As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sad Thread (Cheering Up Thread)

12345679»

• SpudgeSpudge Witty comments go next to this blue dot thingyRegistered User regular
    Two days ago, my Greyhound mix had a grand mal seizure. We took her to the vet and they ran some tests and gave us some phenobarbital

Yesterday we got the blood results back and they say she's a perfectly healthy dog. A perfectly healthy dog with epilepsy

I've never dealt with a dog that had seizures before

Play With Me
    Xbox - IT Jerk
    PSN - MicroChrist

I'm too fuckin' poor to play
    WordsWFriends - zeewoot
  • Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    Dogs having seizures is crazy scary. I thought my dog was having one, but she was asleep. So i figure it was just some wild ass dream.

• ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Hunter wrote:
    Dog bites are a little more serious, considering their mouths can contain bacteria that will EAT YOUR FLESH

A dog has fewer bacteria in their mouth than you.
    Also, moose bites can be pretty nasty.

This is not saying much considering a bite from a person is actually really dangerous and needs to be cleaned out/taken care of right away.

edit: though now that I think about it, that is just a thing that I heard that sounded plausible and I have no actual proof to back it up.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    dogs have bacteria in their mouths from poop. poop bacteria

I have bacteria in my mouth from like

a sandwich

faits.png
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Daric wrote:
    You should never stick your hands near a dog's mouth when it doesn't want to let go of what it has, why would you ever do that and not expect to get bitten? My old dog was the sweetest thing in the world, but if you tried to take something out of her mouth, she was not going to have it.

By all means, run to the hospital and take the dog back, but that's a cowardly move.

Your dog may have been the sweetest thing in the world, but it was poorly trained based on this description.

Before I moved out I used to reach into my parents' brittany spaniel's mouth to pull half-chewed rawhide out of his throat because he liked to try to swallow it when it was still big enough to choke on. Same goes for both of my current dogs, though they're not as dumb about swallowing stuff. If your dog won't let you take food from his mouth, it doesn't recognize you as its boss and that's bad.

UnbrokenEva on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    My girlfriend's cat, which is now my cat too I guess, is a needy cat. He wants constant attention. He wants to go outside all the time (we let him out occasionally into the back yard with our supervision). He meows loudly when he doesn't get what he wants. I hit him with the spray bottle but it doesn't seem to stop him. He's a rescue cat that's about 9 years old, maybe a little older. He has 3 toes on his front two paws because his previous owner tried to declaw him themselves. That's right, at home cat declawing! His law of toes doesn't seem to bother him in walking but he does have a callous on one of them that's kinda sharp but I don't want to cut it off cuz those paws are already fucked up.

His biggest problem is his coughing fits. He gets into these coughing fits where he can't breath properly. They're really kinda disturbing some times. The vet said it could be cancer of the lungs, a fungal growth, or FIP. I don't think it's FIP because he's had this cough since my girlfriend got him 2 years ago and from what I've learned, FIP is a pretty fast moving disease. We took him to the vet back in early March and the vet gave him a few weeks to live. It's now early August and he's acting exactly the same as he was when I met her almost a year ago. I have no idea what's wrong with him but we both decided that as long as he acts like a normal cat we're not going to do anything. If he stops eating, loses his bowel/bladder control or some other negative trait that we'll have to put him down.

205548_10150562968040424_773505423_18015040_4710701_n.jpg

faits wrote:

a sandwich

... you know you have a ton of different bacteria in your mouth right now that do all kinds of things that are not introduced in the food you eat, right?

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
    you know it aint impossible to have kids and a dog

some households even have.. MORE THAN ONE kid and MANY dogs

Uh.. I believe his concern is for the safety of his children. Because kids do all sorts of things without knowing why they should not do it. Like tug on dogs tails and a bunch of other things you would know not to do to a dog. So it is important to know that if you look away for a minute your dog is not going to take a chunk out of your baby.

Artreus wrote:
    faits wrote:

a sandwich

... you know you have a ton of different bacteria in your mouth right now that do all kinds of things that are not introduced in the food you eat, right?

nope, nothin in there but sandwich bacteria

I checked.

faits.png
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    faits wrote:

a sandwich

And the person who handled the sandwich or sandwich ingredients before you touched their ____________ and didn't wash their hands.

Fill it in.

• HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    Artreus wrote:

Uh.. I believe his concern is for the safety of his children. Because kids do all sorts of things without knowing why they should not do it. Like tug on dogs tails and a bunch of other things you would know not to do to a dog. So it is important to know that if you look away for a minute your dog is not going to take a chunk out of your baby.

weve been through this

I was responding t Ed and the idea that it was somehow shortsighted to get a dog in the first place when you have a baby on the way

Artreus wrote:

weve been through this

I was responding t Ed and the idea that it was somehow shortsighted to get a dog in the first place when you have a baby on the way

Well think of it the other way around.

Maybe they shouldn't have had the baby.

those things are terrible!

Just poopin all over the place

faits wrote:
    Artreus wrote:
    faits wrote:

a sandwich

I checked.

Also my dick

• EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    If anything, a baby is just a mewling dog without hair. It all makes sense now

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
    They can't even do your chores for you for several whole years

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Hunter wrote:
    faits wrote:

a sandwich

And the person who handled the sandwich or sandwich ingredients before you touched their ____________ and didn't wash their hands.

Fill it in.

Also, do you keep your toothbrush in the same building (no, not room, building) as the toilet?

Do you watch Mythbusters? Because I've got some bad news for you...

• Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    Oh thanks everyone for your support. It's always surprising and inspiring to see my grandmother, who should be the most broken up about seeing her mother that way, handle it with such grace and strength.
    Orik and VI, I hope you get some serious healing soon
    Sexual healing

Me too, josho, me too.

I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
    Artreus wrote:
    faits wrote:
    Artreus wrote:
    faits wrote:

a sandwich

I checked.

Also my dick

artreus why is your dick in my mouth

I never thought it could happen

faits.png
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    dick bacterium