As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini-Phalla] Complex Biology: Game Over! Scientists / Hypnotoad / Ani-Mannequin Win!

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I mean, he was pretty quick on the blatant reveal and accusation of Anon.

a lot of times, when people reveal conflicting information (in this case, Anon has not conflicted yet, but it's implied), the first person to reveal is telling the truth. That is definitely not always that case and shouldn't be followed 100%. But the general thinking is that Mafia want to conceal as much as possible. The more the village knows, the better decisions they can make. They usually react, rather than reveal openly.

But a clever mafia might know that a revelation was imminent, and so they take the initiative, making themselves look like the indignant party. So, you're right, we should not trust INANTP out of hand, but until Anon comes and gives his side, it seems at least worth listening to.

Also, it would be a trade gamble. If INANTP was mafia, he would know that we would vote him out tomorrow once Anon was obviously village - he could try to say well oh hm must have been something craaaazyyy after all, but it probably wouldn't save him unless he could be completely confirmed.

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Well either way, just in case Anon doesn't come defend himself I'll placeholder him for now since he really is the best lead we've got.

The Anonymous

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I also harbor suspicion of piL, and shared that with Langly.
    I don't want to leave a bro hanging, so I'll join the wagon I helped create.

VayBJ4e.png
  • piLpiL Registered User regular
    I do tend to be pretty quick to get on the wagon. That's usually because I want a vote in before the night is over so the next day I have something down for the inactivus, and since most of the posts at the time are, "ugh" or "i knew it" or "yay" I tend to just jump on the first line of reasoning I see.

So just to recap on some ideas, here's what I know that we have.
    INANTP deduction of who left knew to block him (The current leader, Anonymous)
    Langly's gut feeling against me (piL)
    My gut feeling against Taya.

tbh piL does strike me as worthy of the vote as well, I just wanted to hear from Anon first. Don't know if I'll get the chance since I'm pretty busy today, will be back in time tonight I figure though!

Steam
  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    I don't think the mafia would make so bold a move as to impersonate a guard and call out another player. At this point, if there really are at least 4 mafia left, I'd say they're "winning," unless the network has a lot of information they're not sharing. Clearly the network has been infiltrated, as evidenced by the repeated killings of every semblance of a network head. The story makes a lot of sense, and Langly, who evidently stever trusted (whether rightly or not) can't point either way.

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Depends on if dead folks are seers or not.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    With less players and less days the mafia could surly be just trying to get a villager today for a mafia tomorrow.
    It would have been helpful if we had a designated network head.

Since The Anonymous is a prime number and pIL is not, lets go with kime's theory (remember kime is #1).

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
    piL wrote:
    I do tend to be pretty quick to get on the wagon. That's usually because I want a vote in before the night is over so the next day I have something down for the inactivus, and since most of the posts at the time are, "ugh" or "i knew it" or "yay" I tend to just jump on the first line of reasoning I see.

So just to recap on some ideas, here's what I know that we have.

Were Lucedes' vote against Wandering Hero and mine against Lucedes purposefully left out or overlooked?

• PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    While pIL has aroused my suspicion

I would like to hear The Anonymous's position

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    voting for The Anonymous for now as I won't be around much later most likely and haven't really talked to anyone about pIL being suspicious or really noticed it. I do think there are other mechanics going on besides guard(s) being nullified

PSN SeGaTai
    edited July 2011
    (@The Anonymous)
    I noticed you haven't logged on since 9 am, but you might want to tell us your side of the story.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    piL also set off some warning bells for me earlier and since there is a wagon forming on him this seems the best choice.

Not today.
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    bare in mind guys that the piL thing is mostly a hunch.

• piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Overlooked TLicious, I didn't go through and track everything; I wasn't trying to count votes, I was just trying to list the discussions, hoping it would spur more analysis.

To renew the post:

Lucedes for Wandering Hero because his prime number

Edit: Didn't see a reason for your vote TLicious, so I didn't include it this time. Trying to summarize reasons not votes.

piL on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Prime number is the best reason.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    Lucedes, would you mind if I asked why you tried to publicly claim to be a Hot Wheelz Driver? It seems like a silly move except as mafia trying to pass off as village-like in the hopes that, like the other revealed masons (and possibly the twins as well), it came in pairs.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote:
    Lucedes, would you mind if I asked why you tried to publicly claim to be a Hot Wheelz Driver? It seems like a silly move except as mafia trying to pass off as village-like in the hopes that, like the other revealed masons (and possibly the twins as well), it came in pairs.

When did that happen? Link please?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    Lucedes wrote:
    all of the mafia seem to have cover roles, and powers, and they keep killing the network head.

:/

i'm all out of mason buddies

ughhhhhh

maybe this? I can not find it.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i am still not very good at this game :/

• PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Did the new guy actually find the third car?
    He should play more often, he'll go far.

edited July 2011
    Lucedes wrote:
    all of the mafia seem to have cover roles, and powers, and they keep killing the network head.

:/

i'm all out of mason buddies

ughhhhhh

maybe this? I can not find it.

Yes, this is what I'm referring to.

Edit to expound: The only people that died last night that could be masons were the twins (of which I am assuming there are 2, though this is complex biology...) and a Hot Wheelz Driver. Another one of these died on a previous night. By claiming his mason buddies were dead, he's implying he is a Hot Wheelz Driver.

MrTLicious on
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Anon is my pick. No defense from him and a reasonable suspicion. Die

Ah good, I figured Lucedes was part of some other masoned group when I first read that.

So... vigs probably shouldn't target him. Anyone else think maybe his mason buddies risked contacting certain people and it ended badly rather then pure chance?

Also like the new aggression phyphor. Seems less rational which is always good.

Would it be reasonable to try to tie the vote (along the same lines of reasoning as having the vigs kill every night)?

Ah good, I figured Lucedes was part of some other masoned group when I first read that.

So... vigs probably shouldn't target him. Anyone else think maybe his mason buddies risked contacting certain people and it ended badly rather then pure chance?

Also like the new aggression phyphor. Seems less rational which is always good.

Do we have reason to assume he's telling the truth?

Tying the vote is a tricky thing, and usually frowned upon. Shenanigans tend to happen when the vote is close.

Steam
    At least usually, if someone more in the know than me wants to do it for a good reason then be my guest! :P

Steam
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Tying the vote isn't comparable to vigilante kills. Vig kills have no mafia influence behind them (theoretically). Whereas the mafia can and will influence the vote - in fact, if they're actively not stopping you from tying the vote, that probably means it's working out for them!

liEt3nH.png
    But if they actively stop it at the last minute, that should reveal them, no? Obviously I'm asking more than suggesting. I have zero experience in this.

That's exactly why it's frowned upon. Everyone voting anytime near the vote close time tend to draw suspicion.

Steam
    I have much experience tying votes personally, it rarely works out except to A. make the person tying it look very suspicious and B. give a sometimes useful vote record.

In my personal opinion it is best when there is a low, close vote with lots of people taking secondary positions as it forces people to choose a side. That is not the case here and makes me think piL is either not mafia or a mafia person is trying to get the vote somewhat tied on him so he appears less suspicious when anon goes down and he doesn't.

I think anon not saying anything is pretty damning at this point.

VayBJ4e.png
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular

THE ANONYMOUS

• Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    Vote Closed!

Narration Incoming.

Might be a tad later than normal; your host has been having at the wine.

filefile.jpg
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Oh ok you're definitely mafia then, good.

OR AM I?

IT'S FUNNY, I DON'T BUY THAT ALEGIS HAD ME GUARDED. I'D SAY INANTP IS ACTUALLY MAFIA.

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Pretty sure if you die green theres a good chance INAPT will be up tomorrow

PSN SeGaTai