As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Word to your Moogle PAX

DaftCapybaraDaftCapybara Registered User regular
edited July 2011 in PAX Archive
This Is a Word to Your Moogle Tour

Does anyone want to meetup and try for the biggest word?

I am traveling with a group of about 9 out of which 7 will probably want to try, I am looking/hoping/pleading for others to join us.

I will be wearing a Black and Green EGC logo T-shirt with DaftCapybara on the back. Drop a line here, and say what your wearing, maybe we can combine our powers (insert captain planet joke here), and win

Pax Prime Badges [X]
Pax Prime Hotel [X]
Pax Prime Flight []
DaftCapybara on

• soonerjuddsoonerjudd Registered User regular
    I was hoping to get a group together, too. I'd definitely be interested in joining up with you guys. Don't know yet what I'll be wearing 0 I don't plan that far ahead.

• tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    I like the idea of this because it's cooperative w/in PAX. The more people who partake the more prizes. Although not being a FF buff I have no idea what word would be longer than 18 letters. But if I see people spelling words with buttons I'd be happy to help to claim PAX based dominance.

Wow, did they get 18 at SDCC? Last time I checked, it was 15. I've been putting a list together of names from the series and have come up with a few 14-15 letter words. I'll have to do some more research to top 18. Although, there are other prizes for spelling things, too.

• DeusTrinitasDeusTrinitas Registered User regular
    I'm in, but I think we would be best suited using a communication system along the lines of a Twitter list dedicated to Word to Your Moogle. We could all exchange Twitter usernames on here, set up our lists, and be good to go so we could easily meet up at the right time and spell our gigantic word.

• tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    I'm in, but I think we would be best suited using a communication system along the lines of a Twitter list dedicated to Word to Your Moogle. We could all exchange Twitter usernames on here, set up our lists, and be good to go so we could easily meet up at the right time and spell our gigantic word.

Excellent idea, I'd by happy to loan my letter holding hand even if that is the only thing I can add to this (of course if you'd prefer to stick to FF buffs, I'd understand ;) )

• josh shadowfaxjosh shadowfax Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I'm in, though I won't be there Sunday. And the twitter idea sounds good.

Edit: My twitter is joshshadowfax

josh shadowfax on
  • iSurrenderiSurrender Registered User regular
    I'm down! What days are you guys going to try for it though? Don't have a 3 day pass. :/

• DaftCapybaraDaftCapybara Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I plan to try any day that I think we have ebough people to form the word. I was thinking about the twitter linkage so we could set up logistics better. As for the word I am doing some research for what to use, and yes they got 18 at SDCC.

edit: Longest i have found outside of the one already found at SDCC is Totsukanotsurugi, any one else find and or hear anything about the mythical 28 letter word?

DaftCapybara on
    Pax Prime Badges [X]
    Pax Prime Hotel [X]
    Pax Prime Flight []
    I just found another 18-letter word. Of course, our ability to turn it in will depend on what letters we get. What do you think will happen if we end in a tie?

My twitter is Soonerjudd

If it ends in a tie....free signed copies for everyone!

• Vanglorious Vanglorious Registered User new member
    I'm down for trying to organize something. What's the twitter info? I think at SDCC people were using #moogle. We could just use that too

Would be a good Idea, someone else will need to help me with the setup though. I have no idea on how to use Twitter.

Pax Prime Badges [X]
    Pax Prime Hotel [X]
    Pax Prime Flight []
    For sure, I'm going to be there Friday and Sunday. I'm setting up a "private" Twitter account JUST for Pax.

• OptimusbryOptimusbry Event Designer Long Beach CARegistered User regular
    I'm in, I have a 3 day pass. Twitter is Optimusbry

Nintendo ID: Optimusbry :: Xbox Live: Optimus Bry :: PSN: Optimusbry :: Steam ID: Optimus Bry
  • GreyfeldGreyfeld Registered User regular
    I'm hoping to get one of the challenge words in, but I have no illusions about being able to win the Master Word contest. There's rumors of a 28-letter word from FFIII, but nobody can verify it, and some people are even saying that it might be from the old fan translation of the game (which doesn't count for the contest).

I'm down for trying to organize something. What's the twitter info? I think at SDCC people were using #moogle. We could just use that too

I agree that we should stick with the #moogle hashtag. That should allow us to connect easily, tell everyone what letters we have, and set a time to meet up and form our word.

edited August 2011
    As well as the hashtag, someone could take lead on this and make a "master" twitter account which we all follow so that just one tweet is needed to gather people instead of relaying it over and over, as well as solving problems such as the one in the next post. Also, does anyone know how long it took for the challenge words to be claimed at SDCC (basically, do we need to get there early in line for the exhibition hall to have a shot)?

josh shadowfax on
    I don't have a smartphone, thus will probably not have Twitter access during the show :( I will be able to get some tweets via text, but as far as I know, can't subscribe to hashtags via text.

• PikkaPikka Registered User new member
    I will definitely be in for this, I won't have a phone there (international rates suck balls) but my brother who lives in seattle will

there will be 3 of us for letter goodness.

• RaajTMRaajTM CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I would love to participate as well, though I am not seeing anyone taking the helm here so that we are all coordinated.

I will check back often to see if there are any updates! I will be attending the 3 days, I have a smartphone with Twitter I am @RaajTM. So I guess I will check back if there is any more info and look for #moogle during the days, feel free to send messages if this is being set up and need another person.

RaajTM on
  • Vanglorious Vanglorious Registered User new member
    Forgot,
    My twitter name is Vanglorious99

• SwordMageSwordMage Registered User regular
    By no means am I an expert in Final Fantasy words, but I'm more than happy to donate letters!

SwordMage, aka Willa
    ---
    twitter: SwordMage86
    XBL: SwordMagelet
  • j03n1nj4j03n1nj4 Registered User regular
    Sounds fun, do you get the buttons at the Square-enix booth? @j03n1nj4 is my tag and my friend will probably be down to help too.

• TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    I'm down for this.

I would Try to helm, but I don't know how much access I will have for the next week or so, College classes are starting again, so my life is about to take a turn for the much more busy.

Pax Prime Badges [X]
    Pax Prime Hotel [X]
    Pax Prime Flight []
    Also, my twitter is Surrenderly. Follow me up!

• NormanPrideNormanPride Registered User regular
    My wife and I would gladly throw our buttons into the mix. Neither of us have twitter, though.

As of right now, do we have a ringleader? I'm not the most knowledgeable in FF terms, but I'm happy to donate my letter (and my husband's, and random friends) as well as coordinate this chaos.

SwordMage, aka Willa
    ---
  • spiritdragon101spiritdragon101 Registered User regular
    twitter is yes06kin. So down for this =)

Sword if you are willing I am sure we could use an official leader, I just threw the idea out thinking I'd get a few responses, but if we could do this then we might have a chance for victory.

Pax Prime Badges [X]
    Pax Prime Hotel [X]
    Pax Prime Flight []
    I've got a few good words, but it all comes down to having the right letters.

edited August 2011
    I am more than happy to, especially as soonerjudd says he's got some words. I'm SwordMage86 on Twitter, and if you don't have Twitter, we can figure out alternate means of contact.

SwordMage on
    SwordMage, aka Willa
    ---
    Alright, the twitter account to follow is PAXMoogle

SwordMage, aka Willa
    ---
    So for reporting letters we're now doing @ PAXMoogle instead of #moogle, or use both?

edited August 2011
    No, the "official" account to follow is @ PAXMoogle. All Twitter discussion related to Word to Your Moogle at PAX should be hashtagged with #moogle.

DeusTrinitas on
    What Deus said. Message that account (and if you want other means of contact, send me a PM) with your letter and #moogle and we'll take it from there.

SwordMage, aka Willa
    ---
  • NormanPrideNormanPride Registered User regular
    Furk. I need the twitter thing, don't I? Why must you torture me, social media!

lol. It has it's uses once in awhile.

SwordMage, aka Willa
    ---
  • AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    I'll definitely drop by the Square booth and get a letter to help the cause!

Nothing. Matters.
  • SarraSarra Registered User regular
    I'm in.. I think I have the FFIII guide around... I'll look through it for names..