As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Congratulations! You have died! Dungeons of Dredmor

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    also my crossbow tinkering dead aim assassin made it to level 7

shit is getting pretty intense

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    What's the best thing to put in anvils of krong? I've just been tossing my fedora in all the anvils I find. I also like trading in artifacts from shops for xp and not getting in trouble.

It's a crapshoot for me... generally it is an item that can use improvement but I can also go without. I very seldom put weapons on there and am more likely to put rings or helms or boots. Rings most often, probably.

• Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    yeah it is way too risky to throw good weapons in there unless you are playing as indiana jones or are ballsy as fuck

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Napalm DonkeyNapalm Donkey Registered User regular
    Guess I'll keep doing it to my hat as right now it buffs almost all my stats. Just wasn't sure if it was a wast since there were better hats later or something.

4cgipuI.jpg
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I don't know, I have gotten great weapon improvements way more often than curses.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    look, anything you throw in a forge on the first couple levels is gonna get outdated at some point

this is why I usually stop myself from throwing the same thing in over and over again, because then I totally won't replace it when I totally need to because I am all "But I've had it since level 1!"

best thing is to maybe throw one or two on the hat, since it is the best one you will have for a while

then stick to rings and amulets and maybe armor if you are feeling lucky

and when you find something better, send it to the warehouse for some xp

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    If you're using shields and smithing you can generally craft a pretty decent one before you go down to level 2, throwing that on a few anvils can give it some really nice buffs, and you're unlikely to find anything better anytime soon, since anything that's a significant improvement over either the Heroic Bronze Aspis or the Runed Iron Skjoldr is pretty damn rare.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    note to self: froda's jump discontinuity is not to be relied upon as a means of escape.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    i upgrade the indiana jones hat and rings

does selling stuff to the Brax give you XP?

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote:
    does selling stuff to the Brax give you XP?

Nope.

so what's this XP selling thing that people are talking about?

I meant that you can pick up artifacts in shops and use it belongs in a museum and Brax won't think you shoplifted it.

4cgipuI.jpg
    ohhhhh ok I see

• redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    o nice
    didnt know that
    gonna be hockin' all the goods

That...that sounds like cheating.

I don't know if I approve.

have you played a roguelike before?
    dude, you do anything you can to survive

(aside from hacking saves, obv)

Yeah, but this feels a lot like something the developers never intended, so surely any high score gotten through using it is tainted?

In my head, at least.

redfenix wrote:
    have you played a roguelike before?
    dude, you do anything you can to survive

(aside from hacking saves, obv)

People were talking like the turning permadeath option is cheating earlier. This sounds way more like cheating

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2011
    It's not cheating if they designed that skill to be balanced around that ability. I'm not saying it is balanced, just that it's presumptuous to assume that the devs never intended it to work that way. If they fix it, then they agree it's broken. If they don't fix it, that suggests it's intentional. Time will tell.

I mean, I didn't see anyone in here calling the pyromancy skill cheating but they ended up nerfing fireball twice.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    I think the way Brax blocks the door as soon as you pick the item up it a bit telling, no?

• FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    Looking at the name of the skill, It could be reasoned that the part of skill itself is allowing you to convince Brax that the artifact does indeed belong in a museum

S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
    Fireball was so good. I haven't played since they nerfed it and I wonder what it is like now.

FlatEric wrote:
    Looking at the name of the skill, It could be reasoned that the part of skill itself is allowing you to convince Brax that the artifact does indeed belong in a museum

That's an angle I hadn't thought of, at all.

interesting.

• Ashaman42Ashaman42 Registered User regular
    Bought this earlier, levelled up a few times on my second game and then had a lockup/crash that lost half an hour or so of exploring. Decided to start a new game rather than carry on the crashed game. I've just had four new games in a row where I've not lasted any longer than a minute, on one of them I finished with zero points!

All good fun though.

• peterdevorepeterdevore Registered User regular
    Ideally a high score is tied to a certain version of the game and includes a full recording of the gameplay. Then there's simply no confusion as to what happened to achieve it and almost no way to hide exploiting. I won't say they need to put in all the effort for that here but that's commonly what all the other roguelikes with leaderboards do.

I guess it is a bug since the game checks your inventory for stolen items so if you consume/craft/turn into lutefisk etc an item then it will not detect it as being stolen.

4cgipuI.jpg
    Fyndir wrote:
    I think the way Brax blocks the door as soon as you pick the item up it a bit telling, no?

Again, until and unless the devs actually agree that it needs to be patched, your guess isn't any better than anyone else's.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Fyndir wrote:
    FlatEric wrote:

interesting.

Yeah, plus Brax is evil so what's the harm in stealing from his shop? He's hoarding artifacts! He didn't make those things! I bet he has Dredmore's minions bring him gear from the other adventurers they kill.

• NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Man, Unarmed Berserker Viking Blood Pyro Wizard is waaaaaay better than Mathemagical Necromiconomic Indiana Jones

I know everyone is done playing this, but i'm about to give it another go
    and wanted to tell the internet

I am not done playing it, I just haven't had anything worth telling the thread about lately, you know?

• A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    TankHammer wrote:
    Fyndir wrote:
    FlatEric wrote:

interesting.

Yeah, plus Brax is evil so what's the harm in stealing from his shop? He's hoarding artifacts! He didn't make those things! I bet he has Dredmore's minions bring him gear from the other adventurers they kill.

I know this is a way old argument, but I don't think it holds water. When you use the skill Brax stays in front of the door, so you have to pick up and drop something else to get him to move. Doesn't sound intentional.

• Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    I have finally found level 3. Made it through my second monster zoo and have almost mastered two skills. Bolts of mass destruction are great.

Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Necromiconmics start really paying off when you get get The Mark and Blood Pact
    I'm a murdering machine

I'm def still playing this, just not talking about it as much. Still haven't beat the game yet.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    I too am playing this still.

Just mastered the unarmed skill tree. The last skill is fantastic, I am literally kicking dudes faces in with the power of SPACE ENERGY.

S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
    edited July 2011
    i'm playing on easy, with saves.. gonna beat it that way and then work my way back up
    and i'm kicking so much ass
    haven't cleared floor 2 all the way yet and (please note that since that mace is in my inventory for the ss, it's not contributing to my damage yet there):

2vc6esx.jpg

redfenix on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    What's with that taped-on portion of your character menu? Is that something in the game normally?

Also, furthest I've made it so far in this game is fifth floor.

• BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    It happens when you have so many damage types it would scroll off the normal sized window.

Battletag BYToady#1454