As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Initiative [chat]

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    i don't really know how i feel about My Name Is Bruce

i'm pretty sure i've seen it before

Wqdwp8l.png
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    edit: god damn double post and fucking stupid ajaxy draft feature.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK JAVASCRIPT AND EVERYTHING EVER CODED IN IT. EVEN FUCKING FLASH IS FUCKING BETTER.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    look

can we all just agree that everything that has ever come out of texas has been bad?

um hello the next president of these united states will likely come from texas

god save rick perry

AND

the last real american president came from texas

so

my god, the brain rot has infected you

*shakes head*

I'm praying for you, son

you will always have friday night high school football

back in my day, I could throw the pigskin near a hunnit yards

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    I stopped off at Kinnebunkport this weekend and got a burger

there were a lot of trashy-looking grossly obese white people who called me "sir"

and they were sprinkled with inexplicably beautiful tiny and delicate asian people

they also called me "sir"

Wqdwp8l.png
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    skippy how many hours a week do you spend drinking beer in your back alley and saying 'yep'

the tiny asian people were like forest creatures. they always had a look on their faces like they were going to turn and bolt, disappearing into the foliage.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Thanatos wrote:
    What is the correlation between a pencil and a cassette tape?
    Back in The Day, your cassettes used to get wound up in the tape players, so once you pulled them out, you had to get the tape back into the cassette. The best way to do this was to take a pencil, press it between the teeth that are normally pulled by the player, and use it to turn the gears to tighten up the tape.

I thought that was what "Rewind" was for

• SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote:
    the tiny asian people were like forest creatures. they always had a look on their faces like they were going to turn and bolt, disappearing into the foliage.
    survival adaptation for when the fat white ones start looking hungry

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote:
    Back in The Day, your cassettes used to get wound up in the tape players, so once you pulled them out, you had to get the tape back into the cassette. The best way to do this was to take a pencil, press it between the teeth that are normally pulled by the player, and use it to turn the gears to tighten up the tape.

And pencils.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote:

No see the tape would actually exit the cassette so you had to manually rewind it or the tape would break.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Senjutsu wrote:
    skippy how many hours a week do you spend drinking beer in your back alley and saying 'yep'

less time for that now that I've taken up the banjo

yep

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Rewind would either tear the tape or, at best, make it more tangled!

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    ayep

Wqdwp8l.png
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Thanatos wrote:

When the player eats your tape, you don't want to put it back into the player until you've fixed it.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Senjutsu wrote:

yep

That's too far South, skippy. You overshot your target.

Steve Martin plays the Banjo.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    it's true. texans don't play the banjo

they just watch mexicans play the guitar

Wqdwp8l.png
    Preacher wrote:
    Steve Martin plays the Banjo.

He's the exception, not the rule.

• Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Ohhhh you mean when it's jammed

That was always a bitch, I never actually did that but then I only used video cassettes

So I just wound the thing by hand

emnmnme wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:

yep

That's too far South, skippy. You overshot your target.

like you'd know

city slicker

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    talking at the movies thread is so angry

so angry

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote:

so angry

It's giving me huge culture shock

everything i know is wrong

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    Tav wrote:

so angry

I feel like it was designed to troll me in particular.

I'm just waiting for Pony to show up.

It'll be like Raistlin vs. Fistandantalus.

Which is a reference I don't think a single one of you will get.

Feral wrote:
    Tav wrote:

so angry

It's giving me huge culture shock

everything i know is wrong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05av9iJvgiQ

Tav wrote:

so angry

Here's some calming banjo music to soothe your nerves.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Drez wrote:
    Tav wrote:

so angry

There are dozens of people in here who've read Dragonlance novels, I'm sure.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    skippy your transplant is showing

fuck gendered marketing
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I thought that Austin theater was taking a hard line against people who whisper loudly

now I know there are people who talk in theaters, and "talk" isn't a euphemism for "whisper a little too loud," but actuallytalk, like one might over coffee or a beer.

words cannot express my degree of confusion over this

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

Thanatos wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Tav wrote:

so angry

There are dozens of people in here who've read Dragonlance novels, I'm sure.

Yeah but most of you seem to hate it so much you've actively blocked it from your minds or something.

But if you really remember the "scene" I am talking about, I personally thought that it was an awesome representation of an epic showdown.

Feral wrote:
    I thought that Austin theater was taking a hard line against people who whisper loudly

now I know there are people who talk in theaters, and "talk" isn't a euphemism for "whisper a little too loud," but actuallytalk, like one might over coffee or a beer.

you've never had this?

people will take phone calls in a movie

and just chat it up

I think the DC area was the worst for this, that I've been

Feral wrote:

I mean it may be intermittent. It's not like they sit there and chat non-stop. But I have witnessed situations where they will like say some new shit totally unrelated to the movie like every 5 to 10 minutes. And I've witnessed groups of like 13-16 year olds that come in groups of 10-20, run around (yes, literally) near the front of the screen (and why the front? Because they come in like 15-20 minutes after the movie started and that's all that's left) and constantly play musical chairs while talking to each other about whatever teens talk about nowadays. Pop tarts and sock hops and whatever.

Feral wrote:

I've heard this is a bigger issue for theaters with a lot of black people. Yes I know that sounds racist.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    this guy

is a shrewd negotiator

http://austin.craigslist.org/vgm/2525148451.html

Feral wrote:

you have never been to a movie theater in a black neighborhood have you

Wqdwp8l.png
    Feral wrote:

you've never had this?

people will take phone calls in a movie

and just chat it up

Maybe at some point in the distant past so long ago the memory has faded

Preacher wrote:
    Feral wrote:

I've heard this is a bigger issue for theaters with a lot of black people. Yes I know that sounds racist.

Yes, we all saw that Chris Rock skit.

Irond Will wrote:
    Feral wrote:

I go to movies in Oakland and Berkeley!

Maybe black people in Oakland don't do it because they'll get shot

and black people in Berkeley don't do it because if you're black in Berkeley you're basically white

Why are you looking up used videogame ads, skippy, when you know full well that Arkham Asylum still needs saving?

Irond Will wrote:
    Feral wrote:

I'm not touching this with a black person's penis sized pole.

This discussion has been closed.