As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-Phalla] Complex Biology: Game Over! Scientists / Hypnotoad / Ani-Mannequin Win!

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    3clipse

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    piLpiL Registered User regular
    I feel like Phyphor is taunting us so we feel extra terrible when we find out he's a scientist :(

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    No, I'm the serial killer and I can kill ten people a night. I just don't feel like it. Yet. Also, this is a mini, I cannot be mafia

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I think trusting stever777 is fine and all, right now. He's probably a bee vig. I buy that his ability was blocked by a guard or ability.
    I'm a bit worried about how many folks so quickly picked 3clipse though.

Mafia just cutting their losses, or is 3clipse telling the truth, and we are giving mafia a convenient place to hide?

Remember, it was pretty obvious that he had outed himself in the thread, with all of the bee stuff before the kill narration.
    Scientists would have roleblocked him if they could. Especially since killing him wouldn't prevent his kill last night.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Can @kuhlmeye explain why such a beautiful young woman was wondering around Complex Biology?

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Why would she need to explain? She is clearly innocent of any wrongdoing.

All hail the hypnotoad.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    stormwindstormwind Registered User regular
    I don't think I've voted today. The bandwagon just doesn't appeal to me.
    !kime because it doesn't matter.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I think trusting stever777 is fine and all, right now. He's probably a bee vig. I buy that his ability was blocked by a guard or ability.
    I'm a bit worried about how many folks so quickly picked 3clipse though.

Mafia just cutting their losses, or is 3clipse telling the truth, and we are giving mafia a convenient place to hide?

Remember, it was pretty obvious that he had outed himself in the thread, with all of the bee stuff before the kill narration.
    Scientists would have roleblocked him if they could. Especially since killing him wouldn't prevent his kill last night.

We should not trust stever. He has a kill, yes. He supposedly received a kill target from Alegis, yes (but unluckily failed, giving the possible-mafia another day of life). But he is not confirmed in any way. Do not trust him.

If 3clipse is mafia, the mafia surely joined the bandwagon without too much fuss. It was clearly a losing battle from the start if they wanted to save him.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    3clipse even though I'm not entirely convinced of his disloyalty.
    I'm not sure of "Once per night, I can wave my squid hands in someone's face and prevent them from using their power." either. How does that exactly work?
    If you are village, I'm sorry you got such a odd power.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    3clipse even though I'm not entirely convinced of his disloyalty.
    I'm not sure of "Once per night, I can wave my squid hands in someone's face and prevent them from using their power." either. How does that exactly work?
    If you are village, I'm sorry you got such a odd power.

It's partially enshrouded by the fluff, but sounds just like a roleblock. Target a player, that player can't take any actions that night.

3clipse may be good, yeah, but we need to go for it. It is (probably) Alegis's first pick, so we should try this before we look at other leads. Unfortunately our bandwagons have been pathetic this game.

Edit: By the last sentence, I mean that when we finally get a Scientist, there's a good change we won't have much in the way of voting records.

Also, *roll roll roll*

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    I just hope we're not all making a huge mistake. This sort of "Oh, the network's best guess is <name>!" kind of stuff can be really just too much. It's also a pretty damn good mafia play- establish the "network" before the real one sets up, and you can try to run the village like a rack of billiard balls.

I also don't really know if I could trust stever because Rend tried to pull something just like this in the latter half of the steampunk phalla- he came out as a network head and succeeded in getting everyone to vote out a village special before being outed as a mafia. I fell for that one quite handily, so forgive me if I seem a little leery.

It might just be me, but I happen to want a little more information before making a decision- just throwing out names is something anyone could do. Heck, I could copy/paste the player roster and say "these people might be mafia" and it'd accomplish the same thing, only I'd most likely get people going "Not again..." or something.

In any case, I'll vote stever777 until I can be convinced otherwise.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    j4
    i'd think you were mafia or something,
    if peccavi weren't so clearly mafia.

• Options
    Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    Vote closed.

Narration incoming.

filefile.jpg
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Stever's target was kuhlmeye

• Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    I hate you guys.

PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    kuhlmeye wrote:
    I hate you guys.

I am also not a fan of hunting neutrals. But you are outed, which makes you more dangerous (should the mafia threaten you). And you still could be lying :P.

Steam profile
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Alas, I have been accused!

Frankly, I am not amused

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    I missed vote close didn't I. Crap.

• Options
    It's OK REG Rysk, I am mafia and I am calling my kill on you.

*scribbles notes*

*rolls*

Steam profile
  • Options
    so hungry

• Options
    Feeeeed meeeee

Steam profile
  • Options
    Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Day 3: Squids for Hands, Bees for Brains

A few of the cleverer subjects realized that the scientists would likely return for the notebook beside the Minotaur’s corpse. It wasn’t like them to leave valuable data behind. They secreted themselves away inside the lab and waited. It wasn’t long before they heard angry muttering:

“If only we’d had enough time to run the bloodwork! Then we’d know for sure how the bull’s system was handling the transition to human organs!”

The subjects leapt out of their hiding places and tackled the scientist. He had the body of a man but his hands had been replaced with two live squids. Hearing the commotion, other subjects soon arrived. Attempts to interrogate the bastard were short-lived, as the crowd quickly overwhelmed the initial captors and tore the man to pieces.

In contrast, a few of the lonelier subjects had trailed the beautiful woman through the facility. They didn’t mean her any harm; they just wanted to talk to someone who wasn’t a hideous monster for a few minutes. But they lost track of her as she climbed the stairs to the second story. Simultaneously, they heard a fierce buzzing from the ventilation shaft overhead. They panicked and raced after her, but were too late. They found her bleeding and coated with bee stings. Disturbingly, her mouth had dropped open and a long snake had lolled out, its tail descending into her throat.

Across the hall from her corpse, an imposing steel door had swung open. Inside, they found something even stranger. Two young people, each sewn to a computer console, facing one another across the room. They looked similar enough to be twins, but each was covered in different wounds. One was smiling, though he was covered in tiny bite wounds. The other had been beaten into a bloody pulp. The subjects didn’t take much time to investigate the corpses. They wanted revenge against the bees who had killed the one beautiful person in the entire facility.

They followed the ventilation pipes down to the main floor of the facilty and through dozens of maze-like corridors. Along the way, they passed another toy car which had been crushed and was leaking blood, but again didn’t stop to investigate. Finally, they came to a dead end. A single bee buzzed over an antique spacesuit covered in cyrillic characters. The other bees had all been pinned to the wall with small pins. Someone had taken a thick, black marker and precisely noted the length of each bee on the wall. The single bee continued to circle the suit, mourning its family.

----

The Dead
    3clipse (Scientist / The Squiddler) - Mob justice
    kuhlmeye (The Hissing Hussy) - Stung to death
    Stormwind (Twin) - Pummeled
    38thdoe (Twin) - Died Happy
    JaysonFour (Hot Wheelz Driver) - Trampled
    Stever777 (The Cosmic Hive) - Analyzed

----

Day 4 will end Sunday at 11 pm EST.

PMs are going out now.

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    kime wrote:
    It's OK REG Rysk, I am mafia and I am calling my kill on you.

*scribbles notes*

*rolls*

:(

On another note, I've not yet read the days happenings in full. It mostly looked silly anyways.

• Options
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooo

so... hungry...

oooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Exactly two people knew I was guarding stever777 and had the opportunity to spread that information, and one of them is dead now.

Your move, The Anonymous.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    In an attempt to avoid inactivity for today...

kime

This in no way reflects anything intelligent and is subject to change at my whim.

• Options
    Exactly two people knew I was guarding stever777 and had the opportunity to spread that information, and one of them is dead now.

Your move, The Anonymous.

It's possible that there's a busdriver in action. But the thought of a mafia busdriver is frightening.

Steam profile
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    oOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooOOOooo

At least I apparently got killed by Slaanesh.

oOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooOOOooo

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    D: Well, at least we got one. I like needed's logic, assuming he's telling the truth.

• Options
    The Anonymous is probably a good lead, yeah. Do not sheep, village, this is your chance to shine!

And besides, the more you talk the more information I have to interpret!

Steam profile
  • Options
    I'll vote for The Anonymous. Right now though, I have a sneaking suspicion of Taya. Call it a hunch. Hunches are neat, because when the game ends and Taya wins, I can shout, "See, I called it, what the hell guys, listen to me!" but if I'm wrong, it just fades into forgotten memory.

• Options
    Third on the wagon = mafia

piL, I'm watching you

again

Steam profile
  • Options
    I was technically second on the wagon, since I said I agreed with the logic, I just hadn't bold-red-texted yet. That makes you third on the wagon!

• Options
    But I'm round and roll so it doesn't count

Steam profile
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    oooooOOOOOooooo

I thought the squids on my hands were such a good disguise...at least I can do science...in the afterlife...

oooooOOOOOooooo

• Options
    Was Langly Stever's second in command?

Replacements are becoming quite in demand.

• Options
    *sigh*

It is probably better not to mention publicly who is up for being network head. Not unless they have solid info to go on.

Since, you know, everyone who steps up dies

Steam profile
  • Options
    I apologize, I'll stay in the dark
    You cannot accuse me of being a narc

I spoke with Alegis before he died
    And now I'm wondering in whom I should confide

• Options
    Everyone should confide in me

It will help my notes

*roll roll*

Steam profile
  • Options
    my thoughts on 3clipse.
    He claimed an odd ability, when he could have picked something more believable.
    Maybe he really was the mafia's role block
    That, or he had given up on surviving and changed his squid hands abilities when announcing his reveal, so that we would not know the mafia's loss.
    I'm not sure what squid hands could potentially do though.

As to the narration.
    It's odd that we haven't heard more of these blue painted rhymes.

VayBJ4e.png