As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Give me your best... Criticism.

2»

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2011
    Post a link to the MP3, Most browsers can stream it in a new tab without any trouble.

Iruka on
  • Options
    BagginsesBagginses __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2011
    Might I suggest sketching skeletons of the species you plan on using repeatedly? It can help give an idea in the little details of how they should look.

Bagginses on
  • Options
    oscarmanoscarman Registered User regular
    Yeah i've been trying to sketch out the skeletons of some of the species, but it's still hard to get the proportions right, especially when you bring perspective into it. Any tips?

signature2.jpg
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Because the nature of Oscarman's comic includes and audio element, I'm going to say it's ok for him to keep linking to it as he's been doing (as long as it's not only a link).

In the end, it's really just easier for him to do that in this case, and we can still experience the comic as intended. No harm, no foul.

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Because the nature of Oscarman's comic includes and audio element, I'm going to say it's ok for him to keep linking to it as he's been doing (as long as it's not only a link).

In the end, it's really just easier for him to do that in this case, and we can still experience the comic as intended. No harm, no foul.

Thanks! :)

bartender.png

This chapter is almost done!

http://www.maxandned.com/?p=38

oscarman on
    signature2.jpg
  • Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    the idea with posting here is that you are opening your artwork to critique, and with that said, you have to understand that even when you want your readers to perform an additional task in order to enjoy your work, your readers are not obligated to do so or may not be able. I also have a hard time believing I would suddenly get a significantly different experience with the music, but then, I browse the forums primarily from my phone which can't play back sound from the internet (it is more of a 'short bus' phone than a smart phone) so I have no way of finding out one way or another.

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    You might consider flash.

I've been reading through the comic and playing the music, and its starting to fit in places but... well I read way faster than the music most of the time. The character of the music is setting a mood a little, but it sorta throws me off because I'm trying to get with the pacing. Do you read MSPA? Its probably one of the best examples of multimedia comicing, right now, and while the animation and stuff might be more than what you are going for, you can make a panel slide show with the music playing and the reader clicks through. You might be able to play with the relationship much more if you can figure something like that out.

Right now, for me, the two experiences aren't seemless enough, even though the easily could be way more put together. (I would, at the very least put the music player at the top of the comic)

• Options
    Flash was something i considered, but i heard too many people hated using flash webcomics AND everything beginning with i; pads, phones etc.

Anyway, i finally finished the next page, here it is!

http://www.maxandned.com/?p=39

And here is my favourite frame:

band.jpg

signature2.jpg
  • Options
    Last page of the chapter!

What do you think?

http://www.maxandned.com/?p=40

My favourite frame:

chase.jpg

signature2.jpg