember):

Sacred
    Tanelorn
    Wheel of Time
    Nightfall
    Time Stands Still(At The Iron Hill)
    Valhalla
    Turn The Page
    Mirror Mirror
    Welcome to Dying
    Bard's Song

And the crowd kept the chorus going in Valhalla for quite a while(like in that youtube vid). I managed to get to the front row as well, so it was all around great. Hansi also seems like a really cool dude from what little I managed to talk to him before the show.

In other news Wintersun got off their asses and did something for once. 'Twas a good show too. Went there from Katatonia. Moonsorrow was cool too.

Did Katatonia play anything off BMD?

Rhan9 wrote:
    Well... Holy Shit. Blind Guardian had only an hour for their set, but managed to cram in at least the following(from what I can remember):

Sacred
    Tanelorn
    Wheel of Time
    Nightfall
    Time Stands Still(At The Iron Hill)
    Valhalla
    Turn The Page
    Mirror Mirror
    Welcome to Dying
    Bard's Song

And the crowd kept the chorus going in Valhalla for quite a while(like in that youtube vid). I managed to get to the front row as well, so it was all around great. Hansi also seems like a really cool dude from what little I managed to talk to him before the show.

In other news Wintersun got off their asses and did something for once. 'Twas a good show too. Went there from Katatonia. Moonsorrow was cool too.

SO. JEALOUS.

Tav wrote:

I don't think so. I didn't notice at least. They did stuff from The Great Cold Distance and Night Is the New Day, mostly. Some from Viva Emptiness as well, but there was a heavy emphasis on their newer albums.

Rhan9 wrote:
    Tav wrote:

I don't think so. I didn't notice at least. They did stuff from The Great Cold Distance and Night Is the New Day, mostly. Some from Viva Emptiness as well, but there was a heavy emphasis on their newer albums.
    Ah, figured as much. Was the same when I saw them last year. They played some BMD for their 20th anniversary tour, but I think that might have been a once off.