As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I need to do something nice for a friend

FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
edited July 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
So my best friend's girlfriend's dad died this morning. He was like 65. I'm really close friends with her too and this came sort of unexpectedly. He'd been sick but everyone thought it was getting better, then bam, out of nowhere, they called me this morning to tell me he had died.

These two are like my closest friends, and I wanna do something nice for them. I don't have much experience with this sort of thing, and I was wondering what you guys think I should do. I'll be there for 'em and stuff, and me and my parents are gonna send her mom flowers and some such, but I feel like there's probably something else I can do

Any suggestions?

reposig.jpg
Fandyien on

• Options
    RadicalTurnipRadicalTurnip Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    It's common to provide meals for the bereaved family and/or loved ones, and it's a good practice. Not having to worry about cooking/preparing/figuring out food is certainly handy. Other than that, just be there for them if they need to talk, or let them sit silently if they don't want to. You can certainly get a card, also.

RadicalTurnip on
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Offer to run errands for them, pick up dinner- in general, try to make life easier for them during this time. Remind them you're there for them if they feel like talking about it.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?