As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SKËTCH's "things"! 17/06 - Pen is done!

2»

• Options
    Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    did he pee on his hand?

Also, the way HIS left arm connects to his body seems odd

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    SketchTheArtistSketchTheArtist Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    did he pee on his hand?

Also, the way HIS left arm connects to his body seems odd

Nope. No bodily fluids whatsoever. :P

As for his arm connection to his shoulder socket, it's at an angle towards us so perspective as a play in that. However, if it's still not clear for you, there's always a good ol' drawing on top of it that you could do since I don't really see the problem. ;-)

SketchTheArtist on
    SketchTheArtist.jpg
  • Options
    thundercakethundercake Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    His left toe seems more upturned than the other...and his left heel seems a mite too high up. I like the left boot more though...upturned toes are unusual =D It's a great costume design. I would think that a jacket like that would have big side pockets or something, though.

the draped fabric over his shoulders needs some work still...I keep a bedsheet by my desk at all times just for the purpose of fabric references, because drapery is a pain in the butt >.<

thundercake on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Yeah, thanks. I'll tweak the foot as I continue the pencil process. As for the pockets, I don't think I'll go with those since it's a raincoat and the references I have don't show them.

I'm nearly done with the shoulder parts and I think I have overcome that problem when I figured out how to fold them correctly since it's suppose to go in the front when it's raining, to protect the front part of the coat.

I'll be back later with an update!:P

SketchTheArtist on
    SketchTheArtist.jpg
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Someone's already commented on the perspective, so I'll just say that the fingers are brilliant. Not that the rest of the picture pales by comparison, I just really appreciate a good finger.

...that is, that actually has the shape of a hand as opposed to an inanimate object that's vaguely hand shaped, if you get me.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    @Edcrab: Thanks man. ;-)

Here are the pencils! Fire away with the C&C guys! Cheers!

VagabondPen.jpg

SketchTheArtist on
    SketchTheArtist.jpg
  • Options
    AlyceInWonderlandAlyceInWonderland Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    the only thing that bugs me kinda is that his right foot looks like it should be a left foot...

na'mean?

lolloll two left feet

AlyceInWonderland on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    the only thing that bugs me kinda is that his right foot looks like it should be a left foot...

na'mean?

lolloll two left feet

Yeeaaahhhh.....kinda. Anyhoo, fixed it a bit. Thanks! ;-)

VagabondPen2.jpg

SketchTheArtist on
    SketchTheArtist.jpg
  • Options
    CyberMonkeytron3000CyberMonkeytron3000 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    As for his arm connection to his shoulder socket, it's at an angle towards us so perspective as a play in that. However, if it's still not clear for you, there's always a good ol' drawing on top of it that you could do since I don't really see the problem.

Heres how I see it

cowboykq8.jpg

You have a few lines around the base of his arm that suggest the red circle- however you have lines at the end of his bicep that suggest the blue circle. Having the red circle and the blue circle together like that makes it look like the arm is broken or twisted at a really odd angle. If you change it slightly so you have two red or two blue circle I should look better.

CyberMonkeytron3000 on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    As for his arm connection to his shoulder socket, it's at an angle towards us so perspective as a play in that. However, if it's still not clear for you, there's always a good ol' drawing on top of it that you could do since I don't really see the problem.

Heres how I see it

cowboykq8.jpg

You have a few lines around the base of his arm that suggest the red circle- however you have lines at the end of his bicep that suggest the blue circle. Having the red circle and the blue circle together like that makes it look like the arm is broken or twisted at a really odd angle. If you change it slightly so you have two red or two blue circle I should look better.

Oh god I'm so tired. Fight the urge to rest. Fight it! :P

Okay, I have a couple of seconds before I lose control of myself so I'll do this quick.

I see what you mean, but the bottom of your red circle is just a part of the sleeve that's hanging. It isn't the bottom of his bicep. If you follow the bottom section of the straps on his bicep, that his the bottom of the bicep. Dunno if I make any kind of sense but it's the way I drew it. Now, based on that, if it's still not right, please tell me how and I'll correct it if I see it. Mucho thanks again for the help.

ZzzZzzZzZZzzZzZZzz.....destroy all humans. zzZzzZzZZzzZzzZzZZZz.... destroy....all ......humans. ZZzZzZz....

SketchTheArtist on
    SketchTheArtist.jpg
  • Options
    CyberMonkeytron3000CyberMonkeytron3000 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I know its not the bicep, but the sleeve is creating the problem with how the arm is seen. Its making the arm look disjointed from the body.... or am I crazy? .... i might be... its happened before..

CyberMonkeytron3000 on
  • Options
    Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I know its not the bicep, but the sleeve is creating the problem with how the arm is seen. Its making the arm look disjointed from the body.... or am I crazy? .... i might be... its happened before..

vagabondpen2qs2.jpg

Quick draw over with mouse. It's crappy, but hopefully you'll see what I'm trying to say.

It is the cloth. The way it wrinkles and folds makes little sense to the form. Go put on a long sleeve shirt, roll it up like that, and copy his position. Check the folds. This is probably the best way to see why it looks odd

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg