As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Street Fighter X Tekken: Game out now. 12 characters DLC incoming. Day 1 patching.

• Fatboy RobertsFatboy Roberts Registered User regular
    The Capcom Unity stream on Ustream is showing live footage of people playing the comic-con build. They're not necessarily good, but the stream monsters are baying for non-stop Poison. Not necessarily to see how she plays, but to look at her ass. You'd think that maybe they just don't know - but they know. And they DON'T CARE.

• AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    Embrace diversity is all I'll say.

10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    The Capcom Unity stream on Ustream is showing live footage of people playing the comic-con build. They're not necessarily good, but the stream monsters are baying for non-stop Poison. Not necessarily to see how she plays, but to look at her ass. You'd think that maybe they just don't know - but they know. And they DON'T CARE.

Like I said before...DAT ASS! If anything, they really 'beefed' up her 'assets', which is why it seemed odd they might keep the manhood intact. All of the other work with him makes him out to be pretty flat/thin overall. Almost strung out.

I got it, this is 'post-op' Poison! :P

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    Masume wrote:

Like I said before...DAT ASS! If anything, they really 'beefed' up her 'assets', which is why it seemed odd they might keep the manhood intact. All of the other work with him makes him out to be pretty flat/thin overall. Almost strung out.

I got it, this is 'post-op' Poison! :P
    Ono wrote:
    Let's set the record straight: in North America, Poison is officially a post-op transsexual. But in Japan, she simply tucks her business away to look female.

But again, why does it matter?

wAgWt.jpg
    edited July 2011
    Pancake wrote:

Because it draws everyone in to secretly make them desire transexuals? Could be that, or it could be that it's creepy?

Who cares, either way everyone will be staring for a few weeks before it becomes old hat, but it's a topic that will surface regarding the character and it's infamous background.

It's more hilarious if you can find someone who didn't know about it. ;)

Masume on
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Fatboy RobertsFatboy Roberts Registered User regular
    Masume wrote:
    Pancake wrote:

Because it draws everyone in to secretly make them desire transexuals? Could be that, or it could be that it's creepy?

Which one of those is supposed to be a joke?

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Skab wrote:

This was one of the best trailers I've seen in a long while. The whole thing just got me pumped. So much manly men and womanly men. And that teaser at the end....

Profound Happiness

Masume wrote:
    Pancake wrote:

Which one of those is supposed to be a joke?

I think the joke was long killed. Congrats to all involved.

As for the trailer Prof, I agree, it got things off to a great start when previously I had mild interest in the series. Still though, need more gameplay!

Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    That trailer is a joke. Hagger is the goddamn Mayor of Earth.

• SketchMonkeySketchMonkey New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Ranced wrote:
    whatthe.jpg

Wow, just wow.

This is definitely on my radar now. Are the water effects similiar to SF IV's ink blots?

SketchMonkey on
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    that image is still fantastic

7yh4xczljsym.png
    This definitely is on my radar now. Are the water effects similiar to SF IV's ink blots?

Check out some gameplay trailers on G4, it looks pretty nice actually. The problem is that it needs to change things up a bit from SF4 to really last, and all we've seen so far is the tag team combo gimmicks. Not bad, but it needs more.

Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    spoiler is relevant:
    20110718.jpg

I like poison. If Karin dosn't make it in I'll go Poison/Lili.

And Hugo on the side.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    Masume wrote:
    This definitely is on my radar now. Are the water effects similiar to SF IV's ink blots?

Check out some gameplay trailers on G4, it looks pretty nice actually. The problem is that it needs to change things up a bit from SF4 to really last, and all we've seen so far is the tag team combo gimmicks. Not bad, but it needs more.

it plays almost like a mix of sf and marvel from what I can tell, control wise and whatnot

more offense based + easier combos. looks hella fun

and if it plays out as such I can just rock cody/hugo and never play sfiv ever again

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • SketchMonkeySketchMonkey New YorkRegistered User regular
    Masume wrote:

it plays almost like a mix of sf and marvel from what I can tell, control wise and whatnot

more offense based + easier combos. looks hella fun

and if it plays out as such I can just rock cody/hugo and never play sfiv ever again

I see this and if thats the case, it would only enhance the game, in my eyes anyways.

Also, there's gameplay footage of a Poison/Cammy tag-team and its totally ass-tastic.

• AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    IT's a mix of SF + tekken more than marvel.

Strangely enough. :P

10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Sweet ass cinematic trailer.
    But how the hell does the Mayor of Earth get beaten by a suplex?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Love the song in that trailer.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    redfield85 wrote:

Well then here it is for you.

Cody and Guy have me sold. My two most-played SSF4 characters in SF x Tekken? Yes please.

• hadokenhadoken Registered User regular
    If Blanka/T-Hawk/Gief make it in this game i am sold. Who am i kidding, <3 King <3 is enough for me.

• JorilJoril BelgiumRegistered User regular
    So, Hogu, Poison, Haggar, Cody and Guy are all originally from Final Fight. So was Rolento who was in SF alpha. Maki from Final Fight 2 was in Alpha 3 for GBA (and later psp). That leaves out Carlos from FF2. What ever happened to him?

Anyway, the trailer looks awesome. Part fan service, part good business. So I hope they take it to the PC market. And that's all I have to say about that.

bonesnacksig.jpg
  • GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    This was one of the best trailers I've seen in a long while. The whole thing just got me pumped. So much manly men and womanly men.

"Now we fight like MEN! And WOMEN! And WOMEN WHO DRESS LIKE MEN!!!

. . .

Oh, wait, that last part's the other way 'round. *shudder*

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    spoiler is relevant:
    20110718.jpg

I like poison. If Karin dosn't make it in I'll go Poison/Lili.

And Hugo on the side.

Yeah. Here's to hoping if they're willing to add Poison they might be willing to add Karin, was disappointed she didn't make it into SF4.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    dc11de008df3fc708643348.jpg

Is that Sodom's truck from Alpha 2?

acpRlGW.jpg
  • SciJoSciJo Registered User regular
    blaze_zero wrote:
    That trailer is a joke. Hagger is the goddamn Mayor of Earth.

Mayor of Earth? Where'd you pull that from?

edited July 2011
    In joke from MVC3. A strong but otherwise normal human Wrestler defeating Galactus and becomes the Mayor of the Earth.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
  • SciJoSciJo Registered User regular
    Ah, forgot all about that.

Well that game looks cool, and if it really has been confirmed for PC then I'll probably end up picking it up for that.

I personally don't get why they were so opposed to Dan that they killed him off in the game universe though.

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Dunxco wrote:
    redfield85 wrote:

Well then here it is for you.

Cody and Guy have me sold. My two most-played SSF4 characters in SF x Tekken? Yes please.

All the songs used in the trailers have been awesome so far.

I just hope they're actually in the game, unlike SFIV's "Street Fighter War" commercial.

• WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I am still holding out for Rolento/Sodom in this game. The clues point to at least Sodom right?
    Either way with Hugo/Poison Cody/Guy this game already has my wish list fulfilled.

Walt on
  • RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    So the story is Shadowloo vs the Mishima whatever company from Tekken. This would be unimportant but it pretty much confirms Bison. No way they can have a story like that without the dude.

yay!

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201107/31047661.html

Teasers pointing to Ibuki and Kuma. (yay)

acpRlGW.jpg
  • WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    If Kuma is in, that basically means Zangief is in.

I mean, Capcom's doing some major trolling if the bear is there but the bear wrestler isn't.

Ibuki -> Makoto as a partner?
    Kuma -> Paul, I guess?
    Zangief -> story wise, the only fighters I remember closely associating with Gief is E.Honda, R. Mika, and possibly El Fuerte.

Maybe Sakura paired up with Ibuki. With Asuka/Lili.

Gief and Rufus maybe?

acpRlGW.jpg
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    redfield85 wrote:

Most of Hollywood Undead's stuff is really catchy and well produced.

J3qcnBP.png
  • RestartRestart Registered User regular
    Playstation Blog and GameTrailers interviews with Ono.

Talks about Mega Man in part II of the GameTrailers one for some reason.

spritesWalk.gif
  • Baka_ShadeBaka_Shade Registered User regular
    New trailer from Gamescon, has a nice summary of the game mechanics so far ("pick teams other than Ryu/Ken, Kazuya/Nina etc." listed as a feature! How innovative! :P) and reveals for Hugo, Raven, Ibuki, and Kuma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6qBYkTJ6lE

Hard to make out, but I'm thinking that's Elena with Ibuki.

kanpilgrimsigfinal2.png
  • AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    If Poison is confirmed, does that mean we get a Hugo cameo?

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    You... didn't watch that video, did you?

I'm laughing my ass off @ kuma

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    blaze_zero wrote:
    You... didn't watch that video, did you?

Which?

EDIT: See it now.

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass