As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Provisional [chat] (READ THE OP)

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Hooray, I missed [chat].

I am thinking about an RPG character I am going to make and digging out a neglected writing project.

I start Day Hospital on Monday. We'll see how that goes.

So is that like a psych ward where you get to go home and sleep in your own bed every night?

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Yes, thank you guys <3

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Ellis also won't choose to finish something unless someone is paying him.

And even then it's a toss-up

fuck gendered marketing
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Echo wrote:
    One of my Chrome extensions (Auto HD for Youtube) changed name to "Ad Remover for Grooveshark". Highly suspicious. Not to mention "no longer working".

I love Grooveshark.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    simonwolf wrote:
    Yeah, I was going to leave the other four open, but essentially say "because her mechanics rely a lot on knowing what everyone else's cards can do, I'm going to say that she shouldn't be in the game until we've at least played a single session"

Also, I was looking at BGG for some reviews/opinions of the game and there appears to be two camps - Android-haters and Android-lovers (or Android-"apologists" as the former faction likes to call them). It basically seems to feed into Sayre's law to an incredible extent.

yeah, it's a very Marmite kind of a thing. Everyone divides into camps, and if you end up hating it, I'll understand. It's just that I happen to have really liked it.

rRwz9.gif
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    evilbob wrote:
    Hooray, I missed [chat].

I am thinking about an RPG character I am going to make and digging out a neglected writing project.

So is that like a psych ward where you get to go home and sleep in your own bed every night?

Yes.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    It's a pretty open secret that Tom Jones has a huge penis

Jacob just because you keep a celebrity penis chart doesn't exactly mean something is an "open" secret.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Ellis wrote "SUPERGOD". Morrison wrote "Supergods".

aRkpc.gif
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    I am on hour 36 of continuous science doing marathon
    yay deadlines

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Elldren wrote:
    Ellis also won't choose to finish something unless someone is paying him.

And even then it's a toss-up

p. much

it's why I only buy trade paperbacks from him, anymore.

rRwz9.gif
    Preacher wrote:
    Jacobkosh wrote:

Jacob just because you keep a celebrity penis chart doesn't exactly mean something is an "open" secret.
    Doesn't everyone keep a chart like that...

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Also [hugs] for @Antimatter

I think I officially need some gaming circle etiquette advice. We're approaching a situation.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote:
    So here is Edward James Olmos and his wife (who is half his age)
    lymari-nadal-and-edward-james-olmos-2009-nclr-17Nkdh.jpg

Does Edward really have enough money to justify this relationship, like Rupert Murdoch and his bride?

The man looks like a well-worn couch.

maybe he's got change between the cushions

so to speak

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    Elldren wrote:
    Hooray, I missed [chat].

*hugs*

what sort of character?

Torn between a Ventrue hardass and a Toreador diplomat.

Thomamelas wrote:
    So earlier today I had to go pick up my girlfriend. Not because her car was mechanically unsound or abused but apparently she didn't factor in the amount of trunk space she has when she attended the Nordstrom's anniversary sale. I am deeply impressed, mildly terrified and apparently own two more suits.

Wise man once said, never come between woman and sale, he also said never loan woman credit card with no limit.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Preacher wrote:
    Jacobkosh wrote:

look I read a lot of celebrity gossip

rRwz9.gif
  • South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    moniker wrote:
    South host wrote:
    Elki wrote:
    I have so much stuff to read.

I got like 10 books for Christmas, and have bought 2 more since, and haven't finished a single one. Plus another half dozen that I already had.

I keep finishing any crappy 40k book that I buy for cheap, but I can't force myself to read a book on counterinsurgency. :/

You're just prioritizing things. What's more likely, that you'll have to deal with terrorism somewhere, or that you'll need to sacrifice blood to the blood god? The world is getting safer when it comes to insurgent violence. It's not like bombs are going off randomly in Norway...

Heresy! The Golden Throne shall never be tarnished by such filth.

Blood for the blood god. The very idea!

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
    Preacher wrote:
    Jacobkosh wrote:

No, wait shit am I the crazy one? Do the rest of you have penis charts? Oh god its like that twilight zone episode with the pig faced people.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Echo wrote:
    One of my Chrome extensions (Auto HD for Youtube) changed name to "Ad Remover for Grooveshark". Highly suspicious. Not to mention "no longer working".

I love Grooveshark.

I have no idea what it is.

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    simonwolf wrote:
    Yeah, I was going to leave the other four open, but essentially say "because her mechanics rely a lot on knowing what everyone else's cards can do, I'm going to say that she shouldn't be in the game until we've at least played a single session"

Also, I was looking at BGG for some reviews/opinions of the game and there appears to be two camps - Android-haters and Android-lovers (or Android-"apologists" as the former faction likes to call them). It basically seems to feed into Sayre's law to an incredible extent.

yeah, it's a very Marmite kind of a thing. Everyone divides into camps, and if you end up hating it, I'll understand. It's just that I happen to have really liked it.

After reading through the cards, I can really see what you like about it, and I am digging it myself - I think some of the attitude problems come from the apparent issue that FFG marketed the game wrong, and people were annoyed when it ended up not being Blade Runner Cluedo. Once I explain the game in a gateway fashion to my friends, I'm sure they'll see what makes it good. My friend already picked up on the idea of "winning without getting your suspect" as very noir, which is a positive sign.

Jacobkosh wrote:
    Preacher wrote:
    Jacobkosh wrote:

So are you a painter or something? Or were you really just hard up to get high and that was the best way? Why haven't you seen captain america yet? DO YOU HATE AMERICA?!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote:
    So earlier today I had to go pick up my girlfriend. Not because her car was mechanically unsound or abused but apparently she didn't factor in the amount of trunk space she has when she attended the Nordstrom's anniversary sale. I am deeply impressed, mildly terrified and apparently own two more suits.

Hope she knows your size and fit pretty well, because nothing looks sexier than a guy in a well cut suit and nothing looks schlubbier than a guy in a poorly fit one.

My favorite Vampire characters are the most off-type.

I had a Gangrel with high social attributes, and lots of points dumped into social skills (especially performance, specialized in singing).

I made a Torrie trance. It was great.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:

Wise man once said, never come between woman and sale, he also said never loan woman credit card with no limit.

I didn't say a god damn word and kept my poker face the whole time. This seemed like the wisest course of action.
    Variable wrote:
    simonwolf wrote:

Does Edward really have enough money to justify this relationship, like Rupert Murdoch and his bride?

so to speak

He has a sexy voice.

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    evilbob wrote:
    Hooray, I missed [chat].

Yes.

That sounds pretty good. All the good stuff that actually helps without the shitty beds, getting woken up by nurses checking on you, and people deciding 1am is a fantastic time to have a very loud argument with a voice in their head.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Variable wrote:
    simonwolf wrote:

so to speak

I was already jealous of Edward James Olmos. Now that I've seen his wife (daughter?) I don't know what to think.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote:
    Hooray, I missed [chat].

*hugs*

what sort of character?

oooh fun

I hope this is for the game I'm thinking of.

I have a Nosferatu mad scientist lined up

fuck gendered marketing
    Preacher wrote:
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    Preacher wrote:
    Jacobkosh wrote:

So are you a painter or something? Or were you really just hard up to get high and that was the best way? Why haven't you seen captain america yet? DO YOU HATE AMERICA?!

No car!

Patrick Stewart and Christopher Walken are also said to be packing.

rRwz9.gif
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    being woken up by orderlies is pretty shitty

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    moniker wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:

Hope she knows your size and fit pretty well, because nothing looks sexier than a guy in a well cut suit and nothing looks schlubbier than a guy in a poorly fit one.

She does, I had to have a little alteration done to the tux and I'll have some done to the suits but they should be pretty close.

Preacher wrote:
    Preacher wrote:
    Jacobkosh wrote:

No, wait shit am I the crazy one? Do the rest of you have penis charts? Oh god its like that twilight zone episode with the pig faced people.
    I have an iconic knowledge of celebrity peen. I am quite proud of that knowledge.

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    a friend semi-invited himself to visit me and then expected me to hang out with him for like 6+ hours in between shit he had to do in brooklyn -______- so then i was too tired to go do other shit i planned to do originally

poo
    Thomamelas wrote:
    He has a sexy voice.

And a stare that can kill at up to 1500 yards.

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Variable wrote:
    simonwolf wrote:

so to speak

He has a sexy voice.

So does Leonard Cohen, but I don't s-

hmm

you may be onto something there

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    B:L wrote:
    and started something new
    Teppu (manga about girls MMA)
    I heard great things about Teppu but I'm placing it on the backburner after Hajime no Ippo (manga about boxing).

Its pretty solid but I do find the main character unlikable a large portion of the time.

Day Hospital can be a very positive experience. Far more so than in-patient for certain situations, and especially so for Depression-related circumstances.

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    roasted marshmallow poll:

burnt or browned, motherfuckers?

simonwolf wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Variable wrote:
    simonwolf wrote:

so to speak

He has a sexy voice.

So does Leonard Cohen, but I don't s-

hmm

you may be onto something there

Do not underestimate the power of a sexy voice. Or why Michael Ironsides could have me anytime he wanted. 8->

Jacobkosh wrote:
    No car!

Patrick Stewart and Christopher Walken are also said to be packing.

Am I going to have to drive all the way out to fucking kansas to get your ass to do your fucking american duty? Because shit I can't do that, but I swear to god I almost half considered it!

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Ugh, too many games opening for preorders on Steam now. But I'll wait and see.

This discussion has been closed.