As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Airbender] The legend of Korra: I am the solution.

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Daxon wrote:
    Her skill was a result of her strict emotional control and her control of everything in her environment. Those stresses eventually caused her to crack and fail.

I'd call her a less good bender because it wasn't sustainable in the long-term.

Her skill was still higher than his. As was Iroh's, Ozai's, and Jeong Jeong's. That she had a mental breakdown after being betrayed by her two best friends doesn't change that.

• DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLDmI3ieauo

Not amazing quality but pretty good.

Posted in the SE++ thread.

edit: it's a trailer for legend of korra.

Daxon on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I am digging the city dweller's costumes.

Quid on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    if you go to the official facebook page for Legend of Korra you can watch the trailer proper like without being a handcam

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    here is the link to the official facebook page trailer: http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=257029334313667&id=209565489060052

man I wish that was available in 720p

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    I want to know what happened to Azula

obF2Wuw.png
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    She rotted in prison as a madwoman

Presumably.

I want to know what happened to their mother.

Azula was crazy and lived in an insane asylum until she died on account of being crazy

the end

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Pata wrote:
    I like how buff Korra is.

Because when you spend your life practicing martial arts you should be, but so many people ignore that on female characters.

Well it depends on the style really. Certian martial arts don't focus on building muscle but focus more on technique and leverage.

Still yeah a Bender who masters all four would probably need to be a little buff.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    It'd be hilarious if Azula eventually reformed and trained one of the good guys.

Nothing like blue flame, rocket boots and LIGHTNING being used to defeat the bad guys.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    zerg rush wrote:
    It'd be hilarious if Azula eventually reformed and trained one of the good guys.

Nothing like blue flame, rocket boots and LIGHTNING being used to defeat the bad guys.

That'd be cool, but from a narrative perspective I wouldn't like it. Her character isn't really a "reforming" type, in my mind.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    As far as characters go, she's a 14 year old girl. Condemned to being crazy for the rest of her life is a pretty harsh punishment, even if she was the villain of the series.

well I mean it's not like anybody's forcing her to be crazy

but they didn't have anti-psychotics back in medieval times

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    and Azula wasn't like

wacky crazy or a little zealous

she was a heartless sociopath with no sense of remorse

• pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    oh my sweet god that trailer

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    Pony wrote:
    and Azula wasn't like

I dunno, she pretty much cracks at the end

JKKaAGp.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    and Azula wasn't like

she had cool friends therefore she can be cool too

it's how it works yo

obF2Wuw.png
  • pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Yeah in the finale she goes from under-control-sociopath to absolutely unhinged lunatic.

Also in that trailer, it showed what looked to be an arena. Kind of like what we saw with THE BOULDERRRRR

pyromaniac221 on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I really want to hug that dog wolf bear thing

edited July 2011
    I would classify Azula's sociopathy as different from her psychotic break. The sociopathy where she lacks a conscious seems like a permanent character trait. As a sociopath, she can still be a useful and productive member of society. Hell, a lot of famous world leaders and heroes throughout history have exhibited sociopathic traits.

Her being psychotic could have easily been a temporary thing caused by the situation. Her only friends in the world betraying her, her father abandoning her, and her being suddenly required to rule a country. That's a lot of pressure, a hell of a lot more than having to take the SAT's. And I've seen people years older than her crack from just that. They end up just fine once they get time to settle down.

Not to mention she just spent 6 months behind enemy lines in what amounts to a special forces squad facing lethal combat every day against her brother, the living embodiment of nature, and the entirety of the earth kingdom. Granted that she won, but that's some PTSD right there.

zerg rush on
    she was always a sociopath. She grinned in sadistic glee when her baby brother got half his face burned off by their insane, grotesque father

• MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    When I trained in a martial art that had a mix of northern and southern chinese styles the advanced female members had builds exactly like korra.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    The sociopathy was because her father basically treated her like a mini golden god(dess), whereas her brother was scum and everyone beneath her was also scum.

Her psychotic break was because she was beginning to learn the hard way that not everyone HAD to bow down to her, and people were more and more beginning to defy her and turn on her, despite her supposed grip on them. And to top it all off, her father basically gave her the title she wanted when it was little more tan a token at that point, not an actual title worthy of what she saw herself as.

• ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    If she was a sociopath, why would she care if her friends betrayed her? It would only be another obstacle.

JKKaAGp.png
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Fucker looks huggable but I bet you when he fights shit gets real. Appa was always sorta passive unless provoked. a Bear and a wolf though? Gonna fuck shit up.

I wonder if it has water bending abilities or if Roku and Air benders are exceptions?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    edited July 2011
    She seemed to relish the whole constant lethal combat thing though. I mean, she sure threw herself into every opportunity to fuck someone up, and she never betrayed the slightest hint of fear or hesitation.
    If she was a sociopath, why would she care if her friends betrayed her? It would only be another obstacle.
    It wasn't that she felt bad that she lost her friends. She just enjoyed having complete and utter control over them (which you could see in her interactions with Kaylee (?)). When they turned on her, she was forced to confront the fact that she wasn't an all-powerful manipulative force of personality. She couldn't read and predict everything that everyone was going to do.

pyromaniac221 on
    Man you guys have no love for the crazy ladies

obF2Wuw.png

Fucker looks huggable but I bet you when he fights shit gets real. Appa was always sorta passive unless provoked. a Bear and a wolf though? Gonna fuck shit up.

I wonder if it has water bending abilities or if Roku and Air benders are exceptions?

the bear moles were able to earth-bend. I bet there's an animal that can water bend.

• MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    That type of aggression doesn't require psychopathy. Psychopath's typically rarely feel any strong emotion.

You'd think a water bending animal would be a sea dwelling creature. Like a whale or something.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    the ocean spirit fishes are mentioned as teaching the first water benders, I think

Also everyone in that trailer is all wearing modern clothes and shit, but Korra's in the original waterbender tribe parka thing. How many dudes is she going to cockpunch for calling her a hick?

Nerdgasmic wrote:
    the ocean spirit fishes are mentioned as teaching the first water benders, I think

You mean the ones in that pool at the north pole? Or a more general species?

Nerdgasmic wrote:

You mean the ones in that pool at the north pole? Or a more general species?

the ones in the pool

there are probably are less rare waterbending animals, though

• Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote:

As I recall, the first water benders actually learned from the moon and it's influence on the tides.

sig_megas_armed.jpg
    Nerdgasmic wrote:

As I recall, the first water benders actually learned from the moon and it's influence on the tides.

I don't know if it meant that they learned by observing the actual moon or not, but one of those fishes almost literally is the moon

• RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    I squeed like a fangirl when I saw the trailer.

So excited.

Also everyone in that trailer is all wearing modern clothes and shit, but Korra's in the original waterbender tribe parka thing. How many dudes is she going to cockpunch for calling her a hick?

As many as it takes. Which is for the best.

Rchanen wrote:
    I squeed like a fangirl when I saw the trailer.

So excited.

oh yeah trailer looks balls awesome

the design and pretty much everything was tits amazing, I love how the water tribe adapted to the new technologies

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Rchanen wrote:

As many as it takes. Which is for the best.

This resolves *part* of my bitching about no progress being made after Steampunk Era + 70 years.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it progress, but I would like to see change.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    Nerdgasmic wrote:

I was wondering about that. Will Korra have to learn from a Skybison. Are there still Skybison? We saw one in the trailer.

This discussion has been closed.