As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pathetic Geek Stories - the Return of the Geekening

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Seriously, I was like a goddamn gradeschool Riddler from Adam West-era Batman or some shit.

8406wWN.png
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    I'm trying to think of something but nope I've been pretty normal.

I guess I flew half way across the country then went on a 14 hour road trip to hang out in canada and drink with internet people?? But that was fucking awesome and also they weren't weird SO WHATEVER

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    PiptheFair wrote:
    woah dang rank you a big man now

lemme post juancock bro

okay

8406wWN.png
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I would write tiny cryptic messages on incredibly small pieces of paper and slip them into her jacket pocket when she left her desk

example: apple = star wars

you see, apples have cores. That means they are core-y. Like Cory. Her current boyfriend.

And star wars, well, it was all about The Force. Which sounds like divorce.

Therefore, Cory equals Divorce. Simple.

She'd obviously see the logic and dump him and then she would go out with me and we would have a million sexes.
    holy shit

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    and now we know how the riddler was born

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I was once got so addicted to Animal Crossing DS I started playing it in the middle of a play.

A play that I was acting in.

A play taking place during the early 1900s.

Edit: Holy shit Rank.

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I'm still pretty oblivious to female advances

but I used to turn down parties and shit to play video games

goddamn I hate myself

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    how could anyone top that

0BnD8l3.gif
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    aw man

thought I was being so clever

but alas, beaten to the punch

I would write tiny cryptic messages on incredibly small pieces of paper and slip them into her jacket pocket when she left her desk

example: apple = star wars

you see, apples have cores. That means they are core-y. Like Cory. Her current boyfriend.

And star wars, well, it was all about The Force. Which sounds like divorce.

Therefore, Cory equals Divorce. Simple.

She'd obviously see the logic and dump him and then she would go out with me and we would have a million sexes.
    holy shit

These scraps of paper were literally no bigger then a fingernail of a sixth grader, written as lightly as possible in mechanical pencil

foolproof

8406wWN.png
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    I don't like to differentiate between my pathetic geek stories and my pathetic stories. It puts too much of a skew on my being a sad fucker.

edited July 2011
    in middle school I had a paperback copy of the hobbit, which had text in runes running along the borders of the front and back cover which could be easily translated to english

I did this, taught the system to a friend, and used it to pass notes about how much we hated the class we were in

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    PiptheFair wrote:

goddamn I hate myself

I was once invited to a party by one of the smartest, coolest, most beautiful girls I've ever known. Like, she called me up and asked if I was coming and everything, and I promised her I would, and we talked on the phone for an hour or two after.

I then got chickenshit terrified and instead stayed home and played Asheron's Call all night.

About a year later her sister told me, right in front of an entire party, how my sister used to be so in love with me and how I stood her up on a date and how she cried about it

8406wWN.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I listen to a band that does songs about Mega Man and I drove 7 fucking hours to see their album release show

• KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    when i was 12 i used to pretend i was 19 and try and cyber with girls in aol harry potter chatrooms

• Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    "girls"

Dichotomy wrote:
    in middle school I had a paperback copy of the hobbit, which had text in runes running along the borders of the front of back cover which could be easily translated to english

I did this, taught the system to a friend, and used it to pass notes about how much we hated the class we were in

I not only memorized the dwarven runes but nearly failed geometry because I was too busy drawing maps for D&D campaigns I never ran because I didn't have enough friends to play a campaign with

all of the maps were labeled in dwarven runes

8406wWN.png
    PiptheFair wrote:

goddamn I hate myself

I was once invited to a party by one of the smartest, coolest, most beautiful girls I've ever known. Like, she called me up and asked if I was coming and everything, and I promised her I would, and we talked on the phone for an hour or two after.

I then got chickenshit terrified and instead stayed home and played Asheron's Call all night.

About a year later her sister told me, right in front of an entire party, how my sister used to be so in love with me and how I stood her up on a date and how she cried about it

story of my fucking life right here

alternatively

untitled19ag.gif

once the french teacher confiscated one of our sheets of runic script and we were terrified she'd take it to the nerdy science teacher and he would know and she would know that we thought she was a bitch

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote:
    in middle school I had a paperback copy of the hobbit, which had text in runes running along the borders of the front and back cover which could be easily translated to english

I did rune notes for a while too

rank are you me?

Captain K wrote:
    "girls"

yeah exactly

PiptheFair wrote:
    rank are you me?

probably. Send me your credit card numbers, let me see if they match the ones in my wallet.

8406wWN.png
    speaking of pathetic geek things, this is sort of an interesting thread

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/63776/redirect/p1

8406wWN.png
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Reading these stories reminds me why i wasn't given a hard time in high school. Thank you all. my self-esteem is beaming.

i used to make games on rpgmaker

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I once spent thousands of dollars to fly to some other country to hang out with a bunch of mouthbreathing losers at a pathetic video game convention for babies.

#pipe wrote:
    I once spent thousands of dollars to fly to some other country to hang out with a bunch of mouthbreathing losers at a pathetic video game convention for babies.

didn't you do the same thing a year later?

8406wWN.png
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    i don't feel like typing out the story of how i didn't lose my virginity

but i failed classes in grade school because i was playing counter-strike

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Oh, um.

Well, I didn't really doodle in my notebook because I can't draw. But I did design road systems. All drawing highways and fancy interchanges and stuff.

It probably won't be a huge surprise, I suspect, that my favorite part of SimCity is planning out the roads.

holy shit lostwords so many pageviews

holy shit

the first time i ever got drunk was with thanatos

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    I mean, sure i'm dumb, but at least i'm not passing notes with dwarven runes and hitting on girls with magic cards.

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    In 4th grade I made up my own language in symbols and shit

this girl I was in class with at that time and had pre-ap calculus this last year would bring it up every so often asking me if I remembered

"nope"

in ninth grade I created a star wars game played on paper where players' fleets moved from point to point on a 1000x1000x1000 3d grid

ten of my friends signed up and we played it for a week

then we realized nobody was ever, ever, ever going to run into each other and we stopped

• Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    Goddamn, Rank. . . that poor girl.

Alternatively: Goddamn, Rank. . . that lucky girl.

But the important thing is that we had fun tonight.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Kusuguttai wrote:

me too hi-five

well

I never actually finished one

but I spent an awful lot of time trying!

i have jerked off to a male forumer

it was me

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Kusuguttai wrote:

me too hi-five

well

I never actually finished one

but I spent an awful lot of time trying!

sign me on this list

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)