As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Get Rid of Soul Calibur 3? VOTE NOW!!!!

Zig21Zig21 Registered User regular
edited April 2006 in PAX Archive
Because there isn't much time to work with, we're thinking of dropping the SC3 console tourney to make more room for other games. Technically, there IS plenty of time to hold a tourney, but it'd happen during either one of the concerts or the final round of the Omegathon.

So the question is simple: if we axe SC3 (which is very likely at this point), does anybody care?

SC2 had a fairly weak turnout last year, but it WAS on Sunday, and the concert had gone obscenely late the night before. Plus, with no online signups this year, it's hard to gauge demand for the game before the expo itself. On the other hand, SC3 sucks ass, and I've seen little to suggest anybody still plays the game these days.

So vote eager PAX-goers! Vote, for the sake of my mental well-being!

Born to Duck
Zig21 on

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2006
    If it goes, it should be replaced by Marble Madness.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Fighting games are lame.

GeeCee on
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    take it out back.

Shade on
  • TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    And shoot it in the head.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • superjoesuperjoe Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    With a Nerf pistol, of course.

superjoe on
    IlOZ6.png
  • EskoEsko Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2006
    The Geek wrote:

A MBU tourney would be incredible...

Esko on
    Esko.jpg
  • Zig21Zig21 Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    The people have spoken! Well, 24 of them at least, and that's good enough for me.

Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited April 2006
    So what are the guaranteed tournaments? I would kill for a Tetris DS tourney...if it was classic mode.

'Cause, really, fuck Push.

(only because I am awful at it)

Whippy on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Zig21 wrote:
    The people have spoken! Well, 24 of them at least, and that's good enough for me.
    YOU CANNOT AVOID ME COMING UP THERE AND BEATING YOUR ASS AGAIN.

:winky:

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2006
    So what are the guaranteed tournaments? I would kill for a Tetris DS tourney...if it was classic mode.

http://www.pennyarcadeexpo.com/events.php

There's a Tetris tourney on the schedule.

And...why is there a Metroid Pinball tourney? Why not Metroid Prime Hunters?

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • flatrabbitflatrabbit King of Toast That place, over there.Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Legacy wrote:

http://www.pennyarcadeexpo.com/events.php

There's a Tetris tourney on the schedule.

And...why is there a Metroid Pinball tourney? Why not Metroid Prime Hunters?
    Because (in soviet russia and everywhere else) Metriod Pinball owns you, and I'm not just saying it because <cough>some people</cough> are addicted to it or anything. Hunters was fun, but damn it took me years to get used to it.

flatrabbit on
    --"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited April 2006
    Metroid Pinball is on the list because we play it all the time at the office and we think it's crazy fun and that more people should play it.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • EmperorMingEmperorMing Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Does that event list imply that stage one of the omegathon is a table top game?

EmperorMing on
  • flatrabbitflatrabbit King of Toast That place, over there.Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Does that event list imply that stage one of the omegathon is a table top game?
    well considering that the schedule lists "Omegathon Round 1" as being in the tabletop area @ 4-6pm I'm willing to venture a guess and label the first event as a Tabletop oriented game...now I'm no expert but that seems to be the gist of the whole "Round 1" thing. Now i guess we could be playing console games in tabletop or maybe even some PC goodness...but as it's labeled "tabletop" im thinking it involves a table and the playing of a game upon it.

flatrabbit on
    --"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited April 2006
    So in short, yes. ;)

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2006
    Esko wrote:
    The Geek wrote:

A MBU tourney would be incredible...

No, Marble Madness.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
    edited April 2006
    B:L wrote:
    Zig21 wrote:
    YOU CANNOT AVOID ME COMING UP THERE AND BEATING YOUR ASS AGAIN.

:winky:

That's why I'm retired, sucka!

Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
  • EmperorMingEmperorMing Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    So in short, yes. ;)

Well crap... Is there anyway to withdraw myself from the omegathon running then? I have never table top gamed and I would hate to take a slot up if someone who actually knew what they were doing could get in instead.

EmperorMing on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2006
    So in short, yes. ;)

Well crap... Is there anyway to withdraw myself from the omegathon running then? I have never table top gamed and I would hate to take a slot up if someone who actually knew what they were doing could get in instead.

It's usually Diceland, which is a pretty simple game to play and learn.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
    edited April 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    So in short, yes. ;)

It's usually Diceland, which is a pretty simple game to play and learn.
    Yeah it's normally a pretty simple game, tabletopwise. I can't see some huge 40k/warmachine type system being used for the omegathon. It would take too much time. Tabletop not only includes Pen and Paper & miniature based games but also card games as well as a few other cool gaming variants.

flatrabbit on
  • CondorCondor Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    <--- Would much rather play a different game than SC3. Better choices I think.

Condor on
    "Don't make me come down there!" ~ God
    edited April 2006
    Just to reiterate, we're not adding a game to take SC3's place. It's being dropped to allow more time and larger turnouts for other games.

Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Zig21 wrote:
    SC2 had a fairly weak turnout last year, but it WAS on Sunday, and the concert had gone obscenely late the night before. Plus, with no online signups this year, it's hard to gauge demand for the game before the expo itself.

Are you sure? I wanted to play in the SC2 tourney last year but it filled up before I could get in. Did you get like a 50% no-show rate or something?

As for SC3, I don't really care.

PotatoNinja on
    Two goats enter, one car leaves
    edited April 2006
    It was more like a 70% no-show rate.

Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
    edited April 2006
    NOW the people have spoken.

Zig21 on