As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [STEAM] Thread: Sale is over, now you have to wait another 15 years to buy Quake

1939495969799»

• Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    So Rock of Ages is good? I might get that. There was also another indie game (Solar 2) that I would like to get, but I'm strapped for cash now, and have to wait a while, unfortunately.

Also, I didn't get Alpha Protocol. It just didn't set well with me. I found it very awkward. I think I never made it out of the first building, as I first ran into a bug that wouldn't let me proceed forward, and then running through it the second time my magic stealth skills didn't work out very well and I got killed. The dialogue system is just weird, and the fact that it was timed is horrible.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Yeah, Mirror's Edge 2 could just be about a parkour delivery person making routine parkour deliveries across the rooftoops of ShinyMetropolisTown and I'd be all over it.

Once I got used to the system though, I started to feel sorry for the blues. Poor stupid slugs. Can't keep up.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I only used a gun during the parts where the game is bullshit otherwise (the parking lot).

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    99 pages? In my Steam thread? It's more likely than you think!

New thread

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Having a blast with Borderlands and absolutely loving Zombie Island. I really want to reiterate what an awesomely classy gent Lord Yod is for hooking me up with it back during the Summer Sale.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Drake wrote:
    Yeah, Mirror's Edge 2 could just be about a parkour delivery person making routine parkour deliveries across the rooftoops of ShinyMetropolisTown and I'd be all over it.

Add a soundtrack by Offspring and Bad Religion, and you're all set.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    The trouble with Mirror's Edge is they make you go through a 6 hour long tutorial before putting you in the actual game... the time trials.

Also, the parking garage part is awful.

But really, the time trials are amazing and fun and really if they got to make Mirror's Edge 2 I kinda wouldn't mind if there were no story at all... just environments that you need to get through as quickly as possible.

Multiplayer relay races would be pretty rad.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    SvKSvK Registered User regular
    Kainy wrote:
    In the lobby where you call down an elevator and then get rushed by a bunch of people, can you not fight there? I seem to remember having to at least knock everybody out, which took a lot of tries (but was fun as hell).

By that point I was a pacifist, so I wouldn't even punch people. I ran and dodged through gunfire to press the call button, made another lap of the room while the elevator came down, then dashed past the machine gunner and closed the door.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Dammit, I thought Rock of Ages was gonna come out today. I was gonna make a thread for it. With Def Leppard jokes! And dick-punching Michaelangelo's David! In fact, forget the thread!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRKD7Gn574g

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767