As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 7/27/11: It Means A Safe Place For Goats!

2»

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    It is collected on its own, but has the same trade dress as the Iron Fist collections

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Read all of Immortal Iron Fist

Read it forever

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I already owned IIF volumes 1 and 2 in trade form

bought the Omnibus anyways because it is swank as hell

The binding is in Iron Fist green with golden letters. I will admit I was a little disappointed it didn't just have a big golden Iron Fist logo like the Book of Iron Fists.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I own all the IIF trades

They have a special place on my shelf

• Options
    Red or AliveRed or Alive Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    My MotW had to be the ending to the latest League of Extraordinary Gentlemen book ("Century: 1969") if only for the WTF factor. It ties in thematically with the rest of the series (creating the ultimate fanfic/unifying all of popular fiction in one universe) and it's surprisingly ballsy from a legal standpoint, but I have no idea how it's going to tie-in to the conclusion, which is to be set in 2009.

The whole thing was pretty good too, but (having been born in 1987) 90% of the references flew past me. Moore grew up in this era, so he clearly feels comfortable playing with his own sense of nostalgia but, I dunno, it seemed to come at the expense of actual storytelling.

EDIT: Fuck it; here's Chris Sims from Comics Alliance. I think he's got a better grasp of the material than I do

Red or Alive on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    HadjiQuest wrote:
    Project: Superman 2 was still kind of a let down, but it had sort of a funny/horrible/gruesome moment.

Once again, no scans, just the spoiler.
    Project Zero somehow telepathically gives a burst of yellow sun energy to Krypto as he's being demonstrated as a weapon to Lionel Luthor. Krypto goes feral and literally rips most of the people in the room to shreds. Lionel tells his young son Lex to stay very still. Lex freezes up, hoping the dog won't attack him. Lionel throws the boy to Krypto, and Krypto bites right through one of his arms before maiming a 10-year-old Lex Luthor to death. While Krypto is ripping Lex up, a guard with what was apparently a Kryptonite shotgun blew Krypto apart.

Sort of over the top with the gore, but it explains Flashpoint Krypto's fate a bit more. Also, they imply that Supergirl's rocket was faulty, and that she completely burnt up on entry.

That is horrifying. Are they trying to outdo Ultimatum for stupid and disgusting comics?

Yeah, I think so. You should go read Flashpoint: Legion of Doom #2. It's... it's not good. It absolutely has an Ultimatum feel, where they know they are ending the universe so why not do it as savagely as possible.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    My motw is the end of Secret Warriors. It's been a great series, and it ended well. I'm interested to see what happens with Daisy, and I hope that Nick Fury is actually left alone to an extent now. He's won his war, he should get a chance to spring the contessa and disappear with her, get some peace.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Immortal Iron Fist was probably my favorite series at the time is was coming out. Any appearance of Iron Fist these days makes me crave more.

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    Solar wrote:
    My motw is the end of Secret Warriors. It's been a great series, and it ended well. I'm interested to see what happens with Daisy, and I hope that Nick Fury is actually left alone to an extent now. He's won his war, he should get a chance to spring the contessa and disappear with her, get some peace.

The last page killed me.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    My MOTW is that Jonathan Ross came into my local comic shop and signed a bunch of Turf HCs, so I decided to pick one up and man I love Tommy Lee Edwards

• Options
    85zyhedoll85zyhedoll Registered User new member
    I think it lost me this issue, but I'll put that in the X-Men thread