As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat]craft 2

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote:
    Does the Jack of Blades from Fable 1 play a role in the later ones?

Doesn't ring a bell.

Dude with a mask and a bunch of knives, pretty much fucks over the hero from the original his entire life. Everyone loves him. Is apparently some deep secret evil that's existed for ever.

Nope don't remember that character in 2 or 3.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Double post

Winky on
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Anyone here happen to know what the "Free Wimble" sigs and posts in SE++ are about?

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    SanderJK wrote:
    Anyone here happen to know what the "Free Wimble" sigs and posts in SE++ are about?

humor.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    Tox wrote:
    SanderJK wrote:

humor.

What are they doing in se++ then?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Holy shoot, those vids you posted in the film thread are great, Echo!

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote:
    Tox wrote:
    SanderJK wrote:

humor.

What are they doing in se++ then?

Stuff like this comes up every now and then, and people seem to think it's hilarious. I was just wondering if I missed some Forum Event.
    Xt2m1.png

Probably some forumer who got jailed and people thought it was unfair, like that one time they jailed El Jeffe and we held a candle light vigil.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    So what new computer games have I missed?

Or is everyone just still not out yet?

Should I read a book?

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    the things i miss

steam_sig.png
    Daxon wrote:

Should I read a book?

Read a book, buy some land, get a speedstick, raise your kids.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Apparently he isn't in Fable 2 and 3 so sayeth the google. Children will make references to him though.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote:
    oh I thought for a second somebody uploaded films that they made.

we should have a thread where people can upload their crappy no-budget student films, it'd be fun!

Apparently he isn't in Fable 2 and 3 so sayeth the google. Children will make references to him though.

The games aren't really that connected. Like in 3 you are the child of the hero of 2, but it doesn't import information, so its not like you had to have played 2, to understand 3. In a way I can understand that, because games like ME are rather rare and I'd like to keep them that way.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    wandering wrote:
    Haphazard wrote:
    oh I thought for a second somebody uploaded films that they made.

we should have a thread where people can upload their crappy no-budget student films, it'd be fun!
    Hmm, that'd be interesting, yes. Kinda like funny home videos D&D edition.

Daxon wrote:

Should I read a book?

If you haven't played it yet, Batman:AA GotY is 7.50 on steam at the moment. If you enjoy beating dudes, good atmosphere, light puzzling and a bit of sneaking at all, this is a Good Deal.

• JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    Justin has failed us in our time of need.

I took a walk to CVS. Ssssuuuccckkk my ballllssss

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote:

The games aren't really that connected. Like in 3 you are the child of the hero of 2, but it doesn't import information, so its not like you had to have played 2, to understand 3. In a way I can understand that, because games like ME are rather rare and I'd like to keep them that way.

You're related to the hero in 1 as well. See I think if they had stuck with a common villain there could have been this great theme of this family line battling an eternal evil through out history, jumping forward noticeably in time each game like they did between 1 and 2.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    CVS were responsible for one of the first WTF moments I had in Boston.

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    if you haven't played AA you should be drug through thorny bushes at high speed

919UOwT.png
    and i like how in fable 3 your first kid apparently was a huge jerk

i did not raise my digital son that way

i gave him all the love i could and i even saved him from troglodyte people or whatever when he ran off to be like ol' dad

919UOwT.png
    Haphazard wrote:

Aroo?

• BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote:

Um...

• mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote:

I know, I'm always like, "Why does a product to track code version changes need a brick and mortar store? Plus, I'd rather use Subversion anyway."

mrflippy wrote:
    Haphazard wrote:

I know, I'm always like, "Why does a product to track code version changes need a brick and mortar store? Plus, I'd rather use Subversion anyway."

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GET OFF THE STAGE

Gooey wrote:

i gave him all the love i could and i even saved him from troglodyte people or whatever when he ran off to be like ol' dad

I swear my first kid in Fable 2 was a girl. My only child in fable 3 is a black child despite my hero and her mother being white, oh well when you marry the local whore you get whats coming to you. In my case its 7 std's and counting.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote:
    Preacher wrote:
    Does the Jack of Blades from Fable 1 play a role in the later ones?

Doesn't ring a bell.

Dude with a mask and a bunch of knives, pretty much fucks over the hero from the original his entire life. Everyone loves him. Is apparently some deep secret evil that's existed for ever.

Nope don't remember that character in 2 or 3.

He was the evil guy in the 3rd Fable.

BobCesca wrote:
    Gooey wrote:

Um...

sorry bob, them's the rules. if you let go of this rope we have to start over.

919UOwT.png
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    So I created accounts on:

Monster, Dice, indeed, simply hired, and converted my linked in profile to something better.

• BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote:
    BobCesca wrote:
    Gooey wrote:

Um...

sorry bob, them's the rules. if you let go of this rope we have to start over.

:cry:

japan, you have to buy it for me or you will surely suffer the same fate!

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Echo, you mentioned that you use an online bank transfer to pay your rent.

How long is the lead time between having the funds withdrawn from your account and having the funds show up in your landlord's account?

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Feral wrote:

How long is the lead time between having the funds withdrawn from your account and having the funds show up in your landlord's account?

It's reserved on my bank account immediately. I think it's transferred at the end of the next bank day at the very latest.

I know that in the Netherlands, the general rule is: If it's the same bank, the transfer is done at midnight (So I transfer today, they get it tommorow). To another bank, there's a 24h wait. (Which is basicly free money for the bank because that money spends time on the banks account.)

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Feral wrote:

Direct Debits (Direct Debit is a specific scheme for making regular payments) in the UK always leave your account on the day you appoint, or the next working day if it lands on a weekend.

Ordinary bank transfers are same day, sometimes two days if you're transferring to some obscure little building society or something.

EDIT: to clarify, if you pay something by direct debit, the payment date is always taken to be the date the money leaves your account, you can't be charged or anything if it takes longer than usual to get to the target account.

japan on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    And on that note I'll pay my bills now.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote:
    So I created accounts on:

Monster, Dice, indeed, simply hired, and converted my linked in profile to something better.

I always look on idealist too but that's because I'm a liberal nonprofit lover

Preacher wrote:
    Gooey wrote:

I swear my first kid in Fable 2 was a girl. My only child in fable 3 is a black child despite my hero and her mother being white, oh well when you marry the local whore you get whats coming to you. In my case its 7 std's and counting.

Sounds like your e-wife was cheating on you with the e-help.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    Preacher wrote:
    Gooey wrote:

Sounds like your e-wife was cheating on you with the e-help.

Well again I literally married a whore (her name is Sally The Whore) so I can't really expect much else, but she does give me nice gifts.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Okay guys I've got this great joke:

So, I get to my bench this morning and I realize that all of my DNA was digested while I was away! BamHI was sitting there so I was like "BamHI, do you know who digested all my DNA?"

And he was all "NotI."

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Winky.

Winky.

Hey Winky.

Don't do that.

Ludious on
This discussion has been closed.