As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]craft 2

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    Ugh my roommate is being super inconsiderate.

It's Friday night and I told her as a favor I'd take her to the airport. She said 9.

Then at like 8:30 she was like "oh shit Ive gotta pack we'll leave in an hour"

So 9:30...sigh.

She just finished packing and put an episode of True Blood on...

So 10 now?

You've fucking killed my night, thanks.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Tox wrote:
    Though chances are, most Canadians probably don't like me on account of being the wrong kind of Canadian. :(

What's the wrong kind of Canadian?

No, but seriously, nobody gives a fuck where you're from, if you genuinely need help, you'll get it.

Also, no seriously, what's the wrong kind of Canadian? Is it...like....I got nothing....

French Canadian, that's the wrong kind of Canadian. Seriously, a lot of English Canadians have nothing but scorn for people who live in Quebec and happen to speak a different language because fuck that, we're different.

I wish i were kidding. I find it ridiculous and saddening.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    French and French Canadian are very different things

it's like saying American Indian and Indian Subcontinent Indian are the same things

I know we're all joking here but I HAVE TO BE PEDANTIC

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Tox wrote:
    Also, @Inquisitor got your e-mail. Did you make any specific notes in the papers themselves, or just edits?

Just straight edits. I was thinking of putting my changes in red, but, then I realized that a lot of my editing was just deleting stuff or moving things around.
    Were you doing this in Word? Because word has a "Review" function that can track the changes you've made.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    Cass is way too anal to not be checking those

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    French Canadians? French Canadians are great! They're European, like french people, but without all the...European...en...ness.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2011
    man, religion can be really creepy and awful sometimes

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    You could also try @Rear Admiral Choco

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Quebecoatzl is totally a superhero/villain in my new comic book

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Tox wrote:
    Also, @Inquisitor got your e-mail. Did you make any specific notes in the papers themselves, or just edits?

Just straight edits. I was thinking of putting my changes in red, but, then I realized that a lot of my editing was just deleting stuff or moving things around.
    Were you doing this in Word? Because word has a "Review" function that can track the changes you've made.

Uhhh...I believe I was using open office, so..nope!

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote:
    Quebecoatzl

I'm not a mystical feathered serpent god of poutine.

• Options
    iReligion

opiate for the macs

• Options
    Eddy wrote:

it's like saying American Indian and Indian Subcontinent Indian are the same things

Pyongyang, that's in China right?

• Options
    Kagera wrote:
    You could also try @Rear Admiral Choco

about snack cakes, maybe

• Options
    Eddy wrote:
    Quebecoatzl

I'm not a mystical feathered serpent god of poutine.

Is that what's got you down?

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Tox wrote:

Open office has it too. :P

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    I like pretty much every Canadian person I've met.

I like the French.

Combine 'em.

Good times!

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Tox wrote:

God. You are such a word editor nerd.

• Options
    quebec french is apparently a lot like 1700s french

this is all I know about quebec

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Turns out in Canada a 5150 is called a Form 1.

Or something

http://www.sse.gov.on.ca/mohltc/ppao/fr/default.aspx

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    Senjutsu wrote:
    Eddy wrote:

Pyongyang, that's in China right?

(ノ゜ω゜)ノ彡┻━┻

• Options
    SO KAWAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIII

• Options
    All I know about Canada is that my ancestors fled there during the Revolution, because those bloody colonists drove them off their land, and out of their town.

I WANT REPARATIONS!

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote:
    Though chances are, most Canadians probably don't like me on account of being the wrong kind of Canadian. :(

No, but seriously, nobody gives a fuck where you're from, if you genuinely need help, you'll get it.

Also, no seriously, what's the wrong kind of Canadian? Is it...like....I got nothing....

French Canadian, that's the wrong kind of Canadian. Seriously, a lot of English Canadians have nothing but scorn for people who live in Quebec and happen to speak a different language because fuck that, we're different.

I ain't big on the French hate, at least not the for-reals hate

It is totally hilarious and fun to knock on French-Canadians if everyone present is aware you're joking, though

And especially when one of the friends knocking French-Canadians happens to be partially French-Canadian

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote:

All you know are lies, sir.

Seriously, Quebec French is to France French as American English is to British English.

It's the same relationship because the situation is much the same linguistically.

(I don't know how 1700s french was, but the language evolved since then on both sides of the ocean)

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Tox wrote:

God. You are such a word editor nerd.

Well, it's a pretty useful function. If you're going to edit people's stuff for them, it's probably a good idea to get in the habit of using it so they can see exactly what you changed.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Once I woke up and found out I could speak Haitian Creole

shit was wack

then I lost it all in a motorcycle accident

• Options
    Do I have to use it intentionally somehow VH?

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote:

All you know are lies, sir.

Seriously, Quebec French is to France French as American English is to British English.

It's the same relationship because the situation is much the same linguistically.

(I don't know how 1700s french was, but the language evolved since then on both sides of the ocean)

it sounds like 1700s french

and is close to some french dialect or other

I dunno

I never did pay that much attention in french class

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    if (lethargy, x > focus, y)
    print Adderall

hard work % focus = 0

:<

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    RANDOM CHARACTERS UP INS

• Options
    Tox wrote:

I ain't big on the French hate, at least not the for-reals hate

It is totally hilarious and fun to knock on French-Canadians if everyone present is aware you're joking, though

And especially when one of the friends knocking French-Canadians happens to be partially French-Canadian

I don't like it usually because I'm aware that, inevitably, some of the people who knock on me aren't just joking. And that breaks my heart. I'm really sensitive, too, so it doesn't help because guys aren't supposed to have thin skin. double whammy right there.

• Options
    When A Lack of Color was first played, my friends and I were all convinced it was the area code 703 instead of the time 7:03

still think the area code interpretation would have been pretty rad

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote:
    You want sad?

Here's sad.

Doomsday is supposedly MORE invulnerable than Superman.

How...that's NOT EVEN POSSIBLE! YOU ARE EITHER INVULNERABLE OR VULNERABLE! IF YOU CAN BE HARMED YOU ARE NOT INVULNERABLE!

ARRRGH.

Urgh. Comics are so bad. They're a moral failing.

I love hearing people rip on comics.

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    @21stCentury: I can tell you that if you're feeling really low, to the point where things look really hopeless, you should be able to go for voluntary psych admission. Cass checked herself into her hospital's ER and they took it from there a few years back when she was really having it rough. It may depend on the hospital, but it's worth checking out. Hang in there.

• Options
    tell me about snack cakes choco

what is the best one

• Options
    Are you a craven, ser, or a true and leal knight of your serjeant

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Do I have to use it intentionally somehow VH?

Yeah, it's pretty much just a button you click, though.

Like, you couldn't go back and have it show you the changes you've already made to a document. If you don't click "Track Changes" it won't track them.

Took me awhile to get in the habit of clicking that first thing on every document, but it's fairly essential for a lot of stuff, at least with technical writing.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Tox wrote:
    All I know about Canada is that my ancestors fled there during the Revolution, because those bloody colonists drove them off their land, and out of their town.

I WANT REPARATIONS!

Winter is coming.

We are even now Tox.

This discussion has been closed.