As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon

12346»

• fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    YerMum wrote:
    Is this out in the UK yet? Hopefully will be able to grab it at the weekend if it is :D

Delivered to mine today and it fucking rules man!

fragglefart.jpg
  • RubycatRubycat Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I have a PS3 copy, but I'm barely into hard. -getting jet to 5 right now. no bots normal remix- (battle/trooper/tactics/jet all at 5)

Rubycat on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN: Rubycat3 / NintentdoID: Rubycat
  • Quake MattQuake Matt Registered User regular
    Got this yesterday and, after a few hours of playing, was honestly a bit disappointed. It seemed like the magic hadn't been recaptured...

Now I've hit tier 5 with my jet and I'm throwing out giant, blue explodey-things, while whizzing around in the air, occasionally stopping to launch erratic, purple explodey-things into the sky, and trying to make sure I'm not hit by flying cars and assorted lasers.

So, yeah, explosions make everything better!

Amazing the difference a level can make.

At 4, my Tactical guy felt totally lame and weak compared to other classes. Hit 5 and seems much more useful.

Still prefer Trooper though - keep it simple and deadly.

fragglefart.jpg
    My Battle armor is rank 6 about half way to 7. just playing through hard with a bit of grinding every once in a while. Tried some online hard, but your xp is completely neutered when competing with 2 other players. I guess Ill just use it if I cant beat a mission with the bots.

steam_sig.png
  • ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    For those in the UK Tesco have this game at under £20 in store, so there are no excuses!!

The grind would go by a good deal faster if the kill/xp/score was completely shared (your whole squad getting credits for each others kills.)
    -its the difference between 10k on 1-4 hard and almost 20k given the bots get at least 4-5k each-

steam_sig.png
  • YerMumYerMum Registered User regular
    Ziggymon wrote:
    For those in the UK Tesco have this game at under £20 in store, so there are no excuses!!

big stores only though right?

Rugged individualist
    Destiny Profile : http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7028016
  • areaarea Registered User regular
    YerMum wrote:
    Ziggymon wrote:

Probably true, but even if it is, it's not a problem.

area wrote:
    YerMum wrote:
    Ziggymon wrote:

Probably true, but even if it is, it's not a problem.

Thanks, you just made me spend £20, I hope you're satisfied!
    Cheers, will be online for the killing of ants and that when it arrives! :D

Rugged individualist
    OK stompy shooty guy totally rules.

fragglefart.jpg
  • WitchsightWitchsight Registered User regular
    Liking this game the more i play it... Just into the 3rd chapter, and its better than i hoped... But!

Whats the deal with local co op? I cant play any levels ive beaten in single player when a friend signs in. And we have to start from the first chapter. In 2017, i think your partner basically used a copy of your own player, with health and guns up to snuff. Whats the deal in IA?

Witchsight.png
  • JHunzJHunz Registered User regular
    Witchsight wrote:
    Liking this game the more i play it... Just into the 3rd chapter, and its better than i hoped... But!

Whats the deal with local co op? I cant play any levels ive beaten in single player when a friend signs in. And we have to start from the first chapter. In 2017, i think your partner basically used a copy of your own player, with health and guns up to snuff. Whats the deal in IA?
    It's separate profiles now. Has the friend beaten those levels too on his own, or was he starting fresh? Because you both might have to have a level available for it to be available in co-op.

bunny.gif Gamertag: JHunz. R.I.P. Mygamercard.net bunny.gif
    edited July 2011
    JHunz wrote:
    Has the friend beaten those levels too on his own, or was he starting fresh? Because you both might have to have a level available for it to be available in co-op.
    Nah, they are starting new, like in most cases when a casual friend decides to jump in games like these... Kind of lame, i was hoping to bring them along for some of the later levels.
    If only for a meat shield. :(

Witchsight on
    Witchsight.png
    Wow last few levels on Inferno are tough, even at level 7.

Anyone know if enemy HP increases when playing multi? Sure seems like it! Either that or the AI bots are actually super effective...

fragglefart.jpg
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    RAGE! This game was 20 bucks on Amazon Gold Box. They sold out in a minute and a half, I would have gotten a copy but I spent a few seconds waiting for the gold box deal to switch over to it and it never did, so I had to refresh the page, and by the time I did it was sold out. :(

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
    Buy it anyway dude it's so awesome <3

fragglefart.jpg
    (Tactical at 7) now to work on Trooper who's weapons seem more bleh than tactical, or at least his dropped rank 5 stuff seems kinda crappy.

steam_sig.png
    edited July 2011
    Trooper is far better once you get to 6.

Although... I remember Tactical sucking at 5 too, then you hit 6 and boom.

I have the Gunner Dude at 7 and he's an ant-killing monster, can't wait to hit 8. Gonna take some work though.

Saving the Flying Geezer until last, since he seems so quick I figured I end up distance-cheesing everything! But his weapons seem totally crazy so should be good to finish on.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
    What are you doing to rank up? I'm getting a bit burnt out on it

steam_sig.png
    Jumped right in to Hard mode last night, took a full clip of the rank 1 shotty to kill an ant so needless to say it took a *while* to get through the mission. Luckily the AI seem awesome at revives and made it. Think I'll just stick to normal difficulty for a while though, and get online later on tonight.

Rugged individualist
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    yea you should really play through each difficulty before jumping to the next one. youll be right around the right level to start hard once you finish normal, and youll be ready for inferno once you finish hard.

Well I levelled up the battle armour to L2 after that first mission, and grabbed enough credits to unlock everything I wanted so it was worth the grind. Think I'm reasonably well set up now to blast through normal and unlock more goodies.

Rugged individualist
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    You should switch to the next difficulty when you hit the level below the cap.

So if the cap is 5, at 4 switch to the next difficulty. Otherwise it gets really grindy.

Trooper to rank 7. Jet is all that's left and I'm not seeing much in his arsenal at rank 5.

steam_sig.png
    Rubycat wrote:
    What are you doing to rank up? I'm getting a bit burnt out on it

Yeah same, getting to level 8 is taking forever, and the top Inferno levels are too hard for me to solo.

Playing through sets 1 and 2 is still cool but I WANT LEVEL 8 WEAPONS NAAAOOOW!

fragglefart.jpg
    edited August 2011
    All classes at rank 8 and there are only the Pesticide weapons for rank 8, which basically kill you if you fire them, because your going to be too close in that whole 150m death trap.
    -mortar shoots too short and its timed, hope your shield is at full.
    -rocket shoots really really fast, but your the trooper, hope you like eating pavement
    -missile lock is fairly slow, but you can still blind fire it without a lock, but the missile is also kinda slow, and that thing you shot? its coming toward you.
    -sniper rifle doesn't say it has a blast radius, but ohhhh it does. it also claims to have a 3 second reload, but it kills your energy and sends you into recharge.

That took a long time just getting to rank 8's. and I'm almost done on weapon drops (102/107) not even going to think about buying all the weapons!.. seriously add that up!
    and. FUCK TICKS ON INFERNO! and more importantly, the bomber spider and its ability to shoot them into your face from 100m away, so many times im 20mins+ in and "GAMEOVER!" thanks to ticks killing me, than the AI walking slowly toward each other with ticks on their backs.

Rubycat on
    steam_sig.png
    I got the Battle guy to level 8 and found the Pesticide weapon pretty awesome, just have to be careful with shield use and letting enemies get too close.

I love Airmail 4.0!

Similarly, I'm at approx 101/107 but have not got the other guys to level 8. Tactical is at 7 though, might get him there this week.

fragglefart.jpg
    edited August 2011
    Missions 3-2 to 3-5 are so spaced out the pesticides weapons really shine. (battles mortar cant kill the queen/carrier-elitecarrier/or the mk2 though).

I killed myself probably 5 times doing 3-5, due to either the AI crossing straight into my line, or an enemy charging just before I fire.. and then there is my bad judgment of space (Wow that hector was a lot closer than I thought) this was with trooper (ChronoCluster 4 is beastly for anything that swarms close)

Ahhhhhh.. 106/107 and its the damned Hotfoot 6 missing?.. Ive wanted that since Battle was rank 7. grrr.

Woooo 107/107. I Pesticide rifled the hell out of 3-2 for that. (note, Jet pesticide rifle does not destroy buildings)

Rubycat on
    steam_sig.png
    Wow congrats on the weapons I'm at 103/107 now. Also yeah Hotfoot 6 is good, I use that OMG!! variant or whatever it's called due to the sheer volume of bullets in the clip. dakka dakka dakka

Just working Jet upto 7, like playing a whole different game with that guy.

Also, the pre-order bonus weapons have been released.

They were showing up on US Marketplace yesterday but for some reason aren't showing up in the UK, grrr.

fragglefart.jpg
    Working my way through the last chapter on Hard as the Jet class, tier 6... Really digging some of these weapons.
    Silly question though, do weapon drops simply give me access to Purchase those weapons, or do i get them for free in that case? Because there are some weapons that cost nothing, though they always have the radiation symbol beside them... Theres something im not understanding there!

Witchsight.png
    If they drop they are free, but they are Tier and Class specific.

And yes, they are marked by a radiation symbol and cost nothing.

That way you can check which you have, and what you still require.

fragglefart.jpg
  • Quake MattQuake Matt Registered User regular
    I can't play as anything other than a jet. Everything else is just so slow and boring...

If you haven't already, give one of the Pepposo (?) grenade launchers a go. The one I'm using doesn't do any knockback so, even though it takes 10+ hits to kill anything, you don't accidentally disperse the swarm while you're killing it. Also, if you can put up with the short range and slightly haphazard scattering effect, the Fearthein rockets do a truely obscene amount of damage to anything caught in the way.

Jet is awesome yeah, but man, Battle is just such a badass.

I don't care he's so slow, he's a walking death machine and the additional options given to you (shields, auto proximity tazering and nuclear discharge) make for such crazy shenanigans.

fragglefart.jpg
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Jet is awesome yeah, but man, Battle is just such a badass.

I don't care he's so slow, he's a walking death machine and the additional options given to you (shields, auto proximity tazering and nuclear discharge) make for such crazy shenanigans.

You can RUN THROUGH CARS!

Hahaha yeah man that never gets old!

fragglefart.jpg
  • BonepartBonepart Registered User regular
    I just recently got my Battle armor up to Rank 7, and man are the new Rocket Lauchers EPIC.

The two that stick out both have a 30m blast radius(diameter?) with the one that travels really fast for 4k damage, and the other travels slower and only does ~2.5k but seems to absolutely DEMOLISH the environment.

XBL Gamertag: Ipori
    Been playing this on and off since release, but just recently started playing online to get help with a few levels on inferno...
    ... And noticed that a patch came out addressing some issues.... Or whatever? Maybe now I can find a game online to join for a few days anyway? Level 8 calls me so!

Witchsight.png
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    So, finally got this sucker on Steam. (with all DLC because, hey. It was cheap, and who don't want more guns?)

Man, gunships and wasps are easier to deal with on PC.

Got my battle armor up to level 7 and my trooper to level 4. I'm finding a lot of guns to love.

Current leader: Fully automatic high explosive assault rifle. But I might replace it with the Hotfoot 6 if I find it.

So many fun guns.