As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Old Spice: MANO A MANO IN EL BAÑO

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    baaaalls

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Do

do they really think Fabio has a chance?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    These kind of things always remind me of Flying Shark vs. Flying Crocodile.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Fiji is good and makes me smell good

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    This is possibly the lamest internet fight ever.

• Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    Fabio looks like shit

XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Fabio is bullshit. What is that. Seriously. He's not the man I want to smell like.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    So, has anybody pointed out that these two gentlemen will apparently be going, "hand to hand in the bathroom" yet?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
  • Options
    I am not Taylor Phillis

I am Blank

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    PersonfacePersonface HAIL GAY SATANRegistered User regular
  • Options
    MizuumiMizuumi pet dog you've been eating my video game how could you eat my video gameRegistered User regular
    i only ever saw one fabio commercial, wherein he had really long hair that fluttered in the wind until they panned over and revealed him standing at the other end of his hair

it was alright

but fabio just doesn't have the same charisma

also, judging by views, it looks like pretty much everybody has looked at both vote videos

also also, both have about 300 views, but old old spice guy's video has like 6000 likes

DEMOCRACY

ducklett.gif
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    I used old spice long before the ads.

But I do like the ads a lot.

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The ads are good, but I don't use old spice. I use this fragrance free deodorant that just inhibits the growth of bacteria in my pits so I don't have some obnoxious halo of scent hanging around me but I also don't stink, and Usagi likes how I smell naturally. It's surprisingly effective at keeping odor away even when I sweat pretty heavily.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    FandeathisFandeathis Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I usually hate all Axe stuff, but I found their "Essence" deodorant mixed quite well with the smell of my cologne (Zegna Colonia). For some reason this combination of scents has gotten me over double the compliments from girls versus any other combination of smells. I also use Aqua Velva aftershave, but I feel that the scent of that only lasts so long. My girlfriend still can't get over how good I smell to her all the time. It's crazy, I feel like I've found some kind of magical combination.

Fandeathis on
    You fuck wit' Die Antwoord, you fuck wit' da army.
  • Options
    MizuumiMizuumi pet dog you've been eating my video game how could you eat my video gameRegistered User regular
    i have never met a cologne that i didn't feel just kind of stank

like, why do you want to have some musky smell lingering on your body all the time

ducklett.gif
  • Options
    There are lots of colognes that are not musky at all. Zegna Intenso for example has a very citrus smell to it. I'm a huge fan of his line of colognes to be honest.

• Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    i dabbled with colognes when i was younger and had no idea what i was doing
    used cool water for a while then

i haven't used cologne in ages, and i generally stick to the 'blue' scents in deodorant
    I think that's going to be next on the self-improvement list is shaving / olfactory stuff

i may have to break down and get a badger hair brush and a good safety razor
    but as for smells? i really just don't know how to even go about deciding on a cologne

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I use Old Spice Swagger.

It smells good.

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2011
    Also, if you're wearing cologne and it's hanging around you in a cloud people can smell from 15 feet away, you're doing it wrong. Cologne and perfume are supposed to be subtle and either noticed as someone walks past and you get a brief whiff, or you're right up in their business. Use less!

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    redfenix wrote:
    i dabbled with colognes when i was younger and had no idea what i was doing
    used cool water for a while then

i haven't used cologne in ages, and i generally stick to the 'blue' scents in deodorant
    I think that's going to be next on the self-improvement list is shaving / olfactory stuff

i may have to break down and get a badger hair brush and a good safety razor
    but as for smells? i really just don't know how to even go about deciding on a cologne

One thing I did when learning what cologne would be right for me, is having a bunch of my female friends join me for a trip to Sephora. I then spent a good hour sampling different colognes on test strips (remember to smell coffee beans in-between to clear your scent palate). I then had the girls decide which ones they liked best from the strips that made the cut. The vote was almost unanimous for Zenga Z. Since then I have been wearing different Zenga colognes mostly with Zenga Colonia being my favorite.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    mcp wrote:
    I use Old Spice Swagger.

It smells good.

:^:

• Options
    Druhim wrote:
    Also, if you're wearing cologne and it's hanging around you in a cloud people can smell from 15 feet away, you're doing it wrong. Cologne and perfume are supposed to be subtle and either noticed as someone walks past and you get a brief whiff, or you're right up in their business. Use less!

This is SO important. I personally use two small spritzes for an entire day. For some scents just one spritz is sufficient.

• Options
    yeah, it was always fun in high school when some girl on the bus would wear perfume so thick you would choke on aerosolized fruitsmell no matter where in the bus you were

really though, i just don't have any particular desire to make myself smell like anything other than clean (i.e. no smell). but then, maybe that's why i don't have flocks of ladies and/or dudes throwing themselves at me all the time. WHO KNOWS

ducklett.gif
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    oh my goodness
    how did I miss this

evening/afternoon: gone

• Options
    yeah, i know at least the 'don't lay it on too thick' thing
    but as far as using it at all
    yeah

i think there's a sephora over in the stl
    they have manly scents?

• Options
    skettios wrote:
    oh my goodness
    how did I miss this

do tell

• Options
    redfenix wrote:
    yeah

they have manly scents?

The one here in Glendale has an entire wall dedicated to cologne for men.

• Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    redfenix wrote:
    skettios wrote:
    oh my goodness
    how did I miss this

do tell

watching the various videos
    checking out the new twitter

love that he's not taking himself seriously at all
    I prefer Isaiah or Bruce, but Fabio is having fun, and I'm cool with that.

• Options
    skettios wrote:
    redfenix wrote:
    skettios wrote:
    oh my goodness
    how did I miss this

do tell

watching the various videos
    checking out the new twitter

love that he's not taking himself seriously at all
    I prefer Isaiah or Bruce, but Fabio is having fun, and I'm cool with that.

that's way less scandalous than I expected of you :p
    but ok, fair enough

• Options
    Fandeathis wrote:
    redfenix wrote:
    yeah

they have manly scents?

The one here in Glendale has an entire wall dedicated to cologne for men.

I shall inquire
    though what would be the advantage of that over say, the counter at macy's/sears/dillards/whatever

• Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    I usually just wear unscented Speed Stick. (It's not expensive.)

If I shave, I'll slap on some aftershave, more to try to keep from getting all pimply than for the smell.

A couple months ago, I was on the bus on my way to work, and we were going past Green Lake park, which had just had its grass cut. I was savoring the first fresh-cut grass of spring for a few blocks, until some lady reeking of some bullshit flowery awfulness got on the bus and just annihilated the grass smell. I hated her so much.

you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I get that Fabio is the bigger parody here but his clips are just so bad
    That fucking accent

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I used to use Old Spice about 15 years ago. I've never really settled on a scent, drifting from one to the other as my mood (or wife) direct me. I've got some Axe in my gym bag, but that's really just supposed to be a stop gap until I get home and shower properly. My aftershave is Issey Miyake, which I'm quite fond of but use sparingly; most of the time I just go with scentless soothing lotion. The rest of the time, I'm rocking clean.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I have some Burberry cologne that I got as a gift a while back and I only wear that on very special occasions

Actually it's been a while
    Is there a time window after which cologne isn't good any more?

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    I use Axe bodywash simply for the ridiculous names

"White Thunder Crush" = Vanilla Bean

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Airking850Airking850 Ottawa, ONRegistered User regular
    Never been a cologne wearer, but I can't think of a good reason why aside from never having bothered.

Never cared much about my deodorant, either. Starting to feel like a rube here!

Is there a key to picking scents aside from polling whatever ladies happen to be nearby?

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote:
    The ads are good, but I don't use old spice. I use this fragrance free deodorant that just inhibits the growth of bacteria in my pits so I don't have some obnoxious halo of scent hanging around me but I also don't stink, and Usagi likes how I smell naturally. It's surprisingly effective at keeping odor away even when I sweat pretty heavily.

What brand is that?