As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Avatar Kinect: Hide behind a digital mask when you make your horrible podcasts!

PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
edited October 2017 in Games and Technology
Look out, it is being released today...The Kinect! Previous to today, I have been playing rsclegacy.com

Lot of achievements, did a total of 8 out of 50 so far! (YAY)

jCyyTSo.png
PikaPuff on

• darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Do want to give this a try sometime, looks pretty neat.

forumsig.png
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    This seems pretty fun actually - I liked the eyebrow movement tracking feature.

I hereby propose a weekly PA Youtube Forum with a set of new topics each week in the style of the McLaughlin group on PBS. It could be monumental.

• PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I think my kinect is broken. it does that shitty "reposition camera down and never adjust back" whenever an initial check is done in a game. so i have to recalibrate every time when I start a game

also it'd be nice if i knew how to manually adjust audio, because i am super mic boosted there

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Gaspode_TGaspode_T Registered User regular
    I guess it depends where you are placing your Kinect, I put mine under my TV and it works better than on top, when I put it on top it freaks out so much that it ends up falling off and I don't feel like welding it up there

For sound, most mics have some sort of built in mechanism for eliminating noise so make sure you don't place it right next to your loudly humming 360

Gaspode The Talking Wonder Dog
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/gaspode_t TwitPic: http://twitpic.com/photos/gaspode_t
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    i downloaded the kinect fun labs, and this is the one app i didn't try. the others were fun enough distractions, but the 'kinect me' avatar maker had an extremely hard time giving me an accurate hair style.
    in any case this looks fun enough, i need to tell my horrible podcast members so we can do a horrible podcast this way!

i downloaded the kinect fun labs, and this is the one app i didn't try. the others were fun enough distractions, but the 'kinect me' avatar maker had an extremely hard time giving me an accurate hair style.
    in any case this looks fun enough, i need to tell my horrible podcast members so we can do a horrible podcast this way!

Stop looking like a girl.

forumsig.png
    heeeey my hair is only girlish from the back and sides...
    just realized none of my fellow podcasters have this, who wants to be in a mooooovie with me

Can it work two-player, or will it only track one person per console?

forumsig.png
    i think it does work two player. am i missing something? on my kinect fun labs it says this is 'coming soon'

Becky and I would likely be right up for some group chat action.

forumsig.png
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Strange, must be an area thing--mine is still "Coming soon" under Kinect Funlabs.

well shit. i will try deleting and redownloading fun labs real quick.

Buh? I'll admit I've not tried loading it up yet, but I downloaded the thing from Add-Ons last night. You're saying that when you load up Fun Labs, it's just showing as 'coming soon' rather than letting you launch it?

forumsig.png
    yes, it won't let me do anything but stare at it. i'm almost done downloading again, and it's taking a fairly long time, it may work once i have 'refreshed' it.

nope, didn't work. it's weird that i can see other people have used it, and even watch a video or two made with it, but not use it myself. lame.

Weaksauce. Will see about setting up the camera tonight to test ours.

forumsig.png
    edited July 2011
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/Product/Avatar-Kinect/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025848081a?cid=majornelson&partner=majornelson

It's not a part of fun labs (wtf) you can search for it directly a-z on letter a, near the end. that's how I got it.

and then when you use it directly from quickplay and leave you exit out into the fun labs wtfx2 combo

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    whaaaat
    okay well thanks for the link, grabbing it now

i made a sweet solo video to test it, but the site won't let me download it yet
    looks like the site is busier than they anticipated.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Okay every time I try to run Kinect Fun Labs my xbox freezes. I've tried removing it and redownloading and it's the same problem. :(

skip fun labs and just get avatar kinect?

jCyyTSo.png
    i'm not positive but isn't the only way to launch avatar kinect through fun labs?

edited July 2011
    it downloads and installs funlabs, but I always launch in jewel>quick launch and have never launched in fun labs itself

not sure if doing that also launched fun labs first (which means it wouldn't help ura at all) because I can run fun labs just fine.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    I need to get our Kinect set uppppppp.

forumsig.png
  • plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    The Giantbomb guys need to be using this, like yesterday.

Kinect Funlabs always runs super slow for me, I gave up on it pretty quick.

plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
    You should drop the AA to 2x and maybe disable advanced texture filtering, those tend to hit performance hardest. Failing that, try defragging your boot sector and run a sysadmin checksum on the primary default buffers.

forumsig.png
  • Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular

BroCast is gonna get this right!?

6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
  • fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    OK I just tried this and there was an update for Funlabs.

Funlabs doesn't seem to work at all now, freezes everytime I try to load it.

fragglefart.jpg