As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Provisional [chat] (READ THE OP)

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    He also made me feel terrible at Red Faction II.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote:
    derivatives are neat

That's so two-thousand and late

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Echo wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Wait they got a degree in irregular warfare? Is there much of a market for that? I mean do revolutions hire for that?

Gonna spend my bitcoins on conflict investment.

Smart move, it's the only market with job growth.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    South host wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    South host wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Quid wrote:
    I have a family member with a degree in abnormal warfare.

They love Risk. Jerk.

Wait they got a degree in irregular warfare? Is there much of a market for that? I mean do revolutions hire for that?

Probably writes papers for think tanks and defense policy groups and the like.

I assumed that. Just not quite as funny.

....oh.

I had this lovely vision of the Monty Python boys in lab coats trying to determine the lethality of rubber chickens and smacking people in the face with salmon.

Ignorance really is bliss.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Bastion is pretty fun so far, just thought you cats should know.

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    tumblr_louyxuX5UX1qah2gqo1_500.jpg

At least there's a generous suggestion and time allotted to learn Braille.

• Options
    tumblr_louyxuX5UX1qah2gqo1_500.jpg

My god! I am so glad I voted to get rid of the HST tax when I did. It's absolutley horrid!

/britishcolumbiajoke

• Options
    ... Wait, HST are my initials.

• Options
    Mr. Thompson continues to be one of my most favorite people ever.

• Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    Sagat McKeen, the mystery is solved. Ryu has surprisingly strong English skills.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    A hee hee, I punched those nazis and their buried robo-nazi in the mouth. I'm capn amurica. Run from the explosions, cap!

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Alright, well, i tried the "Critical Failures" IRC chat area and it seems to be as crowded as a place that's not crowded at all, so I'll try here.

I'm thinking of running one of those "Role-playing games" and I'm guessing here is as good place as any to find willing victims participants. It is, however, going to be my first time ever running a game over the internet and I don't know the first thing about running a game over the internet (logistically speaking).

I'm thinking of running a game of a new independant system called "Magical Burst" which is supposed to emulate the kind of action in an anime called Puella magica modoka or something like that. I am, however, adapting it into a system which is supposed to emulate Persona. So I'm going to run some kind of Persona 3-type game. The system itself is rather light on rules and uses only d6s.

I'm unsure if I should go with PbP or with IRC sessions, but I am leaning heavilly towards IRC sessions. Nevertheless, what are the pros/cons of PbP and IRC? How do I set up an IRC chat and how do I set up a dice-rolling robot?

Thanks in advance sirs and madams.

~21stCentury

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Psych, because you're (engaging in )psych(ological warfare and freak)ing them out.

That's what I would think.

Like a psych-out.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    PbP can take a lot longer to run, and you lose the standard table-top "real-time" feel of most games.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Re:Captain America

one word.

Perfect

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

one word.

Perfect

You don't even learn the names of any of Captain America's team. That's a huge problem IMO.

• Options
    The movie is called "Captain America" not "Captain America & Friends"

• Options
    2% milk: disgusting

skim all day way

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

one word.

Perfect

You don't even learn the names of any of Captain America's team. That's a huge problem IMO.

I love the Howling Commandos but meh I went to see a Captain America movie and I know who the Commandos are.

• Options
    The movie is called "Captain America" not "Captain America & Friends"

So why did we need to see these useless guys who are not even part of anything?

If you introduce characters, the least you can do is tell their names to the audience, damnit. Otherwise, you might as well just use cardboard cutouts.

• Options
    edited July 2011
    I wish I understood enough about economics to get more of the "debt ceiling" thread.

Basically all I can understand from it is "Republicans are fucking america in the ass."

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote:

skim all day way

Pfft. That has no...thickness to it! It's just flavored water!

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    Inquisitor wrote:
    I wish I understood enough about economics to get more of the "deb ceiling" thread.

Basically all I can understand from it is "Republicans are fucking america in the ass."

I've taken four years of econ and that about sums it all up

• Options
    Alright, well, i tried the "Critical Failures" IRC chat area and it seems to be as crowded as a place that's not crowded at all, so I'll try here.

I'm thinking of running one of those "Role-playing games" and I'm guessing here is as good place as any to find willing victims participants. It is, however, going to be my first time ever running a game over the internet and I don't know the first thing about running a game over the internet (logistically speaking).

I'm thinking of running a game of a new independant system called "Magical Burst" which is supposed to emulate the kind of action in an anime called Puella magica modoka or something like that. I am, however, adapting it into a system which is supposed to emulate Persona. So I'm going to run some kind of Persona 3-type game. The system itself is rather light on rules and uses only d6s.

I'm unsure if I should go with PbP or with IRC sessions, but I am leaning heavilly towards IRC sessions. Nevertheless, what are the pros/cons of PbP and IRC? How do I set up an IRC chat and how do I set up a dice-rolling robot?

~21stCentury

I am interested in trying new systems!

Unfortunately the nature of my job currently means I could possibly have to drop out tomorrow for all I know.

• Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    darn.. i took a nap without meaning to again :(

• Options
    Quid is a gladiator you see

• Options
    So, can anyone at least tell me how you set up an IRC channel? I have no idea how people run IRC PnP RPG games and I'd like to know so I can do it myself.

• Options
    Eddy wrote:

skim all day way

Oh look an Asian person wrong about dairy.

• Options
    Also, when looking for silly images, Asian milk is not a phrase you should attempt to use.

• Options
    Eddy wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    I wish I understood enough about economics to get more of the "deb ceiling" thread.

I've taken four years of econ and that about sums it all up

The gist of it is: We need to raise the debt ceiling, because we've reached it (something we've done many times in the past with no big deal made over it) but Republicans are refusing to unless the Democrats come up with the exact budget, to the letter, that the Republicans want? More or less? So playing chicken with the entire country?

• Options
    Eddy wrote:
    Quid is a gladiator you see

What kind of Gladiator? Is he a retiarius?

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    I wish I understood enough about economics to get more of the "debt ceiling" thread.

That is the jist. Really the thread hasn't seemed to complicated on the economic end, unlike the actual economy thread here.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    I think I'm mildly lactose intolerant or something

either that or I eat way too much cereal/milk at a time

both a little bit of both

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:

That is the jist. Really the thread hasn't seemed to complicated on the economic end, unlike the actual economy thread here.

Well I've been trying to read articles online as well, which is where I've been hitting more of the raw economic stuff.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Probably lactose intolerant. Get some of the over the counter stuff to see if that helps. In general though Asians have a higher chance of being lactose intolerant than Europeans.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Anyone else think Casual Eddy looks kind of like a young Truman Capote?
    tumblr_lm2lkz8qpT1qza3vro1_500.jpg
    Or am I off-base?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Quid wrote:
    Also, when looking for silly images, Asian milk is not a phrase you should attempt to use.

I only drink the finest breast milk
    from a cambodian immigrant

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

~21stCentury

For IRC, I would just use the #criticalfailures channel and Critical, the dicebot that lives within it.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Anyone else think Casual Eddy looks kind of like a young Truman Capote?
    tumblr_lm2lkz8qpT1qza3vro1_500.jpg
    Or am I off-base?

I think that's a fair comparison.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
This discussion has been closed.