As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mark Waid back on the Flash

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    My prediction is Barry will save him by intercepting them before they reach the afterlife, and Wally appears to run him back to the world of the living.

If that doesn't happen, Wally returns or the Legion calls down the lightning to bring Barry back.

Or they could rescue his soul, and Barry stays in a never ending battle against Death to make sure he can't chase down Bart, then the Legion ressurect Barry not knowing that Bart is fucked. A general OH SHIT! moment ensues as we have multiple Flash's operating at once, with split stories as one goes to JLA, the other 2 stay in Flash (say Barry and Bart work on evading Death) like in GLC.

Yeah I know none of that is very good or ideal, but hasn't Bart suffered enough bullshit from crappy writers? I'm grasping at straws as to how they can somehow not kill him without going back on their "No one comes back from the dead for quite a while" statements. Then again, depending on whoever the Legion brings bak will technically ruin that statement unless it's a Legion member that comes back to life.

I like that actually. Barry told Wally he would be there on the 3 worst days of his life, did we ever get to see the 3rd one?

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I don't usually follow Flash happenings, but now every time they kill someone I'm afraid the replacement is going to be someone that has no business being the replacement.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Guys.

A. If they were going to kill Bart they probably wouldn't make it THAT obvious.

B. I doubt they're going to let him go out by being beaten to death by the fucking Rogues.

Furu on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I don't usually follow Flash happenings, but now every time they kill someone I'm afraid the replacement is going to be someone that has no business being the replacement.

They've been looking for something for Jason Todd to do, and I think he'd be a great fit that provides a unique approach to the classic character.

I mean instead of being really fast, he can just slow other people down by shooting them in their kneecaps.

We're reinventing the wheel.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited June 2007
    Furu wrote: »
    Guys.

B. I doubt they're going to let him go out by being beaten to death by the fucking Rogues.

Uh, whats wrong with the Rogues? They are awesome.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Guys.

It's just kind of anti-climactic.

I mean, what if Batman died after getting a bullet to the head from the Joker?

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Guys.

They're interesting characters, yes, but they're just not going to win here.

The Flashes have always been about sacrifice and loss in many different ways, and I SERIOUSLY doubt it's going to go "Barry died alone and almost forgotten saving reality, Wally lost his first kid to a lunatic he helped create, and Bart...got fucked over by his evil clone and beat to death by some low-level superthugs."

Furu on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I hope Barry stays dead.

DouglasDanger on
    edited June 2007
    I dont really think you can consider them low level after the Johns run.

I mean if it was like Mirror Master or whoever individually yeah thats lame, but as a group they are incredibly formidable.

And you know Wally and Barry saved his twins from Zoom right? They are alive.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Ordinarily I'd think that cover was misdirection or just symbolic, but between the 52 covers with Question and Booster dead, and the Countdown cover with Batman holding an obviously dead Blue Beetle, I'm pretty sure DC's stopped being real subtle when it comes to forecasting who's getting whacked next.

Munch on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Even though Booster lived.

And wound up with a new series.

But fuck Bart anways. Let's bring back a real Flash, with some real writers.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I hope Barry comes back in the issue

only to die again.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited June 2007
    killed by Parallax Hal

Garlic Bread on
    edited June 2007
    killed by zombie ted kord.

who explodes afterwards.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited June 2007
    into a rainbow of AIDS and minorities

Garlic Bread on
    edited June 2007
    these minorities replace everyone else that was in the Giffen Justice League.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited June 2007
    :roll:

I got nothin'

Bad Karma on
    edited June 2007
    pretty soon Mary's costume isn't going to be the only thing that's black about her

Garlic Bread on
    edited June 2007
    Would a racist react negatively to Bart being replaced by a fictional minority?

Or even an alien, like Kilowog?

Would a homophobe get all pissed if Danny the Street became Flash?

Though he's Danny the World now, and he's probably more concerned with getting a piece of Mogo's giant ass.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited June 2007
    What the hell..

Bad Karma on
    edited June 2007
    Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited June 2007

No, I mean what the hell to everything else.

Bad Karma on
    edited June 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »

No, I mean what the hell to everything else.

Thing went back to DC replacing white mainstay characters with new minority versions, so I wondered if someone who's bothered by Captain Whatever being replaced by a black guy would react in more or less the same fashion upon seeing that Captain Whatever had been replaced by a giant alien pink guy with stuff all over his face, seeing as how both are technically minorities.

And, similarly, if replacing a popular character with new, gay version would be the same as replacing such a character with a new, gay version who also happens to be a stretch of roadway.

Generally, do racism and homophobia extend to fictional examples of minorities and homosexuals that bear little resemblance to real life examples?

And then I began to wonder if Danny the World would ever try to hook up with Mogo. I mean, with only two sentient worlds in the universe, you'd think it'd be inevitable for one to make a move on the other.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Karma I'm torn

it's like

sometimes you're nice and cool

and sometimes you're a dick in the vein of Brainiac or Algertman or the other guy who's name I cannot remember

fuck bringing back Barry, seriously. Quit whining about people being angry over character assassinations, you're just happy because the staff at DC is jerking off all over your favorite characters

in a good way

Sars_Boy on
    edited June 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote: »

Karma I'm torn

it's like

sometimes your nice and cool

and sometimes you're a dick

fuck bringing back Barry, seriously. Quit whining about people being angry over character assassinations, you're just happy because the staff at DC is jerking off all over your favorite characters

in a good way

Barry Allen isn't my favorite character. Hell, I wouldnt even put him in my top ten. Anything else fussy britches?

Bad Karma on
    edited June 2007
    yes, why do you insist on acting like Terrorbyte nowadays?

Sars_Boy on
    edited June 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    yes, why do you insist on acting like Terrorbyte nowadays?

Last time I checked I havent been posting odd pictures of asian women with crab armored strap ons and naked centaurs.

Bad Karma on
    edited June 2007
    actually I never saw that

so um

I guess what I'm trying to really say is fuck you

Bart Allen is a great character who has been plagued by terrible writing as of late

Sars_Boy on
    edited June 2007
    bad karma is the crotchety old republican man that doesn't mow his lawn but yells at you when you try to catch the pokemon in it

Garlic Bread on
    edited June 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    bad karma is the crotchety old republican man that doesn't mow his lawn but yells at you when you try to catch the pokemon in it

Actually I'm a democrat, my lawn was just cut yesterday, and I love my Turtwig.

Bad Karma on
    edited June 2007
    Yes your Turtwig.

God forbid anyone else want to catch some pokemon in your tall grass.

I mean, if you didn't want that, why have grass at all?

Poketease.

That's what you are.

A poketease.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited June 2007
    But I don't want to care about your Turtwig, or her Turtwig. Or anyone elses Turtwig.

I just want my Turtwig.

Bad Karma on
  • BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Wow. 13 issues and done. Kinda sad, really.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2007
    Why don't you just join Team Galaxy you selfish, selfish bastard?

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited June 2007
    I water his head once a day...

Bad Karma on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I predict that Barry comes back and says " Bart I am the flash now" then dies. Then Wally comes and says " I am the Flash..." and dies. Then Jay comes and says " I am the" and dies. And then Bart just explodes and the title gets passed onto the twins, who are shot in the head.

Bloods End on
    edited June 2007
    Bloods End wrote: »
    I predict that Barry comes back and says " Bart I am the flash now" then dies. Then Wally comes and says " I am the Flash..." and dies. Then Jay comes and says " I am the" and dies. And then Bart just explodes and the title gets passed onto the twins, who are shot in the head.

Paving the way for the new Jesse Quick solo book.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2007

cancelled after issue 4.

Zoom will be the new Flash.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited June 2007

cancelled after issue 4.

And a resurrected Wally will be the new Reverse Flash, a character so popular that he warrants his own solo series.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited June 2007

cancelled after issue 4.

And a resurrected Wally will be the new Reverse Flash, a character so popular that he warrants his own solo series.

He will be a lethal protector.

He will also carry guns.

the 90s will live again

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg