As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[IC] Hall of Mirrors [M&M]

191011121315»

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    "Since when did mortals like that scare away heroes? Their numbers were insufficient to be a threat. And you still haven't answered me why we were sent to save a monster?" Likymnios states with a flat tone, his arms crossed. His armor's magic looking like he is in a t-shirt with a giant boar and jeans.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    "When the heroes have a mission to accomplish, then the mission is the goal. While you guys did do a good job fighting them, you also ran a risk of them reinforcing and overwhelming you. As to why you were retrieving Shadow Knight, it's because he has a long history of heroic service. We don't know exactly what happened there, but we will find out."

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    "I submit that trying to get Shadow Knight out of there while the warriors were attacking us would not have been terribly fruitful," Mountain King replies, in a far less combative tone than his earlier remark.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    "Also there was the whole, um, totally terrifying monsters flying and shadow monsters thing."

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Shaking his head at the group. "The point here is that if you're gonna be sneaky, then be sneaky. If you aren't, then you need to move fast and keep moving in a situation like that. You all have fantastic powers but you're still mostly mortal. Dismissed."
    You guys have a day for time off posts. Tomorrow, another adventure.

• Options
    Loom sighs, rises, nods to de Molay, and shuffles toward the door. He mutters, "Flying snake monsters!" to himself as the door slides open with a muffled hydraulic woosh.

• Options
    Mountain King walks briskly to the bathroom, finds a shower stall, and waits for his body to return to flesh. I'm getting really tired of taking several hours to thaw. It could be worse. At least you're not stuck like this permanently. True, but not particularly helpful.

• Options
    As they leave the conference room Likymnios walks up to Maga putting his hand on her shoulder, "We must talk little sister. Come with me."

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote:
    As they leave the conference room Likymnios walks up to Maga putting his hand on her shoulder, "We must talk little sister. Come with me."

"Uh, sure?"

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    As they reach a less populated part of the compound. "I know you are a daughter of Hekátē. But I did not know you have crossed Στύξ at least twice. I do not wish to pry, but rarely are the οι νεκροί allowed to come back. If there is something we need to watch for, it is best you let us know little sister. We are οικογένεια now." His speech coming out more concerned than worried.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Drip. Drip. Aaron watches his hand slowly melt, and sighs in irritation. "Are you ever going to figure out how to do that better, Mercury? There's got to be some way to make this process faster!" I am sorry, Aaron, but I am simply not yet familiar enough with your body to streamline the thaw safely. I could try, but you might end up as hamburger instead of a living person. You're lucky freezing doesn't take several hours. "Lucky. Hah. If it took several hours, then it wouldn't ever really happen at all, and I could stay normal." He continues grumbling under his breath, waiting to rejoin the rest of the team.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    "I... what? I don't understand you, Liky, I'm sorry."

Maga looks down, her face betraying that she understands enough to not want to talk on the subject

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Likymnios sighs as he looks at her. "I am sorry, my English isn't perfect. The gods rarely give their gifts without strings. One day though, I will figure out the right words. Trust me little sister, I will not harm you but I can't help you if I know nothing. I believe though I am going αλιεία. If you wish to join me." With that he begins to walk toward the transporter platform.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    placeholder

@Jacobkosh yo yo

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    @desc

I will brb, typing this from my parent's house

• Options
    A week of normalcy has passed. You guys have done your normal classes and routine. But on Tuesday morning your comms discretely ping you. Buzzing if they are on you, ringing if they aren't. The text message on it is brief and to the point. Rogue Terrorists have nuclear weapons. Report in immediately.

• Options
    In a quiet University library:

Squeeeeeeak.

Loom leans closer to a book he's reading and squints.

Squeeeeak.

Against the background drone of laptop typing and pages rustling, he drags a mostly-dry green highlighter across a few more sentences. Squeeak squik squiiieeak squeeeeaak.

BZZZZZ RING BZZZZZZ RING BZZZZZZ RING

Hastily rummaging through his backpack to find the Comm amidst pens, USB thumb drives, iPhone cables, and receipts, Loom finally grabs it and stabs the Acknowledge button to silence the alarm. Shoving his things into the bag, he dashes past the disapproving glares of fellow students and throws open the front doors of the library. His clothes are already beginning to reshape themselves into his blue and brown uniform as he darts around a corner and presses the Teleport button.

• Options
    "What type of weapon is πυρηνικά? Something indivisibly would be tiny to be a danger. But if it is time for πόλεμος then I shall join."

With that Likymnios presses the teleport button his clothing now a gleaming suit of bronze armor.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Aaron's taking inventory of the new shipment of supplies for the store - carabiners, chocks, ropes, and such - when his pocket buzzes. He reads the comm, and promptly calls out "Duty calls, Uncle!"; hearing an affirmative grunt, he teleports up to the base.