As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

See you [le Tour] OP Updated as of stage 17

13»

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'm so sad Voeckler couldn't at least hold on to a podium spot.

I still think Evans could very well win yellow in the TT tomorrow.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    I've been thinking this week about how long I've been watching the tour.

I know I watched the race Jan Ullrich won; it was either my first or second tour. I would have been ten. I'm now 24.

Granted, I don't think I fully started to watch every single stage religiously (and often live, when I had no responsibilities and could go to sleep at noon) until at least a few years later, but still. I never really thought about it, but damn. That's a huge chunk of my life.

Real strong, facetious.

• FarthingFarthing Registered User regular
    Yeah, it was a pretty good fightback. That last post was when cadel had been swallowed back up by the peloton-I thought it was all over.

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I'm not the greatest fan of Cadel Evans, who always seemed very passive in the past, but these last two days he made some amazing efforts. It's certainly been the most interesting Tour de France in a long time, up until today there wasn't even a clear favorite for the win. To have 3 jerseys change owner on the last mountain is pretty amazing. Evans seems to have the best shot now, though I'll still be routing for Andy Shleck (whose escape on thursday was a thing of legends).
    It's a bit of a shame that you can't tell for sure if Contador isn't at his peak due to falling in the first week, or because he rode the Giro (though he only did that due to the Clenbuterol controversy perhaps disqualifying him from this Tour).

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    allez cadel!

chapeau, cadel!

aussie aussie aussie!

Yeah, it sucks that Contador had so much bad luck in the first week, it always made the tour just slightly less interesting. But that said, it still was very interesting. His presence amongst the leaders just would have made it absolutely incredible, I feel.

Congratulations to Cadel. He and his team rode a great race.

Real strong, facetious.

• LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Cadel did a great three weeks, but for some reason I just feel sort of blah about it. I think its because he's the John McCain of cycling, either that I'm I'm a huge mark for Andy and haven't admitted it to myself yet.

Dave Z's cardboard cutout is easily the MVP of this year's tour, however.

Yeah, I really hope Andy wins next year. Three 2nd place finishes is too many.

I don't know what it is exactly I have against the Schlecks.

I mean I don't hate them or anything, and I enjoy their attacking style I just.

I dunno. I guess I feel a little like it's almost unfair that there are two of them to work together like that, but that's completely illogical when it's a team sport. Shrug!

Real strong, facetious.

A lot of people don't like him because he's "immature". By that it seemingly means he has fun riding a bike professionally, and puts that above the methodical pursuit of perfection.

Also, he was seemingly on the wrong end of Chaingate, wherein the armchair experts have dubbed him a whiner.

And all that is pretty dumb, and I agree!

Like I said, it's entirely irrational.

Real strong, facetious.

edited August 2011
    Horner's got a blood clot, let the speculation begin.

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?p=633344

edit: The first thing I did, to be fair, was go Wiki EPO, because I thought the same thing.

LTM on
    HTC-Highroad is no more.
    I'm the Bob Stapleton of the cycling threads...

Lucky for us, though, Amgen will continue sponsoring Tour of CA. EPO money goes a long way.