As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

FIND THE MOVIE: Please help!

Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMABaton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
edited July 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
Ok, so I'm trying to remember the name of a movie.
I'm fuzzy on the details, but from what I DO remember, there were giant robots that had like gladiator-style fights, and there were people that drove them. I remember a lot of sand. And maybe one with a fist that shot out? But that may not be in there.

Anyway, sorry for the lack of info, but hopefully one of you knows what the hell im talking about.

Erin The Red on

• Options
    Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular
    from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    hitting hot metal with hammers
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    That maaaay be it. I seem to remember less uniform, and more dirty borderlands-style clothing on the pilots.
    But it's been so long, my recollection of it is minimal at best. I will have to try and netflix the movie and see if that's the one.
    I guess there aren't TOO many robot fighting movies, are there?
    Sadly.

• Options
    BushiBushi Registered User regular
    Could it be Robot Wars or Crash and Burn? I know they were robots fighting each other in the desert, at least.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    IIRC Crash and Burn only had one large robot. The main villains were android infiltrators.

The only one I can think of that fits the description is Robot Jox. Robot Wars was Humanoid Robot vs Scorpion Robot, but wasn't a gladiator style fight if that helps.

The last fight in Robot Jox had one of the pilots basically in street clothes, which might explain the clothing you remembered seeing.

Nobody on
  • Options
    helianthusddhelianthusdd Registered User new member
    It's Robot Jox.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I just checked. It is! Thank you, forumites!