As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Who Wants To Play Some [Cowboys and Aliens]?

124»

• Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    I saw this movie yesterday and I had a great time. Craig's fight scenes were brutal. It was not a perfect film, but it was really enjoyable and I recommend you guys watch it, because I haven't had as much fun in a movie theatre in a long time.

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I want to eat a handful of psilocybin mushrooms and go see this thing.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Druhim wrote:
    I still don't see how this is any more ridiculous than 300. That 300 is loosely based on history is pretty much irrelevant. There's nothing realistic about 300.

The point isn't that 300 looks ridiculous, the point is that The Immortals looks like a shitty cash-in 300 ripoff.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Saw this today, it was alright. It coulda been a lot better.

• fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    Saw this today, it was alright. It coulda been a lot better.

this is pretty much how i felt.

dang Favreau, you've got Han Solo AND James Bond on your cast. there was a ton of potential.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    And Sam Rockwell. And Clancy Brown. And Keith Carradine. And Walton Goggins.

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Druhim wrote:
    I still don't see how this is any more ridiculous than 300. That 300 is loosely based on history is pretty much irrelevant. There's nothing realistic about 300.

The point isn't that 300 looks ridiculous, the point is that The Immortals looks like a shitty cash-in 300 ripoff.

300 was a cash-in 300 ripoff.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    The one thing i liked about 300 was that i saw it more as the story teller exaggerating events, less then "they fought like a giant, super rhinos and shit"

Unless it was supposed to be literal, and whats his face fought a troll, then that's just lame.

• FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    I liked Cowboys and Aliens a lot. Sure it had a few missteps, but it was fun and I liked the actors.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    so this movie was pretty okay

it wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible either

had some fun bits, and some odd bits

I had an idea though that I think would have improved one bit
    if when Olivia Wilde had been injured, instead of the indians tossing her on the fire which heals her somehow, I thought she should have pulled out a GPS to lead them to her ship which had been shot down by the bad aliens where she could get medical help and also some alien rifles which would have enabled the townspeople to fight the bad aliens better

• FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    Is it funny that a thought I had at the start was
    "Huh, Olivia Wilde kind of looks like an alien anyway. Funny." Then she was the alien.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote:
    I am going to pretend that the last 3 years in terms of Hollywood movie news didn't happen

There's no Battleship movie, no Monopoly movie, no Total Recall remake, no M Night Shyamalan film trilogy occurring, etc.

My faith in humanity depends on my pretending none of this stuff is happening. Please, nobody ruin this for me.

You'd also miss Star Trek, the Marvel movies, Scoot Pilgort, Source Code, the new Winnie The Pooh...

Harsh price for the ignorance.

also I saw some Total Remake footage at Comic-Con and it actually looked pretty okay

• BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    Belruel wrote:
    'lol, and ninjas and pirates fight! LOL!'

Don't be spoiling the sequel damn it.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    FROM THE MAKERS OF BATTLESHIP:

FOLGERS CLASSIC ROAST

"FUCK IT, YOU'RE FAMILIAR WITH THAT TOO, RIGHT?"

the best part of waking up, september 2013

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote:
    Druhim wrote:

300 was a cash-in 300 ripoff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14

[IMG][/img]
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    300 was a sexy movie

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

if when Olivia Wilde had been injured, instead of the indians tossing her on the fire which heals her somehow, I thought she should have pulled out a GPS to lead them to her ship which had been shot down by the bad aliens where she could get medical help and also some alien rifles which would have enabled the townspeople to fight the bad aliens better
    Or just not have some stupid good alien that gives pointless exposition and saves the day, and instead have the cowboys win with pure grit and ruggedness

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    A movie just being ok isn't really enough to motivate me to go pay $10 or so to see it in a theater. That's basically telling me to wait till it's on netflix.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    I paid $6 to see it at the cheap theater. I'd say it's worth about that much.

• DurkhanusDurkhanus Commander Registered User regular
    I liked it. It did not make me fall asleep.

In my opinion, it is worth one viewing. It does not make me want to own it.

• pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Went to see this today.

The intro credited around five people for the screenplay. That set off alarm bells. And it turned out that those fears were justified.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me

Or just not have some stupid good alien that gives pointless exposition and saves the day, and instead have the cowboys win with pure grit and ruggedness
    but then we'd have no feminine sex appeal!

• IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    Going to watch James Bond and Indiana Jones kill some aliens in 30 minutes.

xet8c.gif
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular

you mean they can't stop the aliens from raping the horses and riding out on the women?

• pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Also who the fuck watched The Last Airbender and thought, "You know, Noah Ringer really brings his character to life! Let's put him alongside Craig and Ford, that movie will be unstoppable!"

Jesus, his character had no fucking purpose.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
    you know what else would have been a cool direction to take this movie
    make the aliens more humanoid, just like tall, pale, weird people who wear wide-brimmed hats and ponchos and only come out at night

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    this movie was alright

it was kind of a mess, but I definitely wasn't bored like some of you guys were

I don't really get complaints about the pace, in particular, because it didn't seem that much slower than a lot of other westerns I've seen

edited July 2011

Just have the sexy cowgirl be a sexy cowgirl and not an alien!

She was with him on the ship and helped him escape and has been trying to find him and is surprised that he has no memory of her. Bam same exact character without all the extraneous horseshit.

is there a person on earth wants to see a movie called Cowboys and Aliens and have it end with someone other than the cowboys beating the aliens

Speed Racer on
  • DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    Also who the fuck watched The Last Airbender and thought, "You know, Noah Ringer really brings his character to life! Let's put him alongside Craig and Ford, that movie will be unstoppable!"

So that Harrison Ford can give him a knife with the unspoken agreement
    “You’ll use this in the third act to kill an alien.”

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

Who the fuck watched The Last Airbender

Sweeney Tom on

Who the fuck watched The Last Airbender

$320 million worth of people

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited August 2011

She was with him on the ship and helped him escape and has been trying to find him and is surprised that he has no memory of her. Bam same exact character without all the extraneous horseshit.

is there a person on earth wants to see a movie called Cowboys and Aliens and have it end with someone other than the cowboys beating the aliens
    that's the story though, that is how the graphic novel goes

Langly on
    Langly wrote:

that's the story though, that is how the graphic novel goes
    Oh

I don't care at all