As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Provisional [chat] (READ THE OP)

JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp.I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
edited July 2011 in Debate and/or Discourse
Earlier today Echo closed the D&D chat thread because of the inexcusably bad behavior of several people. It was a good call and I'm glad he made it. Infractions were handed out; if I had been here at the time, there would have been several more. You may count yourselves lucky.

I am home tonight after eight hours house painting in 100+ degree heat. I have the energy and inclination to do very little right now except browse the forums and drink the giant pitcher of Arnold Palmer I have made. That being the case, I'm willing to reopen the chat thread for tonight on a provisional basis.

By posting in this thread, you agree

- that you are not posting here to hash out childish, moronic grudges against other forumers,
- that you are not posting here to gripe incessantly about discussions to which you contribute nothing,
- that you are not posting here to impress us with how sarcastic, snarky, snotty or just generally negative and unpleasant you can be,
- that you are not crushingly unfamiliar with the basic rules of courtesy or the rules of the forum on which you are posting,
- that you are not under the impression that being "correct" about some ridiculous argument is a foolproof excuse for a shitty attitude,
- that you understand that this is an informal conversation, and are prepared to extend the benefit of the doubt to the person to whom you're replying,
- that before hitting Post Reply, you will take a second - every time - to pause and ask yourself if what you're writing is going to contribute constructively to the conversation or just add to the giant pile of bullshit.

Posting in the chat thread is a privilege extended to members who contribute in positive ways to the Debate & Discourse community. It is not a right and it can and will be revoked the second I think it's becoming a vehicle for people to be nasty or vindictive to each other. Be on your best behavior or don't be here at all.

In that spirit, any infractions I hand out in this chat thread are going to be serious ones. Anyone who complains they weren't warned, or who are just generally unable to own up to the consequences of their own behavior, can look forward to another 2-pointer on top of that. I honestly and sincerely hope that I don't have to do any of this, and that the good people - which I know the vast majority of you are - can get this chat thread on track and keep it the collegial, informative, and fun place I know it can be.

Now move out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f49GhmNO2Fg

Jacobkosh on

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    evening all

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    morning [chat]

Jacob, I'm going to play Android tonight with my usual gaming group - if there's only three of us, though, I'm thinking that I may need to say "maybe don't choose Caprice", since her mechanics/strengths seem to be the most subtle of the five detectives

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    While [chat] was gone I caught up on my animes and mangas.

...it was a bad idea to start a series that updates once every 6 months.

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Simon, I think that is a good idea. We also didn't use her on our first game for exactly that reason.

• Options
    i got to dress as a girl this week

that was nice
    but I had to sign up for the draft today since I turned 18 and I'm genetically male
    that was much less nice
    i've been holding back tears

• Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    My friend says I should make cupcakes tonight. I am skeptical.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    I think I'm better looking than Tom Jones, and yet I also think he can attract way more women than I can.

This does not compute.

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    twelve to sixteen thousand words on future history due at noon Monday

a couple hundred plus bits of an outline done

hoo boy

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I have so much stuff to read.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    what the hell peoples

also, i had a feeling that suzuka grey was an alt but i have no clue who it was. though if i was forced to guess i would say aemilius.

• Options
    I think I'm better looking than Tom Jones, and yet I also think he can attract way more women than I can.

This does not compute.
    It's not unusual that he's richer, more popular and possibly more talented.

• Options

hoo boy

Future history? Is that like...how history will be done in the future? Or predicting future events?

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I was going to leave the other four open, but essentially say "because her mechanics rely a lot on knowing what everyone else's cards can do, I'm going to say that she shouldn't be in the game until we've at least played a single session"

Also, I was looking at BGG for some reviews/opinions of the game and there appears to be two camps - Android-haters and Android-lovers (or Android-"apologists" as the former faction likes to call them). It basically seems to feed into Sayre's law to an incredible extent.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Elki wrote:

Be sure and add Supergods by Grant Morrison to that list.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I also caught up on my

Manga
    Bakuman, Deadman Wonderland, Airgear

Anime
    Idolm@ster, Sket Dance

and started something new
    Teppu (manga about girls MMA)

• Options
    Dynagrip wrote:
    what the hell peoples

also, i had a feeling that suzuka grey was an alt but i have no clue who it was. though if i was forced to guess i would say aemilius.

I don't remember who, but it wasn't him

• Options
    edited July 2011
    B:L wrote:

This does not compute.
    It's not unusual that he's richer, more popular and possibly more talented.

Granted it's not unusual he has all those things going for him.

But I have dimples. So I'm back at square one here.

edit: Now I'm reading everyones posts to the tune of "It's not unusual." And listening to it on youtube.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    Elki wrote:

I thought Supergods was Ellis?

Antimatter is confused! Antimatter hurts self in confusion!

• Options
    and started something new
    Teppu (manga about girls MMA)
    I heard great things about Teppu but I'm placing it on the backburner after Hajime no Ippo (manga about boxing).

• Options
    South host wrote:

hoo boy

Future history? Is that like...how history will be done in the future? Or predicting future events?

usually it's a cross between prediction and making up

• Options
    Elki wrote:

I got like 10 books for Christmas, and have bought 2 more since, and haven't finished a single one. Plus another half dozen that I already had.

I keep finishing any crappy 40k book that I buy for cheap, but I can't force myself to read a book on counterinsurgency. :/

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    hugs antimatter

god I am starved for human contact right now

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    It's a pretty open secret that Tom Jones has a huge penis

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    So the girl once was blind, but now she can see. Was lost, but now can mange to navigate with me acting as a poor seeing eye dog.
    Yay!

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Hooray, I missed [chat].

I am thinking about an RPG character I am going to make and digging out a neglected writing project.

I start Day Hospital on Monday. We'll see how that goes.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    I slept in for most of the no [chat] time. Then I played some WoT.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Elldren wrote:
    hugs antimatter

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    Elldren wrote:
    hugs antimatter

you and me both

• Options
    Sket Dance was kind of mindless fun.

Plus pillows

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    If I wrote a future history paper it would just be "Turns out this is all a holodeck simulation and you are Cmdr. Riker, who had his memories over written by the computer during a holodeck accident. The end."

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    ...before hitting Post Reply...take a second - every time - to pause and ask yourself if what you're writing is going to contribute constructively to the conversation or just add to the giant pile of bullshit.

Want to sig this so hard.

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Antimatter wrote:
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    Elki wrote:

Nah, Ellis really isn't into superheroes and wouldn't choose to write about them unless someone paid him.

• Options
    Hooray, I missed [chat].

I am thinking about an RPG character I am going to make and digging out a neglected writing project.

I start Day Hospital on Monday. We'll see how that goes.

*hugs*

what sort of character?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    One of my Chrome extensions (Auto HD for Youtube) changed name to "Ad Remover for Grooveshark". Highly suspicious. Not to mention "no longer working".

• Options
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    Antimatter wrote:
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    Elki wrote:

Nah, Ellis really isn't into superheroes and wouldn't choose to write about them unless someone paid him.

I found the problem. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supergod

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    So tired today, walked about 13 miles with my wife. Also whatever the skechers shape ups are supposed to do for weight loss I can tell you they are damn comfortable shoes, damn comfortable.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    South host wrote:
    Elki wrote:

I got like 10 books for Christmas, and have bought 2 more since, and haven't finished a single one. Plus another half dozen that I already had.

I keep finishing any crappy 40k book that I buy for cheap, but I can't force myself to read a book on counterinsurgency. :/

You're just prioritizing things. What's more likely, that you'll have to deal with terrorism somewhere, or that you'll need to sacrifice blood to the blood god? The world is getting safer when it comes to insurgent violence. It's not like bombs are going off randomly in Norway...

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    So earlier today I had to go pick up my girlfriend. Not because her car was mechanically unsound or abused but apparently she didn't factor in the amount of trunk space she has when she attended the Nordstrom's anniversary sale. I am deeply impressed, mildly terrified and apparently own two more suits.

• Options
    So here is Edward James Olmos and his wife (who is half his age)
    lymari-nadal-and-edward-james-olmos-2009-nclr-17Nkdh.jpg

Does Edward really have enough money to justify this relationship, like Rupert Murdoch and his bride?

The man looks like a well-worn couch.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    thanks for the chat thread back

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
This discussion has been closed.