As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Comic Con Epic Meal Time

JetFalconJetFalcon Registered User regular
edited July 2011 in Social Entropy++
So I live in San Diego for school, and Comic Con was going on but I'm not that big enough of a fan to actually buy a ticket 5 minutes before they go on sale like last year. Plus, I don't know if I would be interested to camp out or wait in longs lines for big stuff like Harrison Ford Cowboys and Aliens. Cool fact: my roommate who works the Hilton Gaslamp said Harrison Ford stayed there, and actually was on the phone with his wife for room service.

But I did do one thing and I saw Epic Meal Time at House of Blues. And they made food live in front of us. It was like 15-20 Big Macs lanced on a pole, all wrapped around a pig. It was horrifyingly unhealthy, it was fucked up, but it looked so good. And whoever does the announcing was nuts, he cussed like a sailor and wasn't afraid to admit how fucked up his culinary masterpiece was. I found it slightly offensive, but I figured that what makes the show popular because it's something that Peta would be extremely outraged from. I love Epic Meal Time, I wish they made a salad in one of their episodes eventually. Or maybe a salad bowl of meat topped with lettuce and veggies, like a reverse salad, sounds more like Epic Meal Time.

And then Diggnation came. It's like this blond guy and brown haired guy that sit on a couch and drink beers and talk about current news, mostly geek related. Like how China had a fake Apple Store. I really have never heard of this, but they seemed pretty big. Big enough that Tony Hawk was willing to show up as a surprise guest. I was about to leave because it was getting boring to hear two guys keep going on about stuff on the internet, but then Tony Hawk showed up and I stayed for the rest of the show. And Epic Meal Time and the Diggnation guys came down to do autographs/pictures/meet fans. This one guy tried so hard to see if EMT saw one of their videos, being one of those "I'm a really big fan of yours" guy.

Anyone there for Comic Con this year. This was the only free event related to Comic Con, so living in SD, it was worth checking out even if it meant going by myself. I don't have geek friends so no way I can find people to go with to Comic Con. So yeah, that is all I did for Comic Con because it costed nothing and it was not sold out. Did anyone actually go to Comic Con? Sorry Im new, maybe this is a blog, but feel free to talk anything about Comic Con. This is all I did and I am wondering if anyone was at House of Blues that night or maybe heard about it.

JetFalcon on

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    You sure are determined to make threads.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Might be a good idea to stop making new threads, man.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    He just wants to be one of us.

One of us.
    One of us.

• Options
    Druhim wrote:

Yeah, but it's about Comic Con. Isn't this what you guys are into? God, I don't care if there some kind of status thing on here where noobies have to limit their posts.

• Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Google jetfalcon flood. His best thread title that I'm seeing is "Best way to drink in public."

• Options
    ElwoodElwood Registered User regular
    reach for the stars buddy

jc_rands3.gif
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    This guy has more threads than posts.

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    KlendyKlendy Goomy GoomyGoomyRegistered User regular
    No brakes. No brakes.

tearyeyes.gif

goomyisall400.jpg

• Options
    actually he seems like an excellent mirror to reflect the elitists that you've all become

jc_rands3.gif
  • Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    take it from someone that probably makes too many threads

you might want to approach it differently than just plopping an essay down in the OP

gotta have something to talk about, or something worth talking about

that much text is a hell of a time investment per capita, and yeah.. won't work well.

• Options
    *waits for the bullet*

jc_rands3.gif
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    JetFalcon wrote:
    Druhim wrote:

Yeah, but it's about Comic Con. Isn't this what you guys are into? God, I don't care if there some kind of status thing on here where noobies have to limit their posts.

We've already got a comic-con thread. If something is worth discussing, it's got one main topic that everyone posts in!

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/144303/i-guess-i-am-in-san-diego-as-well.-comic-con/p1

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    never make new content

jc_rands3.gif
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    Belruel wrote:
    This guy has more threads than posts.

augh how do i

I'll just

uuh

NEW THREAD THERE WE GO

YOU NERDS ARE INTO COMIC CON RIGHT

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    Elwood wrote:
    actually he seems like an excellent mirror to reflect the elitists that you've all become

this place is so much less xenophobic than it used to be.. it's really not at all anymore
    i mean.. seriously. new people get welcomed with ooooooppppeeeeennn aaaaaarrrrmmmms
    all the time.
    re: lurker thread

• Options
    I think he just suffers from text diarrhea. Like he feels this compulsion to just type whatever's on his mind and then make a thread out of it.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Elwood wrote:

don't hate me because I'm better than you

• Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    I have the Illinoisiest accent ever you guys

FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    try sucking up to any girl that posts a picture, it's a popular posting style

jc_rands3.gif
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    redfenix wrote:
    Elwood wrote:

this place is so much less xenophobic than it used to be.. it's really not at all anymore
    i mean.. seriously. new people get welcomed with ooooooppppeeeeennn aaaaaarrrrmmmms
    all the time.
    re: lurker thread

yeah as long as they're human

20091212013125!Illusive_Man_Character_Shot.png

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Where's bogey so he can link this guy to livejournal.

• Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    JetFalcon wrote:
    Druhim wrote:

You don't need to limit your posts because of status, but you might want to limit them because not every single thing warrants a thread.

If you want to start an Epic Meal Time thread, by all means go for it, but do it in an interesting way. Include some videos in the OP and give everyone some information about Epic Meal Time and why you like it.

Don't just start a new thread and write whatever comes to mind, because it's simply not very interesting.

People aren't telling you to stop posting threads because you're new, they're telling you to stop posting threads because your threads aren't very interesting. The fact that you're new only means you don't know how the forums work yet. You can certainly make threads, but other people are similarly free to tell you that they don't like your threads and that they think you're making too many.

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    who wants to touch me

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    does he even have an avatar yet?

find this man an avatar

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    elwood being a rebel itt

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    guys one time I read a comic book

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    it seems like a blog would be a better way to express yourself

• Options
    Smart Hero wrote:
    who wants to touch me

me

let me touch

• Options
    Man, the internet is such a mean place. I thought everyone is annonmous and no one remembers anything about anyone. How is it you guys remember that 4chan thing? I'm done trying to troll that Mousewait site. The mod smartened up and made major changes to his system where you actually had to do the email verification rather than just making a new account and being able to post right away. I had the biggest troll army from Bunei
    THEPAIN73 wrote:
    does he even have an avatar yet?

find this man an avatar

I have no idea how to make an avatar. Can you show me? I'm obviously new.

• Options
    Elwood wrote:

huh, I guess you weren't joking about thinking we're elitist which is ironic considering how much everyone was up on your dick recently even though you'd hardly posted in here before that..

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
  • Options
    Smart Hero wrote:
    who wants to touch me

ooh, me

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Elwood wrote:

It's true

Totally makes they panties all wet

Usagi on
  • Options
    lets all touch smart hero

• Options
    Rolo wrote:
    elwood being a rebel itt

dealwithit.png

jc_rands3.gif
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    toucha toucha touch me

I wanna feel diiiirty

Man you know who is a total cutie

Jayma Mays

• Options
    Smart Hero wrote:
    who wants to touch me

8->

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    DUDE

dude....

chill

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    Guys my cat won't stop headbutting my face and I am trying to make posts.

It's a hard knock life

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    I suck up to every girl

This discussion has been closed.