As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sad Thread (Cheering Up Thread)

• MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Heh

coccus

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Edcrab wrote:
    Hunter wrote:
    Dog bites are a little more serious, considering their mouths can contain bacteria that will EAT YOUR FLESH

A dog has fewer bacteria in their mouth than you.

Also, moose bites can be pretty nasty.

What if one of them is streptococcus

Fewer does not necessarily mean less dangerous

If the dog has ebola-HIV-cancer-hantavirus then yes, you're right.

Also, beware of lycanthropy.

Veretas wrote:
    Moose will fuck you up

A moose once bit my sister

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Beware of lycanthropy? Shit, if I knew that was a possibility I'd ask him to bite me again

I already did the superhero joke god dammit Hunter

BdVvFJu.jpg
    Being a lycanthrope sounds very not at all fun at all

BdVvFJu.jpg
    But a were-corgi sounds both adorable and frightening.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    That's just because you don't have a taste for human flesh yet

Try some

• EndEnd Registered User regular
    he was bit by a cancerous dog

he is

cancerdogman

cancerdogman, cancerdogman
    does whatever a cancer dog can
    he got a big ass tumor
    it's not just a rumor
    oh dear god its cancerdogman

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
    If you turned into a were-corgi, and then went to a furry convention, I wonder what would happen.

ahahahaha that last line caught me off guard ahahahahahaha

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Hunter wrote:
    Edcrab wrote:
    Hunter wrote:
    Dog bites are a little more serious, considering their mouths can contain bacteria that will EAT YOUR FLESH

A dog has fewer bacteria in their mouth than you.

Also, moose bites can be pretty nasty.

What if one of them is streptococcus

Fewer does not necessarily mean less dangerous

If the dog has ebola-HIV-cancer-hantavirus then yes, you're right.

Also, beware of lycanthropy.

I GODDAMN KNEW IT!

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
    Hunter wrote:
    If you turned into a were-corgi, and then went to a furry convention, I wonder what would happen.

I'd get raped by the were-Great Dane

• DaricDaric Registered User regular
    Hunter wrote:
    Daric wrote:
    You should never stick your hands near a dog's mouth when it doesn't want to let go of what it has, why would you ever do that and not expect to get bitten? My old dog was the sweetest thing in the world, but if you tried to take something out of her mouth, she was not going to have it.

By all means, run to the hospital and take the dog back, but that's a cowardly move.

I assure you it's possible to properly train a dog to let go of anything when given the command to do so. I've done it with hunting dogs. Several times. I've seen countless other dogs do it with items from dead animals, balls, toys, and occasionally live animals. Reach right out, grab the item, give command, and the dog is happy to let it go.

Again, it's a training thing and the dog needs to see you as pack leader or alpha. In nature, a subordinate dog will give up anything up to and including food to their pack leader or face the consequences.

Yeah, I'm agreeing with you. We're on the same page here. He obviously has done no training with this dog (since he's had it for a day) so sticking his hand near its mouth was a dumb idea.

That's why I like getting puppies over older dogs. Puppies have no bad habits or fears that you need to train them out of. My two dogs don't give a shit what you do to them. I can stick my hand in and out of their mouths all day long and they'll never bite. They don't like it when you give them eskimo kisses but, then again, who does?

cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
    Yeah okay guys I get it it was dumb of me

I understand

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Hunter wrote:
    Veretas wrote:
    Moose will fuck you up

JEFqF.png

Wow you're getting mileage out of that real quick

BdVvFJu.jpg
    i love it

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Hunter wrote:
    Veretas wrote:
    Moose will fuck you up

No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse
    with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given
    her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and
    star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo
    Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst
    Nordfink".

hey nerds someone make a userscript that replaces a regular :^: with JEFqF.png

• SegSeg Registered User regular
    Yeah okay guys I get it it was dumb of me

I understand

It would have sucked if the dog were eating and one of your kids had gotten near it.

It's the trade off for adopting an older dog. It's going to take time and training. It's very possible and it could be the greatest dog ever.

Also, it could be a lesson in pain. My advice is if you're worried or don't want the headache now, giving the animal back sooner is way better than waiting. Not every dog is a fit for every family, it's just a fact. It's probably the number 1 reason people get puppies over older dogs too. Easier to socialize and set up a foundation with.

If you're going to stick through it, sign up for a training class right away and try to apply the submission techniques. If you have to wear gloves or a thick sweat shirt, so be it. The dog will learn over time. It's up to you if you're willing to invest the time. Also, if everyone in the house isn't on board, then rethink things. It hurts, but even one person not reinforcing the training can cause a dog to just keep doing the things you don't want.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Sara Lynn wrote:
    If you take the dog back, please don't get another.

Fair enough. Although I really didn't try to force my hand in its mouth, I just sort of moved my hand close to his face non-aggressively trying to coax him to drop it.

I'm at the emergency room right now.

When we first got our dog, I tried to take a jar of peanut butter away from her. She snapped and snarled at me and I beat the shit out of her. Ever since then she's a perfect little angel.

I mean, aside from eating our slippers all the damned time.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    my grandma has Alzheimer's

We're not allowed to visit her cause she gets frustrated and throws things around the home.

I'm not even sure if she realized my dad died two years ago.

also, protip, before buying a dog, lrn2dog

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
    edited August 2011
    Hunter wrote:
    It's the trade off for adopting an older dog. It's going to take time and training. It's very possible and it could be the greatest dog ever.

Also, it could be a lesson in pain. My advice is if you're worried or don't want the headache now, giving the animal back sooner is way better than waiting. Not every dog is a fit for every family, it's just a fact. It's probably the number 1 reason people get puppies over older dogs too. Easier to socialize and set up a foundation with.

If you're going to stick through it, sign up for a training class right away and try to apply the submission techniques. If you have to wear gloves or a thick sweat shirt, so be it. The dog will learn over time. It's up to you if you're willing to invest the time. Also, if everyone in the house isn't on board, then rethink things. It hurts, but even one person not reinforcing the training can cause a dog to just keep doing the things you don't want.

This is pretty much where I'm at. I'm not going to cover up for the dog and pretend like it doesn't have food aggression, and my wife deserves to know that this is the case. We didn't know before (even though he seemed perfectly fine with our hands around the food bowl before). If she is leery about it, even given training, it's irresponsible of me to keep him. He should go into the corgi rescue program.

joshofalltrades on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    Josh this new dog doesn't seem to be going too well

xmassig2.gif

Hi Shoe how are you today

Smart Hero wrote:

You revealed that you were a nerd yourself the moment you said "userscript"

BdVvFJu.jpg
    josh gimme your dog (I'm kidding I can't get a dog right now)

but I want your dog

Bacon is the best dog

he only has cuddle aggression and kisses rabies

Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    I'M WORKING ON IT

This is what my first attempt looked like
    langly-oops.png

Smart Hero wrote:
    josh gimme your dog (I'm kidding I can't get a dog right now)

but I want your dog

Sorry you're going to have to wait because orange and white fur is growing out of my palms right now and AROOOOOOOOOOO

Hunter wrote:

This is pretty much where I'm at. I'm not going to cover up for the dog and pretend like it doesn't have food aggression, and my wife deserves to know that this is the case. We didn't know before (even though he seemed perfectly fine with our hands around the food bowl before). If she is leery about it, even given training, it's irresponsible of me to keep him. He should go into the corgi rescue program.

Good for you. Don't let pride, guilt, or the looks of the rescue people make you do something that's not the best for you or your family. Also, don't give up on dog ownership, or specifically corgis. Every dog is different.

The only dog I've ever had to give up on and return because it didn't work out was surprisingly a wiener dog. I've owned and trained german shepards, schnauzers, and bulldogs which are all hard headed, stubborn dogs. Loyal as hell and smart, but so fucking stubborn.

I couldn't get the dachshund to properly view me as leader, and it lead to him pissing all over the place. I had him poop trained in like 3 weeks, but the pissing was out of control, and was a marking/dominate type of thing. It was tough, but I had to let him go. He was smart, friendly as hell, and cute, but I couldn't get through to him. Such is life.

• Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular

Hi Shoe how are you today

oh I'm fine

I'm sorry you're having rotten dog luck

I hope your dog turns nice or that you manage to find a nice dog and also that this dog doesn't end up on the chopping block

it's sad when dogs die

or cats

I like cats more, actually

xmassig2.gif
    oh my god tiny turtle with tinier hand

*dies*

edited August 2011
    oh my god turtle with tiny turtle for a hand with tinier hand

*dies again*

Abracadaniel on
    edited August 2011
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    oh my god tiny turtle with tinier hand

*dies*

okay here we go: http://cornhooves.org/dump/pa-stuff/js/langly-thumbs-up.user.js

it touches your sig too so now you have double langlies

edit: it doesn't work when new posts show up when it loads more posts when you post, but I'm too lazy to fix that

End on
    edited August 2011
    Ahahaha look at the sig

Turtle with tiny turtle head with a tinier hand

e;fb

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    Welp just walked into the apartment with the ex finally moved out.

Stuff I forgot she would take

the mirror,
    the bathroom garbage can
    the balcony carpet

fuuuuucking heeellllll

least she didn't take the brooms.

I feel sad but also a little elated. can't wait for my new bed to arrive tomorrow... oh shit I also need blankets and sheets and curtains

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    So... what happened Josh? Still got the dog?

Has the dog gone full crazy and is currently holding you hostage?

Oh brilliant