As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

D&D 360 Thread (All games Will does not like are for girls.)

• 3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    celery77 wrote: »
    I am shooting for 2 PST on Saturday and have explicitly cleared that part of my schedule to get some games in. Y'all better not let me down.

I just hope you can handle the dissapointment of being repeatedly violated with a chainsaw bayonet.

3lwap0 on
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    3lwap0 wrote: »
    I am shooting for 2 PST on Saturday and have explicitly cleared that part of my schedule to get some games in. Y'all better not let me down.

I just hope you can handle the dissapointment of being repeatedly violated with a chainsaw bayonet.
    But you always cut me so tender, 3lwap0.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I'm about to go get myself a nice breakfast of eggs and pancakes with which to commence the ass-whooping, y'all best be prepared.

edited June 2007
    Myself and my bud who's down this weekend are gonna be on XBL at about 4:45ish or so. We'll start inviting whomever is on, and ready to go I guess.

3lwap0 on
    edited June 2007
    Elkamil wrote: »
    Prepare to get your asses whopped.

It's 5, and I see you've decided to not show up. Know this - from this day forth, you shall be known as Elkmailia the Feminine, ruler of Noshowupistan.

Unless you show up, then I can give that title to Will. ;)

3lwap0 on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2007
    I forgot ok. And I'm updating my computer, right now.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited June 2007
    Good game everyone. Wicked good time.

3lwap0 on
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Yeah, hella fun. We gotta do it soon again.

Haphazard on
    edited June 2007
    Word -- I swear one day I really want to be able to face off against a team of the D&D mods and sate all my faux-revolutionary desires here. I know ElJeffe has kids and all, but I mean video games are important too.

edited June 2007
    I have yet to play with the Jeffe. When I see him on, he's always just playing Guitar Hero.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited June 2007
    I have yet to play with the Jeffe. When I see him on, he's always just playing Guitar Hero.
    Yeah well apparently you can't even be bothered to play with us any more. Hap's chainsaw-happiness got you shook or what?

edited June 2007
    The friend who's vistiting me watched our whole session. He was laughing and laughing and laughing...

Good times.

Haphazard on
    edited June 2007
    Haphazard wrote: »
    The friend who's vistiting me watched our whole session. He was laughing and laughing and laughing...

Good times.

Darqueling and I split screened, he was on the couch across from me. I've never come close to physical violence in my home before, but I debated it. He thought it was hilarious. I thought I could claim temporary insanity before the judge.

"Your honor, he was being a real fag. He shot me the foot with a fucking sniper rifle." *gavel slam* "Not guilty!"

3lwap0 on
    edited June 2007
    3lwap0 wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »

Good times.

Darqueling and I split screened, he was on the couch across from me. I've never come close to physical violence in my home before, but I debated it. He thought it was hilarious. I thought I could claim temporary insanity before the judge.

"Your honor, he was being a real fag. He totally camped me." *gavel slam* "Not guilty!"

:lol:

Should we do this again on a Saturday, he might even join in.

Haphazard on
    edited June 2007
    Yeah well apparently you can't even be bothered to play with us any more. Hap's chainsaw-happiness got you shook or what?

I'm backing up my files so I could upgrade to Vista, and can't connect the xbox to the laptop.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited June 2007

I'm backing up my files so I could upgrade to Vista, and can't connect the xbox to the laptop.
    ^^ shook one ^^

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited June 2007

Weak.

And "upgrading" to Vista has to be some sort of fucking euphemism.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited June 2007
    So none of you picke dup Shadowrun.

Anyone planning on picking up Darkness? It drops today and looks to have decent mutliplayer.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited June 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »

Anyone planning on picking up Darkness? It drops today and looks to have decent mutliplayer.

Yes, I did and *sigh* yes, I probably will. :P

Haphazard on
    edited June 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »

I played the demo and I wasn't sold. I really wanted to like it, but I just couldn't shake the feeling that if they had an extra 4-6 months or something to develop that I'd absolutely love it. I particularly didn't like reading that you had to buy your power-ups every single time you went into a game, and that I'd probably have to actually work with my teammates a fair amount to be successful.

And I don't know what Darkness is.

How many Forza 2 players do we have and are we interested in doing some online racing?

edited June 2007
    Forza 2 is for girls.

Darkness gameplay looks pretty cool, though that advert is not really very well-executed.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The Darkness looks pretty awful. It reminds me of some kind of Half Life mod.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I have Forza 2.

Overlord looks like it will be fun. I played the demo and liked it, but I'm not sure if I want to drop 60 bucks on it.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    edited June 2007
    Dublo7 wrote: »
    The Darkness looks pretty awful. It reminds me of some kind of Half Life mod.

It's from the guys who brought us Escape from Butchers Bay, right?

I liked that a lot, so I'm keeping my hopes up.

Haphazard on
    edited June 2007
    NCAA Football coming out in about 3 weeks, and I probably won't get anything else before then.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited June 2007
    NCAA football is for girls. And fratboys.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited June 2007
    This threadtitle should be changed to "All games Will does not like are for girls."

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    edited June 2007
    I am also getting NCAA football and I am going to run the option like a man possessed.

edited June 2007
    I am also getting NCAA football and I am going to run the option like a little girl possessed.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited June 2007
    It'll be like the Exorcist, my head all turning around backwards and shit.

edited June 2007
    all runnin the nickel back pea soup defense

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited June 2007
    Anyone had a look at Too Human yet? I smell some awesome D&D 360 co-op sessions.

Also, for the love of Christ, folks get R6: Vegas. We can go on a co-op Terrorist Hunt. Later, we can braid each others hair and roast marshmellows over a campfire, whilest discussing the relative pro's and con's of assault rifles and muzzle velocities.

3lwap0 on
    edited June 2007
    I have R6. Played a lot of multiplayer a few months ago, and even finished the single-player even though I hate hate hate the plotline of pretty much all Clancy games.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I got Shadowrun. Thinking about getting "The Darkness"

Gorilla Salad on
    edited June 2007
    Okay, so The Darkness looks like a shooter but is actually a story-based game with some shooter elements. It obviously owes a lot to HL2. The story (thus far) is intruiging, and I'm really enjoying it, even though the gameplay does feel a little clumsy.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited June 2007
    Did anyone get Overlord?

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • YarYar Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I really want a thoroughly enjoyable online co-op campaign that will handle 4 or more players. And not necessarily an FPS either.

Yar on
  • GlaealGlaeal Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Yar wrote: »
    I really want a thoroughly enjoyable online co-op campaign that will handle 4 or more players. And not necessarily an FPS either.

Do any of those exist?

Glaeal on
  • YarYar Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I don't know but I want one. I'm thinking a modern online Secret of Mana or something.

Yar on
    edited June 2007
    Hey. You. Yar.

Too Human.

3lwap0 on