As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NYC/NJ] hangout thread: so, what are you doing this weekend?

tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush RangerSocial Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
edited March 2013 in Debate and/or Discourse
So there are kind of a lot of us who like to hang out as a social group here in the Greater New York/6th Boro areas because hey, other people who also post on the Penny Arcade forums are cool. This thread is a more specific way to relay messages than to relay things via chat and hope everyone gets them, so post ideas or info about plans and what have you, and we'll add em here.

We have a small contingent of forumers, primarily from the D&D section, who get together on a fairly regular basis and new folks or visitors from strange and foreign lands (like Philadelphia or New Orleans or Seattle or SE++, or wherever) are always welcome to join us. We love to eat new-- er meet new people! Yes, yes. Meet.

Going to be in the NY/NJ area and want to hang out with people you may have met on the forums? Yes? Jolly good then.

additional pertinent information will be added to the header when specific events are planned, which will include who to PM for their address info or phone number in the event that you don't already have it, when the time comes.

So the unofficial list of people who live in the area and hang out is being developed here in this thread, if you want to be on said list post here or drop me a pm; this way people don't feel like they are left out of fun stuff when it happens.

tapeslinger
nexuscrawler
syndalis
Tomewyrm
YamiNoSenshi
Irish Rodent
Drez
EggyToast
Spawnbroker
AlyceinWonderland
Hakkekage
Sarksus
Deebaser
(and Raz!)
Variable
No-Quarter
Shazkar Shadowstorm
Casual Eddy
Litejedi
MulysaSempronius
BEAST!
RedTide
Zek
Vanguard
Psycho Internet Hawk
Podly
tyrannus
LoserforHireX
dlinfiniti

I started adding people based on the principle that the more is the merrier and whatnot
let me know if you need to be added or moved :-P

I might organize this list by boro/state at some point. We'll see!

honorary citizens -- well, you might not live here, but we love you anyway
Organichu, Pancake Mafioso and also Badass Couch Mover
Mikeman, Who Left Us for Dead (I kid, I kid)
Gooey, First Ambassador of Texas (we meeees yooou)
Tarranon, the Man of La Ouisiana
So It Goes, and Sometimes She Comes Back to Us
Thanatos, the Mighty Karaoke Lung
Eddy, the One Which is Neither Casual, Nor Uber, but Eddy All the Same
Mim, the Un-dubbed but May Yet be Dubbed Some Other Time

I will try to remember to update with my bee bulletins but I cannot promise I will always get to it, since editing from my phone is wack sometimes.

anywho. onward!

tapeslinger on

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Why not; put me on the list for hanging out and such.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • TomeWyrmTomeWyrm A Limited Liability Partnership Registered User regular
    I'm always down to hang out, so add me to the list!

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    I got too drunk the last time i hung out, so Im grounded. :(

• tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    so, the list so far looks like:

tape
    nexus
    syndalis
    Tomewyrm
    YamiNoSenshi
    Irish Rodent
    Drez
    EggyToast
    Spawnbroker
    AlyceinWonderland
    Hakkekage
    Sarksus
    Deebaser
    (and Raz!)
    Variable
    No-Quarter
    Shazkar Shadowstorm
    Casual Eddy
    Litejedi
    MulysaSempronius
    BEAST!
    RedTide
    Zek
    Vanguard
    Psycho Internet Hawk
    Podly
    tyrannus
    LoserforHireX

I started adding people based on the principle that the more is the merrier and whatnot
    let me know if you need to be added or moved :-P

I might organize this list by boro/state at some point. We'll see!

honorary citizens -- well, you might not live here, but we love you anyway
    Organichu, Pancake Mafioso
    Mikeman, Who Left Us for Dead (I kid, I kid)
    Gooey, First Ambassador of Texas
    Tarranon, the Man of La ouisiana
    So It Goes, and Sometimes She Comes Back to Us
    Eddy, the One Which is Neither Casual, Nor Uber, Merely Is
    Mim, the Un-dubbed but May Yet be Dubbed Some Other Time

how do we get you ungrounded, deebaser?!

tapeslinger on
  • EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    You're usually just grounded for a length of time, right? Like two weeks or something, or no video games for a month.

I'm in JC so put me on the list. Have barely met any PAers due to being in Baltimore for the last 9 years!

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I dunno. I get too drunk when I hang out with yall and make an ass out of myself. I suppose if I either civilize myself or you fuckers are less of a bad influence on me, I will be ungrounded.

Deebaser on
  • tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    hey now! we had no idea you were a closet recovering karaokeholic. how were we supposed to know you were going to fall off the wagon if we didnt know you were ON the wagon in the first place?

edited August 2011
    ugh quad post is getting silly

tapeslinger on
    edited August 2011
    very silly indeed!

tapeslinger on
    edited August 2011
    but yeah so we can always go do something dignified instead. like rollerderby or bowling or whatever classy people do.

tapeslinger on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Deebaser wrote:
    I dunno. I get too drunk when I hang out with yall and make an ass out of myself. I suppose if I either civilize myself or you fuckers are less of a bad influence on me, I will be ungrounded.

Wait, this is serious?

I mean, the message you left on my phone the day I wasn't able to hang was really uncouth, but grounded?

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    IR and I are nearby, but we are the grumpy old people of the meetups. Always cutting out early and not showing up for weekday stuff. But we still like to be invited in case we can make it.

I'm old! Is 31 old?

syndalis wrote:
    Deebaser wrote:

Wait, this is serious?

I mean, the message you left on my phone the day I wasn't able to hang was really uncouth, but grounded?

The message I left you?

/checksphone

Oh... Im sorry I sent you the text "you cocksucker". That was really uncalled for.

Deebaser wrote:
    syndalis wrote:
    Deebaser wrote:

Wait, this is serious?

The message I left you?

/checksphone

Oh... Im sorry I sent you the text "you cocksucker". That was really uncalled for.

haha, you thought I was referring to the texts, you straight up called me. Twice. and left FANTASTIC voice messages.

That must have been a hell of a party I missed.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I passed out under the coffee table

Oh...God...
    :oops:

so many apologies

Deebaser wrote:
    Oh...God...
    :oops:

so many apologies
    Dude, it's cool. I totally get it.

I just found it funny - like I was able to get a lens in on a party I wished I could have attended and missed.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    we drank all the lychee martinis.

Also, I bet those voice mails were less lucid than Hasselhoff's cheeseburger video.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    This is the generic Deebaser timeline:

6:00: "Dudes, let's just chill and have some drinks. But listen if you guys are doing any of that pansy shit later like karaoke, I think I'm just gonna go home."
    6:45: "You should try all these drinks man they are amazing here. I've had one of each so far."
    7:30: "Did I really have that many drinks? Guess I need another one."
    8:15: "Fallout: New Vegash isthe besht game EVARRRR!!!!"
    9:00: "FUCK I RAN OUT OF CIGARETTES AGAIN."
    9:30: "Karaoke! KARAOKE! Let's go to karaoke!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    10:00: "Since U Been Gone :whistle:"

Okay, I made the last one up. Never heard him sing Kelly Clarkson. I don't think.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Drez wrote:
    This is the generic Deebaser timeline:

6:00: "Dudes, let's just chill and have some drinks. But listen if you guys are doing any of that pansy shit later like karaoke, I think I'm just gonna go home."
    6:45: "You should try all these drinks man they are amazing here. I've had one of each so far."
    7:30: "Did I really have that many drinks? Guess I need another one."
    8:15: "Fallout: New Vegash isthe besht game EVARRRR!!!!"
    9:00: "FUCK I RAN OUT OF CIGARETTES AGAIN."
    9:30: "Karaoke! KARAOKE! Let's go to karaoke!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    10:00: "Since U Been Gone :whistle:"

Okay, I made the last one up. Never heard him sing Kelly Clarkson. I don't think.

No, I am the one busting out truly out of character songs and fucking with them.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2011
    Dee's typical night goes: do something fiancee wouldn't approve of, hide from fiancee.

Which doesn't sound funny, but he tries to hide behind like, chain-link fences and empty beer bottles.

Organichu on
    These are the reasons I am grounded.

@EggyToast : you are a year older than nexus so I would say you will be fine. we are in the Hamilton Park area so we are a little ways out but not far. what brings you to the 6th borough? (you're over by the college, right? I may be answering my own super nosy question here)

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote:
    These are the reasons I am grounded.

You know I'm just teasing ya <3

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Hamilton Park, fancy! I moved here via a combination of job, relationship, and then relationship ending. But I'm about a 10min walk from the Journal Square PATH stop which goes over to Newport, although for anything later I could just drive since traffic isn't bad after rush hour getting close to the tunnel.

parking over by us is a grab bag of fun and hilarity, I am sooo glad I do not drive. Newport and Grove are more or less equidistant so convenience varies mostly with the weather. (Newport is better in snowytimes, Grove is a nicer walk without a shitty mall crammed into it.)

And needless to say we are in the mostly-unfancy part of that neighborhood, ha! you should come out to 9th and Coles or White Star with us some night or something.

that reminds me-- Chaos Friday, anyone? We uh, have not actually gotten around to playing Chaos in like three weeks now

Can't do Friday, myself, but I can make it next time!

no worries-- we are around if anyone wants to be nerdy and chaos with us, other wise we might pick a night sometime next week.

Good timing on my part to make a big deal about hanging out; my parents are in town this and the next weekend, and then I'm heading down to bmore. Do things happen weekday evenings?

sometimes; it is certainly not out of the question. Those tend to be smaller get-togethers because there are not as many folks who can make it, but it's not uncommon.

• SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Alyce and I live about an hour drive from you guys, so put us down for hangouts!

If any of you fuckers ever want to actually drive up here instead, THAT WOULD BE AWESOME TOO

Steam: Spawnbroker
    so, list is updated though I know there are a lot of folks not actually on the list yet (shaz is awol til later this month, yeah? I don't want to add people without them knowing they're on here)

I think Shaz is out of town for a little while, yeah.

Also, Chaos this coming Friday?

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Wait I wanna be on the list

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    you're on the list

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    No I don't want to be on that list!

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
    I am not sure what list nexus is talking about, but I added you to my list up there. :D