As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini-Phalla] Complex Biology: Game Over! Scientists / Hypnotoad / Ani-Mannequin Win!

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    in fact you should say that, because if you were indeed voted out, your kill won't go through, and if you come up confirmed village, it's a good lead

I mean, I'm pretty sure you were voted out, but the count is so confusing I haven't even tried recounting everything

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I thought everything was simultaneous?

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    Who started the shenanigans anyways? Peccavi? I got four votes in the last ten minutes.

Not today.
    the vote is first, then everything happens

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I thought everything was simultaneous?

Vote is first, I believe.

WH, you are allowed to say whatever you want up until the host pronounces you dead. The time between "vote closed" and "narration posted" is often very critical, information-wise.

Also, I just skimmed the last few pages before the close, but the votes probably came quickly after piL's reveal, I'd guess?

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    Ok, well I targeted piL, 3clipse, stormwind, lucedes in that order.

Not today.
    edited July 2011
    Some did not go through. Some were either guarded or busdrivered. I don't know which.

Also I have the most hilarious role name ever.

Wandering Hero on
    Not today.
  • piLpiL Registered User regular
    I had the ability to survive one kill attempt. I didn't want to advertise that fact. It's gone now though since turn 1, clearly.

What? D: I didn't get any extra power?!?

Not today.
    piL wrote:
    I had the ability to survive one kill attempt. I didn't want to advertise that fact. It's gone now though since turn 1, clearly.

What happened the first night?

Steam profile
    wh targeted him

AHEM THAT IS ENTIRELY OBVIOUS AND I KNOW HOW TO READ

I WAS TESTING YOU

I AM NOW... PECCAVI

Steam profile
  • Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Day 5: The Will to Knowledge

The subjects were losing hope. They were sitting around a burning pile of scientific papers, trying to keep warm through the night. There was little solace in burning their hated captors' documents. After all, they would just scribble more notes on the wall beside their next victim.

Suddenly, a peculiar looking man ran up to them and began shouting. He had four arms. Or was it six? It seemed his legs had been replaced with another pair of arms. He was jumping from leg-arm to leg-arm while gesticulating wildly and screeching, “Get up you yellow-bellied bastards! We aren’t beat yet! Together, we can still do this!”

But the subjects were tired of being shouted at by any damn fool who thought himself charismatic. They did get up, but only long enough to shut up the six-armed pugilist. They were so stricken with apathy and despair that they didn’t even bother to dispose of the corpse. They simply left the bloody body beside their fire and settled in for another night of nightmares.

Midway through the night, the subjects were awoken by a loud scraping noise. They looked over the dying embers of their fire and saw some sort of cyborg. The half-machine creature moved on treads and was busy trying to stuff the six-armed corpse into a gaping trash compactor in its chest. Its arms sprayed a potent alcohol solution onto the floor, washing away the bloodstains. Deciding that any machine built by the scientists was their enemy, the village set upon the cleaning cyborg with improvised weapons and smashed it to pieces.

The next morning, the remaining subjects had only to round a corner to find another gruesome sight. The corpse of Subject MrTLicious was laying face down in a mixed puddle of red blood and blue paint. A set of blue hoof prints led away from the corpse, but petered out before the killer could be tracked.

A scant handful of subjects remained now. Most were beginning to share ominous glances behind Subject Lucedes’s back (which wasn’t hard, given the Hot Wheelz driver’s short stature). What did they care about finding the scientists? Clearly their captors knew the facility and the subjects’ weaknesses too well for revenge to be a realistic goal. Better to escape and get on with whatever lives they could cobble together on the outside. But there was enough lingering group loyalty for them to keep their mouths shut.

Or there was, until they found the body of Subject Phyphor. The man’s jaw had been replaced with an advanced garbage disposal. They were all familiar with the hilariously obscene tricks he could do with that mouth and a hot dog. But now he was tied to a chair and his left arm had been forced into the spinning blades of his own metallic throat. Small black lines had been traced at even points along his arm; it seemed the scientists had been measuring how much of his own arm Phyphor could be made to consume before he died. This gruesome sight broke the wavering loyalties of the surviving subjects. A quick shouting match followed the discovery, but Lucedes didn’t stand a chance. While Lucedes strapped himself into his toy car and revved the plastic engine, the others began scrambling to find an exit from the facility.

In the distance, they could hear the spinning of centrifuges, the clicking of test tubes, the hissing of bunsen burners, and, above it all, the mocking laughter of the scientists.

It was towards this laughter that Lucedes raced, alone and anxious. He was determined to die like his brothers, in the defiance of science.

----

The Dead
    Wandering Hero (The Fister) - Mob Justice
    pil (The Sanitizer) - Mob Justice
    MrTLicious (The Painter) - Trampled
    Phyphor (The Organ Grinder) - Analyzed

----

SCIENTIST VICTORY

HYPNOTOAD VICTORY

ANI-MANNEQUIN VICTORY

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Science!

For science

641px-mad_scientist_transparent_backgroundsvg.png

Steam profile
    god, I am still shaking over the last ten minutes

please note my entire page of day five orders

• PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Woohoo! Victory!

Although I feel bad about not seeing Jason Todd's PM to me until after my first post today.

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    dang
    oh well,
    good job Void and Tmoiy

VayBJ4e.png
    edited July 2011
    Oy, Jason, thanks for running! This was a fantastically fun game, very creative, very wild. I'm impressed!

Virgil, you didn't win?

Void, whom did you contact thinking they were mafia?

kime on
    Steam profile
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    mafia busdrivers :(((((

edit: holy cripes, and a roleblock, and a seer, and a guard

I UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
    Wow I didn't expect it to end tonight

Not today.
    I'll post the role PMs shortly.

I learned a lot about giving every player a power from this game, something which I had never done before. Mostly, I learned that giving the mafia a busdriver will destroy any hope of a public network.

I think that I overcompensated for the sheer number of powers (and particularly kills) that were going to be flying around by giving the mafia the powers they had. Potentially, there could have been 9 kills in one night (two vigilantes, two mafia kills, two serial killers, the vote, and two players with random powers that had a 10% of inflicting a kill). I was assuming the mafia would quickly lose members out of sheer chance, but this did not occur.

filefile.jpg
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    May my giant testicles live on after me!

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    What WOULD my kill have looked like Goddamnit?

I was supposed to kill off Tmioy and Void.

VayBJ4e.png
    edited July 2011
    We had vote manip to tie it.

Also, Jason..... what the heck was with the Hypnotoad? I'll need some convincing to think that wasn't hideously overpowered. Fun, certainly, but whhaaaaat?

Virgil: Oh you silly liar :P. So, a group of masons who have to kill each other? *psst, I don't think that's what a "mason" is :lol:*

kime on
    Steam profile
    The mafia had a busdriver? Ahahahahahahahahaha

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i survived!

i accidentally threw my mason buddy under the bus, and survived!

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    We were definitely too powerful.

Baidol wrote:

Goodness you were hilarious, Baidol.

Steam profile
    Also not to seem like I was really angry because I had a lot of fun either way.

Game ended because the mafia now had more votes (including their vote manipulation power) than the rest of the players combined, as well as two kills. Further, Lucedes was the sole remaining village-aligned player. Presumably, the mafia could have voted Lucedes out and killed two neutral players of their choice.

Of course, ending tonight deprives Virgil and Void Slayer of the chance to jockey for getting the mafia to kill their rivals and ensure their own victory. Sorry guys (if you hadn't figured it out yet, each of the Dissected received the same "you are a secret traitor" PM).

filefile.jpg
    kime wrote:
    Baidol wrote:

Goodness you were hilarious, Baidol.

I had so much fun with my role, short-lived as it was.

• NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    Wow, good game everyone.

Who killed me? I hope it was at least a good guy, I'm heartily sick of getting killed by bad guys in the first couple of days.

BTW, I was a seer (role name & alignment, but not power) and didn't even have a chance to have more than one vision. :(

kime is always evil. Even when he makes it oh so obvious that nobody truly believes him. I had been considering checking him out day 1, but settled on Phyphor instead, for no real good reason.

Jesus, I had a divining rod for badguys that game. Too bad I was neutral.

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    <- Busdriver

Good times guys! :D

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    AHAHAHA

i busdrove a kill into a busdriver

Nerissa wrote:
    Wow, good game everyone.

Who killed me? I hope it was at least a good guy, I'm heartily sick of getting killed by bad guys in the first couple of days.

BTW, I was a seer (role name & alignment, but not power) and didn't even have a chance to have more than one vision. :(

kime is always evil. Even when he makes it oh so obvious that nobody truly believes him. I had been considering checking him out day 1, but settled on Phyphor instead, for no real good reason.

Day one, you would have hit 101 anyways :P. Busdriver ftw!

piL, you were scary accurate.

Steam profile