As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini-Phalla] Complex Biology: Game Over! Scientists / Hypnotoad / Ani-Mannequin Win!

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i figure this is a one-trick pony.

cythraul, possibly.

unless nobody bothered to vig me.

i was hoping someone would.

• Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    Day 4: And Ye Shall Feast on His Waxy Meats

Having torn one scientist limb from limb, the crowd of subjects was filled with a new confidence. Those with legs had a new swagger in their step. However, their confidence was shattered when they were confronted with yet another horrifying sight: a man whose skin had been removed! He sprinted into the room, every bloody muscle visble under a layer of pale plastic, screaming at the top of his lungs, “KILL ME! OH SHITTING CHRIST IN HOLY HEAVEN, KILL ME! PLEASE!”

The village quickly obliged.

On the second story, Doctor Cythraul had snuck into the room where the twins had died. He needed to take samples of their grey matter for future study. Unfortunately, he was having trouble manipulating the biopsy needle; transferring his consciousness into an animate pile of hair hadn’t done a great deal for his manual dexterity. He dropped the imposing medical instrument and it shattered on the floor. The sound attracted attention. The doctor’s killer had never been in a fight with hair before, but by God, if it was alive he could beat it to death.

The rest of the day passed uneventfully, but the night brought further terrors. First, a boy’s corpse was discovered in the cellblock; his hands had been surgically grafted to a vintage, arcade edition of Tetris and it seemed likey that he hadn’t been able to leave his cell. His back was covered in giant bruises and he’d taken the time to spell HELP in multi-colored bricks on the screen. None had come.

Second, a strange hissing noise was heard coming from yet another laboratory (the facility had dozens). When the subjects worked up the courage to investigate, they found a gigantic crustacean, at least as big as a minivan. The creature looked as if it had been made from melted wax. It had been strapped to an even larger table and clamps had been used to crack its claws and tail. Its peculiar internal anatomy had been roughly sketched on a conveniently located blackboard. A fluid spilled from the creature’s tiny black eyes. Melted wax? Or tears?

Finally, the village found another strange piece of graffiti:

Sadly my last message went out to stever,
    But he has now gone the way of the reaver.
    If I were to bet my cash on this game,
    These are the people that I would name:
    piL, Wandering, Lucedes and Anon,
    Though I haven't much evidence which I can go on,

I must ask you all bluntly, for I soon may be gone
    Which side you would guess that I am on.
    For I can convey to you that I'm the painter.
    If you wouldn't crush me by flexion plantar.
    My biggest value is one more guaranteed,
    But I fear being crushed by a village stampede.

----

The Dead
    Cythraul (Scientist / The Hairbeast) - Pummeled
    SeGaTai (The Block Addict) - Trampled
    I needed a name to post. (The Crayola Fish) - Analyzed

The Victorious Dead
    The Anonymous (The Slick Screamer) - Mob Justice

----

Day 5 will end Monday at 11 pm EST.
    PMs are going out now.

filefile.jpg
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    oooooooooooooOOOOOOooooooo

Hope you like my parting gift!

oooooooooooooOOOOOOooooooo

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Oh good, a village idiot.

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    explains the screaming babble on day one.

VayBJ4e.png
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    ooOooOoOoOOoOOOOooOoOooO

Natural-Hair-Stylists.jpg

ooOooOoOoOOoOOOOooOoOooO

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
    teehee.

it worked!

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    So people on watch
    INANTP - the village idiot's gift?
    PiL, Wandering, Lucedes (busdriver?)and Anon(Dead), - Blue paint warning

anyone else?

VayBJ4e.png
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    I think the curiouser thing is the blue paint being rather wrong. I mean anon was a village idiot and Lucedes is probably a village aligned bus driver? I do not think I would trust it much then. If it is a painter and seer why would it not just tell us one name to confirm itself first?

Also I need a name to post until he gives a good explanation of what the hell happened.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Why are you voting for the dead?
    Let him rest in his final bed.

lucedes is acting quite bizarre
    I question that he's the final car

LESS THAN EPIC CONFIRM!

i did my best to get vigged, and i did call my kill.
    i am actually really glad cythraul was mafia.

i am the last of the Hot Wheelz Drivers, and we have a group bus driver power!
    since they're all dead, i am now a totally friendless bus driver!

we revealed to both previous network heads, and as a reward we were all killed.
    all but me, anyway.

please tell me your kill targets each night, so that i don't die. thank you.

• Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    I am on watch? Whatever for?

Let me give you a hand here and say... piL

Not today.
    i still think Wandering Hero is mafia, also.

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    OOOOOooooooOOOOO

Lame

OoooooooooOooooooo

PSN SeGaTai
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    OooooOOOoooOOO

What happened is I'm dead assholes

OooooOOOOOOOooo

liEt3nH.png
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Why did the mafia kill INANTP? Seems like they missed an opportunity for a good bandwagon today...

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • piLpiL Registered User regular
    I had thought of Cythraul, but I didn't want to point too many fingers at too many people. I'm not really sure what to make of the graffiti to be honest. On one hand, I know that I haven't really had any contact with any of the others listed there (including the deceased) so I don't know on what basis the graffiti is suggesting, or whether the graffiti is suggesting anything at all.

But I've still got my eyes on Taya, and my hunch is the only lead I have right now.

The graffiti seems to be a player who can post anonymously to the village (via narration) or to a single player. In his latest message, he gives his suspects, but says they are just his thoughts (this is not a seering), and asks if we trust him. If we publicly say that we trust him, he says he will out himself, and suggests that this would be more beneficial to the village than just anonymously messaging us.

Steam profile
  • piLpiL Registered User regular
    Oh I see. The line before the list made me think he was suggesting that Wandering Hero, Lucedes, Anon and I were going to win. Which I was OK with. Then it turns out Anon was killed and won, so I was even more excited. But then I thought he was saying we were all on one team, which confused me because there's not usually more than one idiot.

Now that I get the meaning, I hope Mr. Bluewords understands that I can't say I do trust him since he put me in his crosshairs, but I certainly could understand the impulse to do so.

• 101101 Registered User regular
    Hmmm, interesting narration.

Blue text guy has my attention, but I don't know if we can trust him.

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Unless there's a mafia bus driver (which seems incredibly overpowered, IMHO), The pummeler can verify Lucedes story.

Lucedes, do you know who your partners revealed themselves to? Of course it could just be chance that they died. Also, has your past bus driving revealed any information? Mostly I'm interested if whether you new Cythraul was mafia, and what evidence you have for Wandering.

As for the painter, I agree with kime's analysis. Taking it one step further, I doubt he has any other powers, or at least useful ones. If I were the painter and had a role more useful than just being a villager, I would have outed it (though maybe that's just bad play). By my count, there are 13 players left and "at least" 3 mafia, meaning it's go time for the villagers. The question, though, is whether that kind of role is usually villager, neutral, or mafia, which I can't say anything to, as I've never seen such a role.

piL wrote:
    The line before the list made me think he was suggesting that Wandering Hero, Lucedes, Anon and I were going to win. Which I was OK with.

The sentiments of someone with win conditions that allow them to win without the village winning. Win win winners winning win won. Unless Lucedes has a better lead, I'm going with !piL

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I had a role where I could send a message every night.

That was the game where I was the serial killer.

Langly wrote:
    I had a role where I could send a message every night.

That was the game where I was the serial killer.

Yes, but that's not really relevant here, because this is a role with no other powers. If the painter were a SK, then they must be doing it by pummeling or trampling, neither of which have anything to do with paint. The host has been great about keeping roles in line with their deformations, so I'm assuming these are separate characters.

I didn't have any other powers till my partner died

Currently, I agree with the !piL vote, but it's early yet.

Actually, looking back, something that makes me question that vote is that cyth voted straight away for Anonymous, but then said that he though piL looked suspicious too. That might just have been him trying to fit in, but it seems odd.

If anything it would make me more suspicious of piL. T_A was almost certainly gonna win the vote (evidence vs. hunch), so why not throw some suspicion on a mafia member to use later?

It could very well be nothing, but piL wasn't really in danger yesterday.

*roll roll roll*

Steam profile
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    This is the same thing as the Loxley phalla. Everyone voted for romanqwerty even though the confirmed mafia had mentioned him as suspicious the day before. Again, I'm not saying piL is innocent but we should look for better targets instead of "mafia sometimes mention one of their own".

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    There is a lot of speculation going on without any kind of hard evidence.

There are few enough people that I'm ready to tell everybody that I am a survival neutral with a roleblock I have used approximately one time on day two (targeted 101, do what you will with that information).

Don't contact me, don't kill me. I'm coasting to an easy win no matter what the rest of you do.

kime so I have a vote

PS - if this was a mafia gambit I would be an idiot for drawing attention to myself since I've been involved in no discussions thus far. Plus, mafia is close to winning, killing me doesn't help you either.

I knew you couldn't be trusted ;)

Are you saying you are refusing to use your roleblock if contacted?

I'm not working for either side. Mafia or village threats will result in a WMD format where I roleblock you and report your identity to the thread.

Leave me alone, I want to win.

REG Rysk wrote:
    I'm not working for either side. Mafia or village threats will result in a WMD format where I roleblock you and report your identity to the thread.

Now you just threatened everyone, that's the way to do it! :P

Steam profile
    Yeah uh

yeah

hm

1. Kime
    3. Taya
    4. Peccavi
    7. Langly
    13. 101
    15. REG Rysk (neutral?)
    17. MrTLicious
    18. Lucedes (village bus driver)
    19. Wandering Hero
    20. Phyphor
    24. Void Slayer
    26. piL
    28. Virgil_Leads_You

13 players, 3+ mafia left, 10- villagers left.
    possibly 4 mafia, 9 villagers. 8 if Rysk is neutral.

we've just got to hit mafia every night
    sounds easy enough

I can't think about phalla today, really busy thinking about other stuff. Placeholder on Wandering Hero because I skimmed and saw a vote for him last page, but there's no real reasoning behind it.

Steam profile
    kime wrote:
    REG Rysk wrote:

Now you just threatened everyone, that's the way to do it! :P

But I left out the 'Muahahahaha'

I am learning kime-sama, give me time...

At this point, if we can't trust Lucedes, I think we're screwed anyway. Given that, my vote is for !Wandering though I'm also suspicious of Peccavi for voting for him, and potentially being the painter. Also, anyone notice the double priming on 101? Very suspicious.

• Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    I'd like to see some reasoning before you all vote me off, because I am a villager and I don't want to die D:

Not today.