As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Prime 2011 Badge Anticipation and Pictures Thread

WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
edited July 2011 in PAX Archive
Monday is last day to change address before badges ship. Use confirmation # here to change! http://t.co/8UpPjpg

OMG badges are almost on their way! It's almost here and... well... you know :3
Post your anticipations and badge picturez here and stuff.

Here's me: OMFG they're coming, I wonder if there will be numbers on it?! If so, what will YOURS be?? When will the mail system get to my place, NOT. SOON. ENOUGH.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Wingedillidan on

• WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    Badges for those that opted for FedEx shipping are also going out this week. Thanks for the patience!

They're on their way!!!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • ChichenChichen Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I can't wait to receive mine. I'm holding onto my friends badge until the day of PAX though. Knowing him he'll lose his. (And he knows. He told me he'd lose it.)

Both first time PAX for me and all the people who are coming with me.

Chichen on
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    So have they all been mailed, or just the ones with FedEx shipping?

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
    akjak wrote:
    So have they all been mailed, or just the ones with FedEx shipping?
    Badges for those that opted for FedEx shipping are also going out this week. Thanks for the patience!

I take it that all badges have been shipped to those who bought their badges before the mailing deadline... should take about 1-2 weeks depending on where you live.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    I wouldn't say that ALL badges have been shipped. Badges are typically shipped in waves. This may mean that FedEx badges are going out as well as the first wave of mailed badges, but I can't say for sure.

E6LkoFK.png

• tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    First off there was no "Before the mailing deadline" they sold out long before that ;).
    Second, some other tweet said they were shipping the US one's out in batches, so they may arrive as such too.
    Either way, if "2 weeks beforehand" that I keep hearing is accurate, your estimate is spot on ;).

Edit: Moe was ahead of me, but my link provides teh evidence for batches ;).

tsrblke on
  • lemongrenadeslemongrenades Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    If I remember right, they did batches last year too. I had expected the west coast to get theirs first, then midwest and southwest and it would just kinda moved across the country. But I live in NE and I remember getting mine after a lot of people on the East coast.

lemongrenades on
    Actually, passes are mailed from Connecticut, so the east coast gets theirs first.

E6LkoFK.png

• DaftCapybaraDaftCapybara Registered User regular
    BADGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    *man squeees*
    If I remember right, they did batches last year too. I had expected the west coast to get theirs first, then midwest and southwest and it would just kinda moved across the country. But I live in NE and I remember getting mine after a lot of people on the East coast.

You live in NE? Me too. What area?

Pax Prime Badges [X]
    Pax Prime Hotel [X]
    Pax Prime Flight []
  • JakeotakuJakeotaku Registered User regular
    Can. Not. Wait.

/nerdgasm

You live in NE? Me too. What area?

Lincoln.

• tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    Moe Fwacky wrote:
    Actually, passes are mailed from Connecticut, so the east coast gets theirs first.

Really? Is that just how they send htem out or a USPS thing? Since I live at a major postal hub (St. Louis, MO) I hardly notice any lag time between the sending and recieving of mail from either coast. 2 days more or less (rarely 3). I have family in CA and on the East Coast, so things go both ways regularly.
    Except Smart post, if they come smartpost I'll be lucky to see them by PAX. 1 week delays are common place with smartpost. (Stupid smartpost).

• MarySueMarySue Registered User regular
    tsrblke wrote:
    Moe Fwacky wrote:

Really? Is that just how they send htem out or a USPS thing? Since I live at a major postal hub (St. Louis, MO) I hardly notice any lag time between the sending and recieving of mail from either coast. 2 days more or less (rarely 3). I have family in CA and on the East Coast, so things go both ways regularly.
    Except Smart post, if they come smartpost I'll be lucky to see them by PAX. 1 week delays are common place with smartpost. (Stupid smartpost).

St. Louis, MO, is pretty much equidistant from both coasts when dealing with ground shipping time-in-transit, which is why you notice no difference. For fun, you can type your zip code into this calculator and it will generate a time-in-transit map for you so you can determine about when your stuff will arrive.

Yes, before you start, I know that's the UPS and not the USPS, however UPS is the privatized package handling portion of the USPS so they still use a lot of the same infrastructure to transit ground shipments. Having said that, the USPS has significantly looser FOB and guaranteed delivery policies so the UPS map is just a general guideline, not a guarantee.

Raar! Fear my supply and logistics nerdery!

Portland, Oregon, and sloe gin fizz. If that ain't love, then tell me what is.
    +++BRONYS BEFORE BROS!+++
  • EvilEvincarEvilEvincar Registered User regular
    Just got my badge today. And I live in the Seattle area. So that'll be good notification to pretty much everyone to pay attention to their mailbox.
    Main thing to note: it comes with a separate badge for HaloFest. It specifically says you'll need both badges for entry.

Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    EvilEvincar.png
  • psychopezpsychopez Registered User regular
    Glad I took a vacation day today, so I could ensure I got this...
    pax2011Badge.jpg

“Myth is the hidden part of every story, the buried part, the region that is still unexplored because there are as yet no words to enable us to get there."

-Italo Calvino
    psychopez wrote:
    Glad I took a vacation day today, so I could ensure I got this...
    pax2011Badge.jpg

Oh there's an actual Halo Fest BADGE? /isjelly.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    So, PAX badge, Halo Badge, BYOC Badge...

We don't need so many stinking badges!

>.>

Is there a unique code on the Halo badge or something? There's got to be a reason.

Huh. Are Halofest badges available to those who aren't attending PAX? That would be the only reason I could think of to have them seperate.

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    Except I don't think you can't get to Halofest without going THROUGH PAX areas, which would require a PAX Badge.

• dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    All PAX badges will come with a Halo Fest badge. Source

And no, you can't get in without a PAX badge.

a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    Houn wrote:
    So, PAX badge, Halo Badge, BYOC Badge...

We don't need so many stinking badges!

INCORRECT

MOAR BADGES

7B14287.png
  • EvilEvincarEvilEvincar Registered User regular
    Huh. Are Halofest badges available to those who aren't attending PAX? That would be the only reason I could think of to have them seperate.

First, the HaloFest badge specifically says it requires your PAX badge to go along with it.
    Second, I do not know if there's separate access. The location is the 3rd Floor Annex. For those who don't know, that was where the "Hidden Level" was last year. There is access from Pike Street, but to my knowledge that is normally reserved for employees. So it's probable that you'll have to go through the Expo Hall to get there anyway.

Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    EvilEvincar.png
  • EtaoinEtaoin South Barcrawl Lead, Omeganaut S16 TexasRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    It's here It's here It's here!!!

Etaoin on
    7paDBmR.png
  • timdorrtimdorr Registered User regular
    Just got mine today too: http://ping.fm/p/SBP5x

• TheInt3rsectTheInt3rsect Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    h8iSVl.jpg

yay

TheInt3rsect on
    Oh, should I be hiding the number on mine in pictures? Or is that really a non-issue?

I should probably go check my mailbox soon.

• Mom2KatMom2Kat Registered User regular
    Well if the west coast ones are today the NI figure by the end of the week early next week for those of us just north of vancouver. Unless my husband and I are the only sunshine coasters going but we should not be far behind the Vancouver islanders.

So fucking excited!

timdorr wrote:
    Oh, should I be hiding the number on mine in pictures? Or is that really a non-issue?

Not sure what the number means but i hid it just in case haha

timdorr wrote:

Shit! Now you know who I am!

Actually, a simple Google search of my username should get you my phone number and home address. LOL privacy! :P (Seriously speaking, I actually don't care about it. It's all a myth anyways!)

timdorr wrote:
    timdorr wrote:

Shit! Now you know who I am!

Actually, a simple Google search of my username should get you my phone number and home address. LOL privacy! :P (Seriously speaking, I actually don't care about it. It's all a myth anyways!)

Haha you should be fine. :P

• skylatronskylatron Registered User regular
    Just got my badge up here in western Washington*! Best lunch break surprise ever.

*Yes, there is a western Washington. No, Seattle doesn't just drop off into the ocean.

• G23inITG23inIT Registered User regular
    YES! Pax badge showed up on the desk at lunch!

• DjFILDjFIL Registered User regular
    Ah this answers the question I had in the main FAQ thread. Look forward to seeing our badges arrive soon.

• Got Haggis?Got Haggis? Registered User regular
    got mine today as well

• TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    so I am in Minnesota and checked the mail today, no badges. I am not going to freak out yet, but when should I start freaking out?

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
    You should start freaking out the day you leave town.

E6LkoFK.png

• CirdanCirdan Registered User regular
    I got mine today...I live in California. Woot!

http://i.imgur.com/0FmMz.jpg

• disposablecompdisposablecomp Registered User regular
    Back of the PAX badge lists Exhibition Hall under Level 4 and Level 6. Makes me that much more eager to see the map for this year. Blows my mind how much larger it got each year.

The back of the Halo Fest badge states - 'The holder of this badge assumes all risk and danger of being injured as a result of performances and/or demonstrations at Halo Fest"...What kind of performances and/or demonstrations could they be doing where I could injure myself short of tripping?

No badges in the mail yet..I live in california. Maybe tomorrow..Maybe the next day..Soon.