As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

leave the gun take the [chat]oli

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Beer is definitely an acquired taste. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not. I haven't really found a way to predict when I'm going to enjoy a beer, which can get kinda strange.

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Arch, B:L, stop pretending.

Be like Kalkino and own up to your deception!

vRyue2p.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Oh man, speaking of Dresden.

One time I was in a hotel room with VH and he was holding one of those novels and an unnamed [chat]ter said ARE YOU ACTUALLY READING THAT? THE LATER ONES ARE FUCKING AWFUL I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU'D READ SOMETHING THAT TERRIBLE.

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Arch wrote:
    Arch wrote:
    Jesus, I should have just gone to bed.

Instead I'm reading bad opinions in [chat] and choking on my own incredulity.

VH what are the bad opinions

Are they mine?

I'm being melodramatic, for the most part I don't believe in "bad opinions".

But I do rather vehemently disagree with your assessment of the later Dresden novels.

Hm. I admit bias in my assesment of the one right before Ghost Story, I haven't read Ghost Story, but after the
    Zombie Trex
    I got bored

Sue is admittedly hard to top, but I liked Changes a great deal. I'm definitely interested to see where he takes the setting.

I haven't read Ghost Story yet either, I really need to get my hands on it.

vRyue2p.png
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:

One time I was in a hotel room with VH and he was holding one of those novels and an unnamed [chat]ter said ARE YOU ACTUALLY READING THAT? THE LATER ONES ARE FUCKING AWFUL I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU'D READ SOMETHING THAT TERRIBLE.

The real crime is going into a hotel room with another man.

What would Jesus think?

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Quid wrote:
    Quid, I keep trying to read Malazan, but I keep getting stuck somewhere in the middle of book 2 or 3. I end up putting it down for a bit and reading something else, and then never going back to it. And then I'm like "well shit, I don't want to reread book 1 again, but I can't remember anything that fucking happened".

Yeah, I almost exclusively read it on subs now. If you can read one all in one go they're pretty good. But God damn there's so much shit going on.
    I am almost finished with book 1, and I have not a fucking clue what is going on.

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote:
    Beer is definitely an acquired taste.
    Like coffee! Coffee is delicious. I avoid drinking it because of the caffeine, but it is so good. Also coffee ice cream is the best kind of ice cream.

• ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:

Nerds: lacking social tact since forever

JKKaAGp.png
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    See, I think that the latest Dresden novels are fantastic, so, really, you guys just don't know what the fuck you're talking about. :P

Organichu wrote:

This is incorrect.

It was a Foundation novel.

And I believe he called them "complete shit".

vRyue2p.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Arch wrote:
    Arch wrote:

Are they mine?

But I do rather vehemently disagree with your assessment of the later Dresden novels.

Hm. I admit bias in my assesment of the one right before Ghost Story, I haven't read Ghost Story, but after the
    Zombie Trex
    I got bored
    You need to be fair. Topping a zombie t-rex is pretty tough.

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Quid wrote:
    Quid, I keep trying to read Malazan, but I keep getting stuck somewhere in the middle of book 2 or 3. I end up putting it down for a bit and reading something else, and then never going back to it. And then I'm like "well shit, I don't want to reread book 1 again, but I can't remember anything that fucking happened".

Yeah, I almost exclusively read it on subs now. If you can read one all in one go they're pretty good. But God damn there's so much shit going on.

....on subs?

You know, those things that go under water? Go bing. Shoot steam out of random places for no apparent reason if movies are to be believed.

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:

ahahahahaha awww man tell me who said that because I woulda said that

Also no VH beer is delicious

Maybe they don't have good beer in Lexington or wherever you live

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    was it kakos

Organichu wrote:

There's no way that wasn't Inquisitor.

Who else would be in VH's hotel room?

Thomamelas wrote:
    Arch wrote:
    Arch wrote:

Are they mine?

Zombie Trex
    I got bored

This post is the best post in the tree for the innuendo

Oh, sorry VH. All of your disgusting nerd scrawl is the same to me.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Arch wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Arch wrote:
    Arch wrote:

Are they mine?

Zombie Trex
    I got bored

This post is the best post in the tree for the innuendo

Heyoo!

Nova_C wrote:
    See, I think that the latest Dresden novels are fantastic, so, really, you guys just don't know what the fuck you're talking about. :P

As much as I loved the "south american" mythology in Changes, i just couldn't take that book seriously for some reason

I'd actually wipe my ass with VH's library if it were printed on softer paper.

• B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Arch, B:L, stop pretending.

Be like Kalkino and own up to your deception!
    But B:L is Never Evil.

Thanatos wrote:
    Organichu wrote:

There's no way that wasn't Inquisitor.

Who else would be in VH's hotel room?
    I was in VH's hotel room.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    Quid wrote:
    Quid wrote:

....on subs?

You know, those things that go under water? Go bing. Shoot steam out of random places for no apparent reason if movies are to be believed.

Oh like a literal submarine, okay.

It sucks, because I really like a LOT of the concepts he introduces. I like the setting, I like the way magic works, I like the characters.

But I think his novels (the few I've read, I guess) tend to drag in the middle, which is when I can easily get distracted by another book that has more "action".

The same thing keeps happening to me with Neal Stephenson's "Quicksilver" trilogy.

vRyue2p.png
    Organichu wrote:

You could let Winky handle it

edited August 2011
    Thanatos wrote:
    Quid wrote:

I am almost finished with book 1, and I have not a fucking clue what is going on.

That's the hardest one. The author very slowly reveals the mechanics and history of the world so it's not til three or four that you have a solid grip on everything. But the second book is excellent on its own. The Chain of Dogs story in it is fucking masterful and heart breaking.

And for what it's worth the world and how it works is awesome and I personally think it's worth the pay off.

Quid on
    Inqi and Chu have never been in my hotel room at the same time.

Actually, they've never been in any room at the same time as far as I know.

Same goes for B:L and Chu.

vRyue2p.png
    Too many of these fantasy series have more books in them than I have time to read!

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    all of them are actually Chu in disguise

Arch wrote:
    Organichu wrote:

ahahahahaha awww man tell me who said that because I woulda said that

Also no VH beer is delicious

Maybe they don't have good beer in Lexington or wherever you live

They have fucking amazing beer in Lexington.

I mean, by liars' standards.

Kentucky Bourbon Ale has several proponents among [chat] people.

vRyue2p.png
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Arch wrote:
    Organichu wrote:

You could let Winky handle it
    heheheh

• CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    So, interview tomorrow. I'm... still undecided on if I actually want the job since the commute will blow, but at least I'm getting more callbacks.

Also, The Codex Alera series is awesome.

工事中
    Hrm, I have some books on the way. Second Mistborn book, and a Garrett files collection and three of the Swamp Thing hardcovers.

• BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Blergh.

You can't say you dislike beer til you've had Franziskaner fresh off the tap.

Maybe I'll reread the Night Watch series.

What a great series.

Pre-emptive shut up Quid you are terrible

vRyue2p.png
    Pony wrote:
    all of them are actually Chu in disguise

I could never pull off Inq's goofy, terrible looking ringlets.

BobCesca wrote:
    Blergh.

Us denigrating American Gods has made Cesca physically ill

Or is it the rioting?

How is that going? I'm kinda impressed

Romero Zombie has successfully convinced me that every bad thing I have ever thought about a cop is 100% correct.

• CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    Quid wrote:
    You can't say you dislike beer til you've had Franziskaner fresh off the tap.

I feel like I've had this beer. It sounds very familiar somehow.

工事中
    Arch wrote:
    Goddam VH that was almost prescient

Not yet it's not.

vRyue2p.png
This discussion has been closed.