As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Prime 2011 Schedule

WillethWilleth Registered User regular
edited August 2011 in PAX Archive
The schedule has just been finalised and popped up on the webs.

There's a grid-style PDF available for easy reading here in case you missed it, like I did.

@vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
@gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
Willeth on

• Options
    SilvertwinnSilvertwinn Going on 40. "Get off my lawn!"Registered User regular
    So. Excited. Finally!! 8->

• Options
    Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the PDF link, amazing to quickly scan what's going on.

PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
  • Options
    Project TUROProject TURO Denver, CORegistered User regular
    w00t! I'm so excited!

• Options
    pillarofdawnpillarofdawn Registered User regular
    SO MANY GOOD PANELS 0_o...I'm going to have to sprint from the mega 64 panel to the friday night concerts!

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite thread on the forums.
  • Options
    Baka AlBaka Al Registered User regular
    Yay.. I now have 20 days to figure out which of 3 concurrent panels I want to attend on the Saturday night..
    Or figure out how to split myself in 3.. Anyone got a time turner spare?

But on the positive, there's a lot of damn good stuff on offer this time... Really cant wait now (and my friends thought I was getting annoyingly excited already..)

• Options
    kylechukylechu Registered User regular
    Which theaters are in the convention center and which are elsewhere?

• Options
    ChichenChichen Registered User regular
    So many panels. Argh. It's going to be hard to manage my time. But I shall enjoy it all none the less!

• Options
    GamingGoddessGamingGoddess Profesh Nerd Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    Already made my list! There's a few panels that I REALLY wished didn't run into each other, but this year is going to be awesome!

Time off[x] Fri-Mon Badges[x] Hotel[x] Plane tickets[x] Pre-Pax plans[TBA] Cosplay[in progress]
    "Pictochat? No. Dicktochat!"
  • Options
    vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    So sad that Wil Wheaton is at the same time as the first round of the Omegathon. :(

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• Options
    SingolloSingollo Registered User regular
    kylechu wrote:
    Which theaters are in the convention center and which are elsewhere?

Won't know till maps are released. Though in the past most of them where in the convention. Last year was the first time a theater was found in a different building

• Options
    If I were to guess, I'd say that Benaroya was still the Main Theatre, but everything else was in the main centre, with HaloFest being over the street. Purely a guess, though.

• Options
    I thought that Pegasus theater was in the Sheraton next to the convention center last year.

• Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    Last I heard, Benaroya was not main theater this year.

E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    MJPMMJPM Registered User regular
    I heard Main Theater is the Paramount this year, but no official confirmation yet.

paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig2.jpg
  • Options
    SrenaebSrenaeb Registered User regular
    Friday Night Concerts
    Main Theatre
    Friday 8:30pm - 1:30am
    Break out your cell phone and handheld gaming screens and get ready to rock out to the Video Game Orchestra, MC Frontalot, Metroid Metal, and the Minibosses.

In that order? I want to hear the VGO, but I probably won't be able to stay up for it if they start playing at, say, midnight.

• Options
    Curse-TenCurse-Ten Registered User regular
    Hurrah! I had no idea that Yogscast was doing a Panel. I'll know what I'll be doing Saturday morning! It's a shame that the Pitch your Game Idea Panel is on Sunday this year (that's my favorite panel and someday I want to make Zombie Carwash come true). The one day I don't have a pass for >:/ oh well there's plenty of other awesome panels I can attend!

I know where the Paramount is but does anyone know the capacity of this theater? I know they held some America's Got Talent show or something there not too long ago so it should be able to hold a good amount of people.

• Options
    Srenaeb wrote:
    Friday Night Concerts
    Main Theatre
    Friday 8:30pm - 1:30am
    Break out your cell phone and handheld gaming screens and get ready to rock out to the Video Game Orchestra, MC Frontalot, Metroid Metal, and the Minibosses.

In that order? I want to hear the VGO, but I probably won't be able to stay up for it if they start playing at, say, midnight.

Usually the order that's on in the schedule is the order they perform in.

E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    I don't know the exact capacity, but I can tell you that the Paramount is a step up from Benaroya Hall.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Merged from: Awww, no Canon Fodder at Prime this year?
    grifta67 wrote:
    *sadface*

This had become one of my most looked forward to events at each PAX. Quite sad to see it's not being held this year. I'm curious why.

-Sean

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    XalaraXalara Registered User regular
    The Paramount has a higher seating capacity but the legroom is pretty cramped :( We'll see.

• Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Seating capacity isn't going to matter I don't think, because the seats are removable and I bet it's very likely that they will remove most of the seats on the bottom level for the concerts. Also the information has "leaked" that the main theater will be the Paramount this year, though it's true there is no official announcement.

Considering the order the bands will be playing in for Friday night, I'd say it's likely VGO will be opening, because they have a lot more to setup than any other band. They opened their nights at both PAX Easts anyway so I'd put money on them opening again. Keep in mind though, the order of bands for Friday night at Prime 2010 in the schedule was not the order they actually played, so keep in mind that it might happen again. Honestly though I think it's the only time I've noticed it being in a different order.

As far as the other theater rooms, there may be one in the Sheraton, like last year, but otherwise the rest should be in the convention center. We'll find out soon.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    savagehartsavagehart Registered User regular
    Baka Al wrote:
    Yay.. I now have 20 days to figure out which of 3 concurrent panels I want to attend on the Saturday night..
    Or figure out how to split myself in 3.. Anyone got a time turner spare?

Yes I had one until you borrowed it 3 weeks from now.

Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • Options
    tokyodovetokyodove Perth, WARegistered User regular
    fantastic! so many choices.....i feel like a kid in a candy store

• Options
    David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    Both Pegasus and Kraken theatres will be in the Sheraton.

• Options
    SenicksSenicks Registered User regular
    So glad to see the scheduling coming out so early. Well done :)

also, AVGN IS COMING!!!!!!

• Options
    etherealvisionetherealvision Registered User regular
    I'm stoked to find that they'll be broadcasting the concerts this year. last year I heard mention that they would, but noone had any clue where other than the BYOC area. Now we know what's up in advance!

and yes... why all the panels I want to see are int he same time frame I don't know... Rooster Teeth is always fun, and I'd like to see Wil Wheaton and Skyrim. it's a good thing Skyrim is on Saturday too.

Let there be games!
  • Options
    Gate28Gate28 Registered User regular
    Are they not doing a live DnD play this year? I was really looking forward to that but I didn't see it on the schedule.

• Options
    B for BusinessB for Business Registered User regular
    Gate28 wrote:
    Are they not doing a live DnD play this year? I was really looking forward to that but I didn't see it on the schedule.

if you're talking about what I think you're talking about, it's called Acquisitions Inc. Main Theatre. Saturday. 3:30.

Xbox Live - Jaxon121906 10k
    PSN - B_for_Business
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Interesting there's only 1 PA Q&A this year.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Sweet baby Jesus there are a lot of good panels this year. This may be the first PAX where a large amount of my time is spent panel surfing.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    james1221james1221 Registered User regular
    mega64 based panel. see you there.

• Options
    LosarLosar Thane Vector, Rock Star Tucson, AZRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Moe Fwacky wrote:
    Merged from: Awww, no Canon Fodder at Prime this year?
    grifta67 wrote:
    *sadface*

This had become one of my most looked forward to events at each PAX. Quite sad to see it's not being held this year. I'm curious why.

-Sean

Friday at 6:00 in Raven Theatre. It's just called "The 10 Best Games of All Time... Again" instead of Canon Fodder.

At least I'm assuming that's what it is. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: Oh, wait. I'm correct according to the PDF, but not according to the website's list. I'm not certain which one is correct.

Losar on
    Isn't that informative!? Hooray!!
  • Options
    cocowoushicocowoushi Registered User regular
    I was hoping for VGO to be on Saturday so I could catch it and Protomen show, but I've already bought tickets to go see Protomen so that's what I'll do. Oh well. Thankfully I live a mere hour from Boston so I can see VGO whenever, really.

• Options
    David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    Losar wrote:
    Friday at 6:00 in Raven Theatre. It's just called "The 10 Best Games of All Time... Again" instead of Canon Fodder.

At least I'm assuming that's what it is. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: Oh, wait. I'm correct according to the PDF, but not according to the website's list. I'm not certain which one is correct.
    The PDF was correct. That panel has now been added to the listing as well.

Sorry for the confusion!

• Options
    bigo2magsbigo2mags Registered User regular
    What's the etiquette on staying through a panel to see the next? For example on Friday, the PA Q&A is right before the Rooster Teeth panel. If I see the Q&A will I have to leave and get in line for the Rooster Teeth panel? Or am I allowed to stay in my seat until the next panel starts?

userbar694334an1.gif
    userbar741514.gif
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    If the theater is being cleared for the next panel (generally speaking, if there's a gap between the end of the first panel and the beginning of the second, then the theater will be cleared), everyone has to leave. If you want to be in the next panel, you'll have to join the line after you leave.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    bigo2mags wrote:
    What's the etiquette on staying through a panel to see the next? For example on Friday, the PA Q&A is right before the Rooster Teeth panel. If I see the Q&A will I have to leave and get in line for the Rooster Teeth panel? Or am I allowed to stay in my seat until the next panel starts?

It should say on the schedule which panels will be cleared between sessions. For some you can absolutely hog a seat, but the more popular ones will be emptied.

• Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Willeth wrote:
    bigo2mags wrote:

It should say on the schedule which panels will be cleared between sessions. For some you can absolutely hog a seat, but the more popular ones will be emptied.
    Historically, this has not been the case. Be sure to ask an Enforcer in that particular theater if you want to know. If that Enforcer doesn't know, their area manager surely does.

a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    mariachamariacha Registered User new member
    Hi All,

I've finished a .ics version of the schedule you can import to Google calendar or iCal (tested with both) and possibly Outlook (not tested). It's available here:
    http://fisherspdx.com/pax.ics

• Options
    MarinoMarino Giant Bomb Moderator / League of Heels Webmaster Macon, GARegistered User regular
    bigo2mags wrote:

The only time I've ever seen it being allowed to stay in the theater is after the keynote for the Q&A. Any other scenario seems like they clear it out.