As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mark Waid back on the Flash

Kooter00Kooter00 Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Graphic Violence
http://www.newsarama.com/heroes_philly07/DC/flash.html

Hallelujah!
As announced by Dan Didio and Bob Wayne in Philly and Heroes Con, respectively, next week's Flash: The Fastest Man Alive #13 will be the last issue of the young series, which was just launched last year. Although DC is keeping mum about what happens in that pivotal issue, its story will act as a precursor to the announced return of Mark Waid to The Flash beginning in the fall with penciler Daniel Acuna (Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters).

And before the Waid-penned series officially starts with new (or, technically, old) numbering -- picking up at #231 where it left off when The Flash series ended with #230 in January 2006 -- DC will release a special issue called All Flash #1 in September. Written by Waid, the issue will feature work by a slew of DC artists, including Acuna, Karl Kershl, Shane Davis and Joe Bennett.

Kooter00 on

• Options
    natxcrossnatxcross Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Woohoo!

natxcross on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited June 2007
    Oh fuck yeah. I just started reading through Waid's run a few months ago and it really is some solid gold superheroics. "Chain Lightning" may have caused my eyes to mist up manfully.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I don't see why they have to go back to the old numbering

just seems kind of dumb

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    This almost seems like DC's just coming right out and saying, "Alright, alright we fucked up."

I swear to God, if someone had once told me that I would be actively avoiding a book about Bart Allen, I would've called them a liar and insulted their clothes. Hopefully this will either lead to Bart going back to his roots as a spastic hero, with Wally or Barry coming back to be written by Waid, or Waid will do justice to Bart's character and make the whole aging thing seem worthwhile. Or they're going to kill him off.

Munch on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited June 2007
    I really wanted to like the Flash relaunch.

I did not.

DMAC on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I keep reading that guys name as Dan Dildo.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    This is the best choice. Let's face it, we all agree that the relaunch was a disaster (thank you very much Bilson and Di Meo). Marc Guggenheim mae it a bit better, but really, it was just a sinking ship.

Takes us home Waid, take us home.

And Daniel Acuna? Im swooning. Seriously guys, you should see me swoon.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I dont really like the choice of Acuna, but Waid is always outstanding.

Maybe they will bring Wally AND Barry back and it will be like a FLASH CORPS thing.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Man, bad news for Guggenheim there. I was actually tempted to get on the Flash bandwagon when he joined, seeing as I liked his work on Hyperion vs. Nighthawk and Blade. Oh well, good for you Flash fans then.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2007
    This and putting Simone on Wonder Woman are really good ideas that probably should have been made when the books relaunched, but you know? I'm fine with it happening now. Or soon, whatever. Flash and Wonder Woman should be top-tier titles, and it's nice to have top-tier talent back on them.

Heinberg doesn't count until he can deliver more than six issues in a year.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I agree, I actually really loved the Heinberg WW issues that came out, but the scheduling delays have made it into a complete travesty.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Now we need a new all star team for Green Arrow and we'll be all set. Let's keep this damn train moving here.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    JLA still needs a writer I trust. (Meltzer is okay) But they wont announce the next writer till San Diego.

And I would rather see an all-star team try to fix Nightwing than Green Arrow

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »
    JLA still needs a writer I trust. (Meltzer is okay) But they wont announce the next writer till San Diego.

Nightwing has been fixed. You may not care for Wolfmans last arc, but trust me...Nightwing has been fixed.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Nightwing is no longer awful but its a middling book when it could be so much more.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    Now we need a new all star team for Green Arrow and we'll be all set. Let's keep this damn train moving here.

Christos Gage. The dude nailed Ollie in his Deadshot mini, and he writes fun, scrappy superhero stuff with a lot of heart. Really, pretty much anyone but Winick would be just divine.

Munch on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    THIS.

IS.

JAWSOME.

Furu on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Munch wrote: »

Christos Gage. The dude nailed Ollie in his Deadshot mini, and he writes fun, scrappy superhero stuff with a lot of heart. Really, pretty much anyone but Winick would be just divine.

And no more Scott McDaniel. I think I heard you say you liked him Munch, but I just couldn't see it. Awful match for the book.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Seriously.

I am doing air guitar right now

Furu on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Furu wrote: »
    Seriously.

To what song?

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Furu wrote: »
    Seriously.

To what song?

I just made one up

DANANANANA WAID IS WRITING FLASH AGAIN DANANANANA GONNA BE AWESOME DANANAN. DANANANANAAAA.

WAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIID

meedlymeedlymeeeeee

Furu on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    And no more Scott McDaniel. I think I heard you say you liked him Munch, but I just couldn't see it. Awful match for the book.

I think he ranges between good and awful. Like, I can be looking at his stuff and for just a second say, "Man, this dude's like Phil Hester only a little bit worse," and then I hit a panel where someone's eye is sliding off their face, or their jaw's all distended, or some other anatomical monstrosity presents itself.

I do respect his speed though. It seems like he's always got a ton of projects floating around.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    McDaniel can be really good but I wasn't feeling it on GA either. His stuff on Nightwing was great. Really kinetic, acrobatic stuff. It really felt like characters were moving through an environment.

DMAC on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    DMAC should draw Green Arrow.

Featuring a team up with Canadian Shield.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I liked McDaniel on Batman

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Interesting, the Flash relaunch totally sucked, so I wonder who this new series will be about? I guess it could be Barry, Wally or Bart couldn't it?

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Or...

jumpin.jpg

DMAC on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited June 2007

Nightwing has been fixed. You may not care for Wolfmans last arc, but trust me...Nightwing has been fixed.

Wolfman was great until Andreyko's annual

then Wolfman is shit because he can't fucking touch that

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    KumaKuma Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    but.. but.. I like the new JLA creative team

Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Meltzer is ok, but he's only on the book till issue #12

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited June 2007
    sending hatemail to DC

flash13wk2.jpg

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Oh

Oh dear.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    look

i don't mind bringing back Wally

or fuck, as much as I hate to say it, even Barry

but don't fucking kill bart

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Yeah.

It's a pretty shitty move there if they do.

But they might not kill him.

At least they aren't going to rape him first.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I dunno

look at all the holes in his costume

Dr. Light may have already gotten to him

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    man, Dr. Light's got no aim.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    You might want to throw a spoiler on that Keith.

EDIT - Eh, fuck it, I didn't know it's on the front page of Newsarama.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    plus

you know

it's the cover to the issue

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    plus

you know

it's the cover to the issue

That's not in shops yet.

Man, what a faggot.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    My prediction is Barry will save him by intercepting them before they reach the afterlife, and Wally appears to run him back to the world of the living.

If that doesn't happen, Wally returns or the Legion calls down the lightning to bring Barry back.

Or they could rescue his soul, and Barry stays in a never ending battle against Death to make sure he can't chase down Bart, then the Legion ressurect Barry not knowing that Bart is fucked. A general OH SHIT! moment ensues as we have multiple Flash's operating at once, with split stories as one goes to JLA, the other 2 stay in Flash (say Barry and Bart work on evading Death) like in GLC.

Yeah I know none of that is very good or ideal, but hasn't Bart suffered enough bullshit from crappy writers? I'm grasping at straws as to how they can somehow not kill him without going back on their "No one comes back from the dead for quite a while" statements. Then again, depending on whoever the Legion brings bak will technically ruin that statement unless it's a Legion member that comes back to life.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png