As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pretty Blue Waters?

RhinoRhino TheRhinLOLRegistered User regular
edited July 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
You know all those photos that have sparkling pretty blue water and white sand beaches?

If I wanted to go to a place like that this winter, what would be some cheap options?
Cheap is relative here. I know it'll still be dam expensive.

I live in the USA and only speak English.

93mb4.jpg
Rhino on

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    virgin isles, haawaii..costa rica or puerto rico

camo_sig.png
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    The Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico has all that jazz and it's really inexpensive.

You can fly in to Cancun and then just head down the coast in a bus or taxi... Playa del Carmen is a nice touristy destination, or Puerto Morelos is a nice quiet, tiny town that doesn't get a lot of tourists.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • radroadkillradroadkill MDRegistered User regular
    Cheap? Florida panhandle.

2009220125646_4_AreaImage.jpg

Pensacola to Destin area. For the beach alone it's awesome. For lots of things to do... not so much.

• MidshipmanMidshipman Registered User regular
    Not sure on the current travel costs, but Costa Rica is super cheap once you are down there. Their beaches are amazing.

midshipman.jpg
  • Aurora BorealisAurora Borealis runs and runs and runs away BrooklynRegistered User regular
    Cheap might depend on which coast you're closer to.
    Hawaii, Virgin Islands, or Puerto Rico have the advantage of being in the US, so you won't need a passport.