As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] Roses are red, violets are blue, I worship chaos, and BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

• Mystery.ShadowMystery.Shadow Registered User regular
    The MD warhams folks (the cool ones) are having another gay orgy get-together tomorrow at 2pm at the Bowie Bunker. Drinks to follow.

If you are not there then you are terrible and probably fuck cows, cow fucker.

Hey now! I know my Fiance' is 'big' but no need to call her names! (She's nearly seven feet tall)
    And I have to work tomorrow.

WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

I Spent 90% of my Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted.
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Make a lascutter out of a flamer and a lasgun!

ooo, i like that. I just made a test one, and it looks pretty badass. I got tonnes of spare flamers and lasguns. Its like a super hot-shot lasgun.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    The MD warhams folks (the cool ones) are having another gay orgy get-together tomorrow at 2pm at the Bowie Bunker. Drinks to follow.

If you are not there then you are terrible and probably fuck cows, cow fucker.
    What point level are we talking about? Because I was sitting here thinking, 'what is the least Tau thing I can bring,' and the answer I came up with was, 'Deathwing!'

*edit*
    Hey Mr. Mich, are you going to be gracing us with your presence? If so, don't forget the fire warriors, or you will owe me... 1 delicious beverage.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    So I played against another Blood Angels army at 2000 and it went a little better though I made some big mistakes. One of them being allocating all of my power weapon wounds from my Wolf Lord and my one power weapon Grey Wolf onto Dante instead of shredding the assault squad that I was locked into combat with. My Thunderwolves were in a bad spot on the board and my Dreadnought got dropped turn one. My Long Fangs did decently but out of 32 Frag missile hits on an assault squad, I wounded 14 and only killed 4 out of like 12.

The one high light were my three Thunderwolves with SS and TH completely decimating Mephiston after I saved against 4 of his wounds. It was an awesome game that I lost.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    Are any of you guys still in contact with Paint Vagrant? does he still do commisions? I'd like to get a hold of him, if only to ask, but I can't find his info anywhere.

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
    Also would be interested to hear if anyone else knows of a commission guy of similar quality i can ask about.

• Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    Matrias wrote:
    Are any of you guys still in contact with Paint Vagrant? does he still do commisions? I'd like to get a hold of him, if only to ask, but I can't find his info anywhere.

I've also noticed that the dude has pretty much disappeared, although I did see him posting on the Mercs Minis forums a couple weeks back. I'll go find that and PM you.

I kinda just need a guy to paint somethings hot. Doesn't have to be PV but he was the first guy I thought of.

• Captain ScurvyCaptain Scurvy Registered User regular
    I am the guardian of the paint vagrant, and I have been summoned. Actually Matrias im friends with him in RL, he got a real person job and kinda got socked in on that. I can ask him but im not sure he's still doing commission work currently.

[Enter Witty Catch Phrase Here]
  • FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    So, after having bought and assembled my first hiveguard, I've reviewed their rules, and... ehhhh.

Kinda bothered by the low AP on what's suppused to be an anti-tank weapon. Also got a Finecast Zoanthrope, which can be AA, but ehhhh...

• altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    Matrias, there are a couple good commission painters i know of. Are you wary of cost? I don't think PaintVagrant is in the game anymore.

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    FroThulhu wrote:
    So, after having bought and assembled my first hiveguard, I've reviewed their rules, and... ehhhh.

Kinda bothered by the low AP on what's suppused to be an anti-tank weapon. Also got a Finecast Zoanthrope, which can be AA, but ehhhh...

Hive Guard are the best AA in the Tyranid book, no question.

Tyranids don't exactly do low AP at the best of times (it's really only Psychic things and bio-plasma which do I think) so AP4 isn't that bad. Plus you have a str8 T6 BS4 2W 24" gun which can ignore interevening terrain and deny cover save from same for 50pts, they are awesome.

I got to use my Deldar today now that I've scraped 1000pts together. Took part in a 2v2 with 3000pts on both sides (my partner backed in more Terminators than I am ever comfortable with, but at least he was on my side!) The Voidraven missiles are great fun, there weren't a lot of armoured targets to pop with the lances so I got to Fire Everything! at some space marines. 4 str7 large blasts that re-roll to wound are not to be sneered at...

Halos Nach Tariff on
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    FroThulhu wrote:
    Kinda bothered by the low AP on what's suppused to be an anti-tank weapon.
    As long as it's not 1 or 0, AP doesn't make any difference against vehicles; all that matters is raw S, and 8 is pretty good from that PoV.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    True... I might be spoiled (dunno what by). All in all, I guess I'm forced to admit that I wish they'd do a warrior-style box of guard. I'd get pretty hot for a full salvo of impaler cannon rounds goin downrange.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Also, Impaler Cannon ignore most cover so those hull down tanks? Not so much.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    FroThulhu wrote:
    True... I might be spoiled (dunno what by). All in all, I guess I'm forced to admit that I wish they'd do a warrior-style box of guard. I'd get pretty hot for a full salvo of impaler cannon rounds goin downrange.

It's not too tricky to make Hive/tyrant guard from the basic plastic warrior (same for any 40mm tyranid really). In this case you just hunch them over, use the big rending claws as gorilla hands and bulk out the carapace (or use a spare Carnifex carapace) give it a big gun with some flesh hooks in it and your'e good to go.

• Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    Just FYI: @KublaKhan kicked my ass with his Tyranids today.

Oooh, what did the bug player's army look like?

altmann wrote:
    Matrias, there are a couple good commission painters i know of. Are you wary of cost? I don't think PaintVagrant is in the game anymore.
    Lets just say the cost doesn't bother me.. I can do a tabletop+ paint job myself, so if I'm paying someone else, it better be super awesome.

• NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    Just pay Altmann to do it :P

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • AsherAsher Registered User regular
    I know a guy: http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/Mousemuffins

But also: Australia.

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    So, MD Warhams recap.

We usually play 500 points, so we can do multiple games/everyone can bring it. Today we did 3x500 point lists against @Gabriel_Pitt, who brought 1500 points of Deathwing. Deathwing. Against 500 point lists that are pretty devoid of AP2 weaponry. Anyways, it was an epic game. He had a cyclone termie that survived, despite its brethren falling, and then it gobbled up an entire Guard blob squad. He took a lot of punishment. The game ended with a margin of 1 KP. At the end of our turn, an IG Platoon Command squad charged in and slew the last termie, who failed his 2+ save. It was pretty epic in both directions, Gabe's got pics.

edited July 2011
    Platoon command squads are quickly becoming one of my favorate IG infantry units. They're just so cost effective and can spit out so much death if they stay in thier chimera.

Melee killing terminators with crappy guard units is always hilarious. Good ol' knife to the eye!
    One of my ratling squads deserved a commendation for killing two marines in close combat before breaking and running off the table. More than they killed with thier rifles! *rolleyes*

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Gettin' myself a Razorwing tomorrow~

Gods do I need one. A Ravager will NOT cut it on Weds' 750 point tournament. I need another means of cutting infantry down before the rest of my army needs to close in besides a Venom.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    How does this look for a 1500 list? Both Grey Hunter packs have a Rune Priest and Wolf Guard Pack Leader with them. I'll probably run the Razorback for the Long Fangs empty and just try to blow shit up. I wanted to add a Dreadnaught and Wolf Lord to the list but it definitely wont fit. I also wanted to give the Rune Priests a Wolftooth Necklace but I'm not sure how to clear up 21 points to afford it. I'd also like to run some Thunderwolves Calvary in the list after how well they did Friday night once they finally got into combat but to run three it would cost 330 points.

I plan on making a series of lists, I like where my 2000 point list is at, I'm gonna tweak it here and there as I play games with it but I would like to get a decent 1500, 1750, and 1850 list going so that I can play pretty much anyone I come across since most people at the store I play at seem to favor 1500-1750 lists. I wish the store would do an escalation league or something, they sound like a lot of fun.
    No Name (1501pts)
    1500pt Space Wolves 5th Ed (2009) Roster

Selections:

* HQ (260pts)

* Rune Priest (130pts)
    Bolt Pistol, Chooser of the Slain, Jaws of the World Wolf, Murderous Hurricane, Runic Armour, Runic Weapon

* Rune Priest (130pts)
    Bolt Pistol, Chooser of the Slain, Jaws of the World Wolf, Living Lightning, Runic Armour, Runic Weapon

* Elites (626pts)

* Wolf Guard Pack (626pts)
    Land Raider
    * Wolf Guard
    Combi Flamer/Melta/Plasma, Power Armour, Thunder Hammer
    * Wolf Guard
    Combi Flamer/Melta/Plasma, Power Armour, Thunder Hammer
    * Wolf Guard
    Terminator Armour, Wolf Claw, Wolf Claw
    * Wolf Guard
    Power Weapon, Storm Shield, Terminator Armour
    * Wolf Guard
    Chainfist, Combi Flamer/Melta/Plasma, Terminator Armour
    * Wolf Guard
    Chainfist, Combi Flamer/Melta/Plasma, Terminator Armour
    * Wolf Guard
    Cyclone Missile Launcher, Terminator Armour, Wolf Claw, Wolf Claw

* Troops (400pts)

* Grey Hunters Pack (200pts)
    8x Grey Hunter, Mark of the Wulfen, Meltagun, Power Weapon, Rhino, Wolf Standard

* Grey Hunters Pack (200pts)
    8x Grey Hunter, Mark of the Wulfen, Meltagun, Power Weapon, Rhino, Wolf Standard

* Heavy Support (215pts)

* Long Fangs Pack (215pts)
    * Long Fang
    Missile Launcher
    * Long Fang
    Missile Launcher
    * Long Fang
    Missile Launcher
    * Long Fang
    Missile Launcher
    * Long Fang
    Missile Launcher
    * Razorback
    Lascannon & Twin-linked Plasma Gun
    * Squad Leader
    Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    mr_mich wrote:
    So, MD Warhams recap.

We usually play 500 points, so we can do multiple games/everyone can bring it. Today we did 3x500 point lists against @Gabriel_Pitt, who brought 1500 points of Deathwing. Deathwing. Against 500 point lists that are pretty devoid of AP2 weaponry. Anyways, it was an epic game. He had a cyclone termie that survived, despite its brethren falling, and then it gobbled up an entire Guard blob squad. He took a lot of punishment. The game ended with a margin of 1 KP. At the end of our turn, an IG Platoon Command squad charged in and slew the last termie, who failed his 2+ save. It was pretty epic in both directions, Gabe's got pics.
    I had my 'I have enough termies to make an all 2+ save list, so I shall' Deathwing list. 2 TH/LC squads, 2 Cyclone squads, and 1 Heavy flamer and 1 Assault cannon squad. 31 models total. The mission was Annhilation, and originally, I was going to play my 6 dread 1.5k list, but I thought, "No way, against 500 point lists, that'd be way too hard..." Of course, what I didn't think of at the time was that my 6 dread list had 9-11 kp in it, depending on combat squads. Whereas the Deathwing list was 7 KP, and with everyone having a 2+ save, it gave those points up VERY slowly, as the mighty Cyclonator demonstrated below.
    031.jpg

First, his squad was worn down by storm bolter and lascannon fire from nearby Grey Knights, leaving just the lone terminator standing as IG came onto the board. He weathered everything Mich had to throw at him. The squad in the picture, as well as command squad with grenade launchers, melta vets in a chimera, the chimera itself. It was ridiculous. Couldn't fail a saving throw to save my life.

He then launched two dead on frag missiles into the IG squad, killing nearly half of them.
    032.jpg

Then he charged them.
    034.jpg

IG do not do well when the pimp hand is wearing the powerfist, especially when the pimp hand inflicts three wounds on the charge, and the surviving guardsmen decide they're going to see how it's hanging on the next table over.

You can see the Cyclonator's kill pile huddled against the table edge.
    036.jpg
    I had one squad in reserve that REFUSED to come onto the table until turn 5, when they HAD to. I wasn't in a good place right then, because the end of turn 4 saw the last of my other units wiped out, and I was down 4 KP to 6. If I wanted to win, I needed to catch up before the end of turn 5, so I took a risk and teleported my last squad in right into the middle of Mich's IG (risky, considering how I'd come within a half inch of mishapping two squads earlier in the game), obliterating his veterans. I just needed one more KP to tie, so EVERYTHING the other three had was poured into that squad, dropping four out of five terminators. With a chimera, a sentinel, and the IG platoon command in easy range of it, it was almost guranteed if I survived to turn 6, I'd get that KP I needed. So Mich threw the platoon command at it, inflicted _1_ wound, and I rolled my save, sending the die bouncing across the table, up off the edge, flipping into the carpet with the '1' facing straight up.

Game over. :lol:

Gabriel_Pitt on
    Asher wrote:
    I know a guy: http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/Mousemuffins

But also: Australia.
    Not a problem. Also his stuff is great.

Word you be able to forward his contact info to me?

• AsherAsher Registered User regular
    Sure, I'll PM you with his email address when I get it out of him.

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
    So, anyone else really looking forward to making a chaos cultist army with the new sisters of battle dex?

website_header.jpg
  • KublaKhanKublaKhan Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    FroThulhu wrote:
    Oooh, what did the bug player's army look like?

I put together what I considered to be a just an experimental army to try out different units (it was my first game with them) and it worked really well, I played against Sharp's tournament Salamanders and his friend's blood angels and won both, then got another game in against a heavily meched guard player today and wiped him off the board without giving up a single kill point. Nid's are fun! Anyway, here was the army:

-HQ-
    2 Tyranid Primes (BS+LW)

-Elite-
    3 Hive Guard
    3 Zoanthropes
    8 Yrmmguurgurlau Genestealers

-Troops-
    10 Termangants
    20 Termangants (AG)
    27 Hormagants (AG)
    16 Termagants (Devourers)

-HS-
    Trygon Prime (AG)

Total: 1500

KublaKhan on
    Kubla, that's basically yhe kind of swarm I wanna run, just sub the second unit of gants for gargoyles

So there was a leak of the upcoming Sisters of Battle WD codex which got reposted to warseer, and having read over the first part (no points or unit options until next month) I am pumped. They still have Rage, but I can't wait to try using Penitent Engines and Sisters Repentia again. A whole lot of neat stuff in there.

• SpherickSpherick Registered User regular
    So Altmann is a bad motherfucker. Today him and I spent the afternoon building 2 venoms, 2 ravagers and priming:

-20x Kabalite Warriors
    -20x Wyches
    -3x Reavers
    -2x Ravagers
    -3x Venoms
    -2x Raiders

We also used Army Painter's primer, so everyone is already base coated as well. Just need to wash and highlight!

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Running a Tyranid army these days without Gargoyles should be illegal. For 8 points, you get a flying Termagant with toxin sacs, adrenal glands and almost old rending (auto wound on 6's to hit). The only downside is they can't claim objectives.

If they ever put some variety back in the Nids with a new codex, they really should do an option to have scything talon armed Gargoyles.

The way the did variety with the 3rd ed nids was... not my favorite thing. But yes, scything gargoyles would be tittyfish.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    FroThulhu wrote:
    The way the did variety with the 3rd ed nids was... not my favorite thing. But yes, scything gargoyles would be tittyfish.

You mean 4th ed, right? Because the 3rd ed list had no variety, just like the current list.

The only issue I had with the old customisation was how easy it was to confuse the fuck out of your opponent and easily cheat by 'accidentally' paying the wrong amount for some biomorphs or bringing biomorphs a unit shouldn't due to every single unit being modified in some way. But I never heard many complaints about that.

For people who don't keep an eye on Fantasy - GW are still expanding on their new pet project, generic heroes in plastic in clampacks. There's now a Herals of Tzeentch on a disk in plastic. I really hope they start this for 40k, there's some generic HQ's that would be better off as plastic than finecast.

No, the original 3rd ed dex introduced biomorphs and the mutation table. It was unfortunate.

Hive node mutations in your gaunt squads to take care of those pesky synapse bubbles.

Man, totally forgot about the awful 3rd edition mutations. Guess it was for the best. The 4th edition mutations were awesome though.

Basically, taking mutations would make your mans lose a 'level', rendering them lame ass hell unless you doubled their cost. I mean, yay Flyrant, but even that became basically a warrior then