As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Say Hello to Halo Fest.

2»

• Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2011
    343 is looking for feedback for Halofest:

http://halo.xbox.com/forums/general/f/14/p/6351/53810.aspx#53810

Also, if you'd like to play with 343 in Reach before PAX, sign up here:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=141998

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Willeth wrote: »
    Relativiox wrote: »
    Willeth wrote: »
    I would expect Bungie folk to make an appearance but not in a big way. 343 are the guys behind this and Bungie are moving away from Halo pretty damn earnestly.

Also: All you huge Halo fans who I've never seen before? Come play Halo with the Penny Arcade Forums Halo group!

When do you guys play? I didn't see any times or anything there.

Whenever. We usually get a few people on and then invite more people and all of a sudden whoops impromptu BTB!

That is the best summing up of the Bee's ever.

Angel177 on
    6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
  • Options
    S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Cool, but the problem is I love Halo and dont want to spend ALL my time at the Fest... They need to make their own event IMO.

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm pretty sure they're not going to have 3 days worth of unique content. Besides some HaloFest-only panels (which would have probably been panels at PAX normally), I'm betting you can see everything there is to see over one day.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I kinda hope so
    But, on a side note,
    They should have a whole event to them self! lol

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    LairdLaird Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Anyone besides me given this a thought, maybe halo fest at PAX is a test bed to see if there would be enough fans wanting an event. If Halo Fest is a success, maybe soon we will have our own similiar event like Blizzcon/Gears Con?

Laird on
  • Options
    Spartan LongShot-XSpartan LongShot-X Registered User new member
    edited May 2011
    Laird wrote: »
    Anyone besides me given this a thought, maybe halo fest at PAX is a test bed to see if there would be enough fans wanting an event. If Halo Fest is a success, maybe soon we will have our own similiar event like Blizzcon/Gears Con?

MMMMM... I like your thought on this. I'm hoping that it comes true.
    img00020634.jpg

Spartan LongShot-X on
  • Options
    Tom323Tom323 Registered User regular
    Im stoked

• Options
    TheSPFXmaNTheSPFXmaN Registered User new member
    Hi PAX community, I am an excited Halo fan, prior PAX attendee, and I can't wait to go to Seattle this year to see what 2011 has to offer. I have to say, I am very excited about this year because of Halo Fest. Is anyone else super stoked about being able to play all kinds of Halo on an entire floor of Halo legacy?

I am really looking forward to the tournament, I don't know how they plan to do it, but I think it would be cool if each round were played in a different generation of Halo, like the first round is Halo 1, second round is halo 2 etc... The final round would of course be Halo Anniversary on a new map. Wouldn't this be sweet?

I hope to see more about the final game and more on Halo 4. I hope I get to mingle with some of the devs to hear about their thoughts on developing the Anniversary game. I also eant to be able to challenge some people on Halo 1 LAN!

What do you want to see at Halo Fest?

• Options
    cocowoushicocowoushi Registered User regular
    I enjoy the series and will certainly spend time at the Fest. It's pretty exciting! I hope I'm lucky enough to grab some swag.

• Options
    smallz74smallz74 Sunnyside, WARegistered User regular
    This is my first Pax and looking forward to checking out Halo Fest. Though i am not a super fan ;) of Halo the Single Player has always been one of my favorites to play since it came out.

Twitter: @smallville74
  • Options
    Mr.Sci-FiMr.Sci-Fi Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I'm stoked for Halofest, I think it will be more than what some of you think. I know they are bringing in lifesized props like a warthog and other weapons and armor. Also I believe a lot of the merchandisers like Mc Farlane toys, Megabloks, DK books, Marvel and others will be there.

This very well could be a test bed for a stand alone Halofest. Personally I don't see it happening yearly but only on years that a major halo title launches or such (movie).

is this the 3rd floor annex?

Mr.Sci-Fi on
  • Options
    Joelcool7Joelcool7 Registered User regular
    Hey I have a question for everyone. I'm from Canada and my friends have gone for years. When I attended last year I ordered my Badge mailed to me but it arrived days before the event. My friends told me that I could pick up the badge at the Sheraton instead. So this year I never ordered my badge in the mail. Then I read on the HaloFest page that their are no more passes, I'm wondering do I still get the special HaloFest badge from the Sheraton when I pick up my normal badge?

I'm alittle worried as I don't know what to do with collecting the badges and stuff last year I had it mailed to me.

• Options
    GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    Joelcool7 wrote:
    Hey I have a question for everyone. I'm from Canada and my friends have gone for years. When I attended last year I ordered my Badge mailed to me but it arrived days before the event. My friends told me that I could pick up the badge at the Sheraton instead. So this year I never ordered my badge in the mail. Then I read on the HaloFest page that their are no more passes, I'm wondering do I still get the special HaloFest badge from the Sheraton when I pick up my normal badge?

I'm alittle worried as I don't know what to do with collecting the badges and stuff last year I had it mailed to me.

If I had to guess, I'd say yes, but you'd probably get more attention / a more official response if you asked it in the main FAQ thread :)http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/139422/pax-prime-2011-information-and-faq-read-this-first-then-ask-all-questions-here

• Options
    tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    In said thread people are lamenting that for some reason they didn't get the special Halofest badge in their mail package, so yeah, that's strange.
    But Halofest is part of PAX, and all PAX pass holders are supposed to get into Halofest. If there's been some sort of mix up about the Halofest passes, I'd imagine they'd just look for your PAX pass (especially since I've read that the HaloFest badge says it's only valid with your pax pass, probably to prevent double dipping.)
    As for collecting badges, You'll go to Will call the questions thread has more on that.

• Options
    koleypunchkoleypunch Portland, OR/Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Smidget wrote:
    I'm one of those that hadn't bought a ticket until this was announced.

I'm one of those people who had crazy LAN parties with the original Halo and have been playing them since so Halo is just one of those games that fills my head with memories of friends and good times when I think about it. 8v8 LAN with 8 in the house, CAT5's going out the top story window across the backyard for about 15 yards and into the window of a club house where the other 8 were. This was normal weeknight back then. I regret not having pics of it every time it comes up. After sitting at the "confirm purchase" screen for a while, I decided that this is one of those things that would be really nice to have a memory of as well.

I have those same memories (not exactly the same..that'd just be weird), I miss those days, too.

location! location! bees!
  • Options
    HezaaaHezaaa Registered User regular
    I've been looking all over the HaloFest site, but I can't find details of the tournaments. Does anyone know if information has been posted? I need to start trying to get on a team soon...

• Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    Hezaaa wrote:
    I've been looking all over the HaloFest site, but I can't find details of the tournaments. Does anyone know if information has been posted? I need to start trying to get on a team soon...

When that information is available, it will be via the Halo Fest website.

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    tokyodovetokyodove Perth, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    You know what id love to see at Halo Fest? That diorama of the New Mombasa battle scene that they used in the Halo 3 'Believe' Ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXeST0NMtic

tokyodove on
  • Options
    tokyodovetokyodove Perth, WARegistered User regular
    Just copied this off the IGN site, is a list of the Halo Tournies going on during PAX:

Friday

10am-12pm: Anniversary 4v4 Team Slayer

Single elimination brackets.
    First Strike! Jump into the fray as teams of four compete in a single-elimination tournament featuring Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary.

Saturday

10am-12pm: Anniversary 4v4 Team Slayer

Single elimination brackets.
    Enter another melee Saturday morning with a 4v4, single-elimination tournament featuring Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary.

12pm-1pm: Reach Racing

Full details not available yet.
    Hit the track Saturday afternoon in an eight player race through Halo: Reach's most popular Forge-made race tracks.

1pm – 2:30pm: Reach Forge Contest

Full details not available yet.
    I need a hammer. Compete to create the best Forge map in Halo: Reach.

Sunday

11am-1pm: Fight Like a Girl – Firefight Score Attack

Compete to earn the highest score in Halo: Reach Firefight. The entry fee is $10 and all profits go to Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Anyone is welcome to sign up!

1:30pm-3pm: Anniversary 4v4 Capture the Flag

Bracketed, single elimination.
    Ransack the enemy base in this 4v4, single-elimination tournament in Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary.

4pm-6pm: Fight Like a Girl – Firefight Score Attack

Fight for honor, for bravery, and for the cure. The entry fee is $10 and all profits go to Susan G. Komen for the Cure.

About Fight Like a Girl
    The Fight Like A Girl Tournament, or FLAG for short, is an annual Halo tournament that raises money and awareness for breast and cervical cancer research. Every year, hundreds of gamers come together one weekend in October to have fun, play some games, and donate to our cause.
    Organizers Kari Toyama (THE DON WAN) and Tasha Pettengill (Zoom Demon) have organized this tournament since 2006. To date, we have raised over $15,000 for breast and cervical cancer research.

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    I got a halofest ticket as well. Halo 1 was good. but when I pre-ordered halo2 a year in advance for a 6hour game, i felt... meh? cheated? blah? I dunno. Halo2 felt lackluster to me compared to the first one. I'll admit to playing the other halos as a jaded person as well, I'll give 3 props for 4player co-op.

Oh well, I got a ticket, I dont mind snagging free stuff.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    Looks like a fun time overall, but I actually suck pretty bad at Halo, so probably not gonna partake in any tournys.

• Options
    By the By, I'm just now getting around to listening to Major Nelson's Podcast (from this weekend) with a 12 minute interview about Halofest, apparently the enterence to Halofest is going to involve going outside to get to the Annex this year as opposed to through the skywalk (@ about minute 17:40).

• Options
    JustforlulzJustforlulz Registered User new member
    edited August 2011
    Since this is the only Halo Fest thread Ive found I'll just decide to ask it here. I purchased a 2 single day badges, one for Friday and Saturday. Does this mean I will get a Halo Fest pass for those days? Or would I had to of purchased the 3-day pass to obtain the Halo Fest pass? I would like to know as soon as possible due to the fact Im a die hard halo fan and would like to know if I screwed myself over :/
    Edit:Problem adverted :) Read a post explaining the details of the Halo fest/PAX passes relation. Im glad I dodged that bullet.

Justforlulz on
  • Options
    Spud387Spud387 Man of Inaction Vancouver, BC, CanadaRegistered User regular
    From what I've read in the FAQ, to access Halo Fest you only need a valid PAX pass for that day. The Halo passes are for show only.

Prime 2016 Status: Skipping. 2017, The Return.

Attended: PAX Prime 2010/'11/'12/'13/'14
  • Options
    SarahstraszaSarahstrasza Registered User regular
    Suuu... the other day i was trolling trade in world of warcraft and we were joking around about how hilarious it'd be to partake in a halo mmo. A few days later.. I was watching a video about how bungie wasn't at.. (i THINK it was E3?... I can't remember back to yesterday let alone back farther) and the lady had hinted at there actually being a halo mmo which doesn't take place in the halo universe.. Which makes me skeptical YET adoring. At this point they could make a crappy facebook game and i'd be content. Doesn't take as much to entertain or please me as it did when I was younger... Funny how that works...

I am .. however... still waiting for my talking grunt plushie... to go with my suicide grunt tattoo... MKAY?!.. Slackers.

• Options
    CommanderTonyCommanderTony Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    There was an MMO based in a futuristic Halo setting (relatively speaking), codenamed Orion or Titan, being developed by Ensemble Studios alongside Halo Wars. It was cancelled in-favor of further development of the RTS title.

More HERE

CommanderTony on
    3-Day pass (X) | Travel plans (X) | Hotel room (X) | Enough money...god damnit!
  • Options
    SarahstraszaSarahstrasza Registered User regular
    Bawls. Thanks Tony.

Titan eh... wonder if that means Blizzard will have to rename their titan project.

• Options
    CommanderTonyCommanderTony Registered User regular
    Bawls. Thanks Tony.

Titan eh... wonder if that means Blizzard will have to rename their titan project.

Of course not, "Titan" is probably an un-trademarked title used internally, so it's free use. I wouldn't be surprised if there were games prior to this cancelled MMO using the same internal codename.

Anyways, I would love to see what the "Waypoint Lounge" at Halo Fest has in terms of food and beverage. Would be awesome if they served some Halo-Halo. :)

3-Day pass (X) | Travel plans (X) | Hotel room (X) | Enough money...god damnit!