As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Doctor Who help - CAN BE LOCKED

ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
edited July 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
I've heard a lot of great things about this show and I intend to watch it. However, I've done some research and have found that the show goes back a few decades.

I honestly do not know where to start. Is it necessary that I watch the show from the very beginning? Is that even possible with the show being as old as it is? Are the seasons interconnected at all or is each season it's own doctor and it's own story?

Also, if I'm not able to start at the very beginning of the show, which season should I start at?

Thanks for the help.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
ChillyWilly on

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Basically the accepted idea is to start with the 9th Doctor (Christopher Eccleston) in the 2005 relaunch is the series. Things start off a bit slow but by the time you've reached the 10th Doctor (David Tennant) you should know if you like the show or not.

I believe that if you go to the Doctor Who thread there should be some suggested episodes to watch to get an idea for the show without seeing any spoilers.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Yeah, from 2005 onwards it's pretty much it's own story, with a few callbacks to earlier decades for older fans.
    If you're completely new to the show I don't think you'll miss much by not getting the references. :)

• Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    Start at either 2005 or 2010. Both are good jumping-on points, and even if you don't like the 2005-9 RTD era, you might still like the current run that began last year, as the styles are fairly different.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/20005742#Comment_20005742

Here you go. Courtesy of @Bethryn .

I would pick a few random episodes from that list and give them a look and then if you think you watch the series just go from the beginning.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Sounds like 2005 is where I'll start. Thanks for the help.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
This discussion has been closed.