As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Pre-PAX Hookah Meetup

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    edg2000 wrote: »
    most private events ive been to at the Cobra's are all-you-can-smoke for a flat rate, but they may charge everyone the $5 (i believe) fee for a "Lifetime" membership, as long as you dont lose your card. Plus for private parties you can have alcohol. also a plus. its a low-key BYOB affair, but its a possibility. They would probably give you all the whole place too, and its pretty spaceous, id say at least 15+ pipes with plenty of seating. They finally fixed up their website too, The Cobra Lounge. I sent them an email and ill give you a heads up when i hear back.

Sounds awesome! Can't wait to hear the good word.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • pillarofdawnpillarofdawn Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    edg2000 wrote: »
    most private events ive been to at the Cobra's are all-you-can-smoke for a flat rate, but they may charge everyone the $5 (i believe) fee for a "Lifetime" membership, as long as you dont lose your card. Plus for private parties you can have alcohol. also a plus. its a low-key BYOB affair, but its a possibility. They would probably give you all the whole place too, and its pretty spaceous, id say at least 15+ pipes with plenty of seating. They finally fixed up their website too, The Cobra Lounge. I sent them an email and ill give you a heads up when i hear back.

I like the idea of an all you can smoke thing. However the problem is that we need to get money in advance for it and idk if there is enough interest to warrant renting the entire place. Also I'd like to keep it alcohol free, seeing how I am the ripe young age of 20 and there aren't many non drinking events out there for the 18+ crowd. Just my 2 cents.

pillarofdawn on
    I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite thread on the forums.
  • GamingGoddessGamingGoddess Profesh Nerd Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I would be most sad if another PAX event turned into a 21+ thing :(

GamingGoddess on
    Time off[x] Fri-Mon Badges[x] Hotel[x] Plane tickets[x] Pre-Pax plans[TBA] Cosplay[in progress]
    "Pictochat? No. Dicktochat!"
  • lemongrenadeslemongrenades Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Sounds like a good way to start spreading the inevitable PAX flu around early. Haha.
    This sounds like fun, but my pre-PAX schedule is getting kinda tight. Sorry if I missed this being discussed, but when exactly would this be?

lemongrenades on
    edited July 2011
    AFAIK there is no set time. This would be a great Pre-Pre-Pax Dinner activity though. Get together, have some afternoon snacks and smoke a whole shitpile of shisha and then go to the Pre-Pax Dinner!

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • edg2000edg2000 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    They card for those who arent 21+, and if we get a rough number i can pass it on. I havent heard back, but I have other sources. The all-you-can-smoke is easy to arrange, if you throw enough cash down they will accomodate even with just a normal group. They are open Tues-Sun 7pm-2am, so it works well with expo hours.

Here's a map of the directions, it's close, roughly a mile between. Map From WSCTC to The Cobra Lounge Seattle
    To reference a general location, its on the outskirts of the Triwizard bar circuit.

edg2000 on
    Enforcer Years: P10 P11 P15 W16 W17
    7 PAX veteran
    edited July 2011
    how do i make a poll so i can get a tally of how many plan on going?

pillarofdawn on
    edited July 2011
    edit the first post, should be able to add it there. then just link back to the first page.

Also, heard back from Cobra today, they said "chillax, they will be in touch soon."

A note, the lounge charges $5 for the lifetime membership fee, it is a legal thing and is NOT negotiable, even if you will only ever go once. So I would guess if we had about 20 people attend, you could charge 20-25 bucks reasonably and it would cover the all-you-can-smoke fee. Even if we dont have the whole place for that price, its large enough to be worth it.

edg2000 on
    7 PAX veteran
    edited July 2011
    I couldn't create a poll but i went ahead and created a facebook event open to everyone! Only click attend if you are pretty sure you are going. Invite your friends :D. EDG2000 and IDS3remix send me a message on there and ill give you admin

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=251568974868533
    "pax prime hookah" is the name of the group

pillarofdawn on
    edited July 2011
    7PM - 2AM?

Eww, that kinda interferes with basically every other major PAX party and the concerts. Oh well.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • IDS3RemixIDS3Remix Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this one guys, message sent. Not sure what updates I can provide, so please where you guys might need help when it comes time.

IDS3Remix on
    i was personally thinking of a thursday event... i know the bar crawl runs then.. but it makes a nice 18-20yo. event and it would be cheaper than getting it on a friday or saturday. and since they are closed monday and i have teardown to attend sunday night, i figured thursday would be best.

7 PAX veteran
    Thursday would be pretty awesommmmeeeee

Time off[x] Fri-Mon Badges[x] Hotel[x] Plane tickets[x] Pre-Pax plans[TBA] Cosplay[in progress]
    also, it would be prudent to mention, this is a NO POT venue. They will kick you out with no refund and take your stash. I have seen it done. If you plan to smoke some green, do it off-site please :).

Also, for facebook folk check out the FB event page! and invite your PAX brethren!

7 PAX veteran
  • jenellejenelle Registered User regular
    I would kind of like to get in on this as it's been years since I've had hookah. One of my buddies might be interested too as he can't drink. I could bring delicious things to eat! Only thing is I couldn't make it if it's the same night as the TWDT. Only one vice per night for me.

cJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.png
    edg2000 wrote:
    i have teardown to attend sunday night, i figured thursday would be best.
    Don't forget the exhibitor dinner! I miss not having a shiny exhibitor badge anymore :(

Who are you working for?

wWuzwvJ.png
    the big [e]nforcer herself PRD. i would love to be an exhibitor eventually.

7 PAX veteran
    I will be there and my group has no choice but to come with! >:D

I will be there and my group has no choice but to come with! >:D

awesome! if you would, toss it on the facebook thingy :)

7 PAX veteran
    bump for awesomeness!

even if your not a smoker come hang with us!

7 PAX veteran
    edg2000 wrote:

even if your not a smoker come hang with us!

I've been trying to tell my friend to go! He lives in WA and is going to PAX, but the smoking thing makes him uncomfortable to go I think.

• JadensmithJadensmith Lurker Surrey, BCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Hello gentlemen and ladies, I never post much but I lurk in the shadows. The reason I am posting to today is for the past four years at PAX after they kick us out of the convention hall, myself and a few friends grab our pipes and tobacco and sit on the steps on the street corner smoking for a few hours. If you would be interested in joining us we show up after the PC freeplay shuts down, as it is usually the last thing that runs at PAX, we would be happy to relax and chat about the day with you all.

Jadensmith on
    Jadensmith wrote:
    we would be happy to relax and chat about the day with you all.
    Come relax and chat with us the night before pax too!

7 PAX veteran
    Jadensmith wrote:
    Hello gentlemen and ladies, I never post much but I lurk in the shadows. The reason I am posting to today is for the past four years at PAX after they kick us out of the convention hall, myself and a few friends grab our pipes and tobacco and sit on the steps on the street corner smoking for a few hours. If you would be interested in joining us we show up after the PC freeplay shuts down, as it is usually the last thing that runs at PAX, we would be happy to relax and chat about the day with you all.
    That sounds fun as well, I usually go to the PC freeplay, maybe we could hit up a few games there and chill or whatever afterwards. But you should for sure come to the hookah meetup! its gonna be radical

• JadensmithJadensmith Lurker Surrey, BCRegistered User regular
    Not all of our group going smokes so I was going to be nice to them but the guy who doesn't smoke bailed on us for this year so I am in. I will be bringing a few guys with me as well and probably some games too. It should be a good time.

Jadensmith wrote:
    Not all of our group going smokes so I was going to be nice to them but the guy who doesn't smoke bailed on us for this year so I am in. I will be bringing a few guys with me as well and probably some games too. It should be a good time.
    Sweet you and your friends should joiningg the facebook group so we can get a good measure of how many people are going

if you could shoot me a list of games that you may be bringing, ill add it to the list! glad to have you along with us!

7 PAX veteran
    I'll bring a deck of magic or 3, I don't have many tabletop games that aren't very small and portable besides that.

ive got some magic cards. i dont remember how to play for shit though.

7 PAX veteran
    I have never played Magic xD never really had an interest I guess, maybe I'll watch :P

i just watched once, then was handed a deck and learned as i went. we both can learn!

7 PAX veteran
    I had a streak for about a year where that was all I bought with my money. I realized I had a problem and that it was kinda a racket so I stopped buying them lol.

Haha I'll give it a shot :P but I'm pretty slow with that kind of stuff!

bump from 3 down!

Seriously people, come check this out. If your under 21, and have NOTHING to do thursday night, come game it up with us. Good music, good environment, good hot dogs (PoDogs is seriously right around the corner) and awesome people! $5 bucks will get you in the door, and you can chill with awesome folk!

7 PAX veteran
  • Om Nom on SoulsOm Nom on Souls Registered User regular
    This sounds like a sick way to start off the weekend, if I get into the city early enough, I'm definitely there.

Showdeeyah? Showdeeyah? Say it, Frenchie, saaay chowdah!
    Do you think you can collaborate with Kropotkin who makes the forum badges into seeing if we can pick some up during the hookah? They say you can get them through "pre pax events" or if you answer a question...but the only one I ever got it from was the pre pax dinner, which is 21+ this year.

Idk what those badges even are, but it sounds like a cool idea. I mean we seem like a legit pre-pax event :P

OMNOM on souls you should invite all of your friend going to pax to it as well :D

There's a thread about them, you should check it out! They're really cool

ill shoot him a message!

7 PAX veteran
    Figured i'd post to bump us on the forums. So while i'm at it i'll throw up a price layout for people.
    Q: How much does it cost to smoke hookah?
    Flavored Bowl | $14
    Premium Bowl | $17
    Refill | half price
    Lifetime Membership $5

Q: What is a premium bowl?
    Our premium bowls are filled with shisha and infused with herbal additives. These additives include (Wormwood, Damiana, Kava Kava and Hops Flower).

Q: What flavors do you have?

We carry a rotating mix of flavors with a new set of 5 each night.

So I figure since we won't all have a hookah to ourselves, people can pitch in with each other to cut the price down a bit. And this would allow for us to smoke even longer :D