As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It came from Anonymous Confessions!

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    Macera wrote:
    Dichotomy wrote:
    confession: in the early days of the internet, on the first forum which I regularly read and posted on, I actually wrote forumer fanfiction, which was immensely popular

I was like a god to those people

were you doing it to make fun of them or was there sincerity in your actions

a little of column A, but mostly column B
    in fact, my forum persona was a prominent mary sue in these stories.

I have not always been the paragon of wit and good sense that I am today

0BnD8l3.gif
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote:
    Man, now that it's been brought up (by me) I remember when I was little thinking I had the worst name and wanted to change it.

I wanted to be named Chris or something else "cool"

Turns out Bryar is like the best name.

lfYVHTd.png
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Rane you are one of my favorite dudes on the forums

CYpGAPn.png
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    yessssssss sweet validation

okay I'm good for another year

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Rane is kind of one of the best dudes.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    my parents used to joke that they considered naming my older brother Basil, which means that as the second male child they would have named me Manuel

sometimes I think "you know, I would not be totally averse to seeing how my life would play out under those conditions"

0BnD8l3.gif
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    My name is okay, for a common name. I have an awesome middle name to make up for it, though.

The only time it was really a problem was before high school when I had classes with at least two other Nicks. When we started getting into honors and AP classes, though, well, I guess they weren't as smart as me.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote:
    Blake T wrote:
    I don't have a crush on nick but he is one if the nicest people here.

xGV90.png

Oh thank goodness there's another Nick around, I was really confused there for a second.

I am also Nick, and I used to have a signed print of that Achewood strip.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote:
    Man, now that it's been brought up (by me) I remember when I was little thinking I had the worst name and wanted to change it.

I wanted to be named Chris or something else "cool"

Turns out Bryar is like the best name.
    I think I wanted to be call Michael.

How fucking boring.

(I have hurt the feelings of someone called Michael now)

• OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    rane i don't got a crush on you but i do want to buy you a beer
    Swordfights and Projekt are, in my mind, perpetually 14 years old.
    i was suicidal a couple weeks ago, which was scary but also oddly comforting; it's a choice over which i have complete control, and i don't feel like i have a lot of that in my life right now. what got me through: not ruining my mom's belated birthday. XD

I find that times when I feel helpless and unable to control my own life are when I start eyeing the knife block. Makes sense, in a way. But things do get better, I promise.
    I don't really know what to say here that won't give away who I am
    still trans, alone, depressed.
    I'm never going to be happy again

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Confession: I am having trouble falling asleep

• FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    Confession: I once blew a hobo

Am I doing this right?

I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
    I like several dudes on the forums and always feel happy when they say they like my posts

I have seen like 2 forum ladies' pictures and haven't talked to anyone enough to develop a crush!

and I was almost named Zachariah, luckily my mom was able to parlay it into Zackary

these were, Blank confessions.

CYpGAPn.png
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    For the longest time I hated being named Andrew. It didn't help that a) people always wanted to abbreviate it to "Andy" or "Drew", both of which I abhorred, and b) there were four other Andrews in my grade at (my not particularly large) school. Oh and the way that if I go someplace like an amusement park I'll hear it shouted and turn around all confused and find out it's some other Andrew.

But I never came up with a cool alternative and just kinda ended up using it a lot online and then ultimately kinda came to like it.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    Rane when are you going to come back to Phalla.

Your ability to make literally all the posts on a proboard is something to behold.

doomrider_sigPA.png
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    God damn you people filled that last thread so fast every time I started to type a reply it was already 10 pages behind

I get to work and its already full, madness

I have to confess though seeing that so many people, even ones that I respect from here have/had the same problems that privately make me disquieted help make me feel not so bothered by them.

Also everyone is so nice here that it blows my mind on a regular basis. <3

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I think I have had one awesome series of posts on the forums.

It is the apex of my posting career, it is all downhill from here.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    Naphtali wrote:
    I have to confess though seeing that so many people, even ones that I respect from here have/had the same problems that privately make me disquieted help make me feel not so bothered by them.

Mission_Accomplished.jpg

• JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    I think I talked to Rane on the phone once?

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
    Naph you were an awesome person to group with in WoW and I always thought you were rad!

CYpGAPn.png
  • GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Confession: I used to be more bothered by the fact that no one had an obvious crush on me, or ever tried to initiate anything and it used to be a huge blow to my self-confidence.

But whatever I have a great lady now so none of that really bothers me any more, it does leave me wondering if anyone's had a secret crush on me though.

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    This thread needs some happy confessions

Confession: I have always known I wanted to be an artist and going to art school is awesome I love every second of it

I can't wait for summer to be over and classes to start again

Vann Diras on
    I semi-regret my experience at the first PAX East just 'cause I'd never really been to a con and didn't know how to plan my time out, and I wasn't an active forumer (only registered to talk about stuff leading up to PAX and barely even did that and then never followed up on it), and I was shy since I didn't know anyone and it was my first time traveling alone and didn't talk to a lot of people. By Sunday I was getting better about that last bit and wished I could start over.

Still had a great time but I hope that if I manage to go to another one (maybe next year??? or even Prime?????) I learn fro my mistakes.

Other confession: I never learn from my mistakes.

Real strong, facetious.

I am in a friendly mood tonight

I am gonna compliment all the people I like!

CYpGAPn.png
    Vann Diras wrote:
    This thread needs some happy confessions

Confession: I have always know I wanted to be an artist and going to art school is awesome I love every second of it

I can't wait for summer to be over and classes to start again

positive confession: I am pretty sure that I can make a living as a writer, even after the continual beat-down that is a writing degree and graduate school.

I just keep writing!

It is hard to stop.

• Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    Confession I am getting semi but not really promoted at work and I am worried that I am gonna be bad at my new job.

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    @Naphtali dude, you are cool. End of story.

And that goes for all the Shamblers I played with before I quit WoW! Cool people! The lot of you!

• RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    KingMole wrote:

Your ability to make literally all the posts on a proboard is something to behold.

:V

when I get time and beat down some of my projects, can't even keep up with my creative-juice-creating gloss game, and that's a 1 post a day or less kind of thing

brainspace

Vann Diras you are a cool dude who has pretty good taste in things most times

Jordyn you are astoundingly hilarious and responsible for much of my taste in comics single handidly

CYpGAPn.png
  • FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    Confession: I'm eating cheese cake for breakfast.

I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    I confess I wish I had a personality that came through text better. As it is I'm just kind of a quiet person with a dry sense of humor which is a dime a dozen on the Internet so I generally do not post. If I do post it gets lost in the sea of wittier people, or people who already know each other and are more tuned in to their friends' posts.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote:
    ASimPerson wrote:
    Blake T wrote:
    I don't have a crush on nick but he is one if the nicest people here.

xGV90.png

Oh thank goodness there's another Nick around, I was really confused there for a second.

I am also Nick, and I used to have a signed print of that Achewood strip.

Nick is such a common name

I know two other people with my same first and last name that aren't related to me

I keep posting confessions because I have nothing better to do

hey, me too!

Adus wrote:
    I confess I wish I had a personality that came through text better. As it is I'm just kind of a quiet person with a dry sense of humor which is a dime a dozen on the Internet so I generally do not post. If I do post it gets lost in the sea of wittier people, or people who already know each other and are more tuned in to their friends' posts.

I feel like this a lot.

But I've gotten pretty good at just postin' whatever and not giving a fuck if anyone else cares.

And then sometimes they do and that's cool!

Real strong, facetious.

Centipede you are a good poster and enjoy Speed Racer as any just person should

CYpGAPn.png
  • KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    Raneados wrote:
    KingMole wrote:

:V

when I get time and beat down some of my projects, can't even keep up with my creative-juice-creating gloss game, and that's a 1 post a day or less kind of thing

brainspace

People were being all estatic about a recent game where the mafia boards had 9 pages on the last day. And I thought back to the LoTR phalla and thought "only nine?"

doomrider_sigPA.png
    confession: I like vann diras a lot more than he probably thinks I do, being that we never really interact

but he is seriously in the top 10 posters for me

in my experience nick is a good name

I have had nothing but good things to say about people named Nick

now, Josh
    never met a dude I liked named Josh
    cursed name

0BnD8l3.gif
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote:
    Jordyn you are astoundingly hilarious and responsible for much of my taste in comics single handidly

Have you read the Tanga stuff in Weird Worlds?

K-Mag is da beeeeeeest

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • FactorySquirrelFactorySquirrel Marceline's Henchman Land of OooRegistered User regular
    Confession: I cough wrong.

"That man is playing Galaga! He thought we wouldn't notice. But we did."
This discussion has been closed.