As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Humble Indie Bundle #3!

1235»

• Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    I just got through the Zombie game with 5050 points at the end (6000 point game).

So. Difficult.

• Options
    cpugeek13cpugeek13 Registered User regular
    Say, could someone do me a little favor? I want to get this bundle, but the payment page is blocked in china (no idea why). I'd be willing to transfer some money into someones paypal account to do this. You can contact me on steam

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    I went back to my download page this weekend to pick up the two games that were added in later. Wow, Steel Storm is kind of big for a HIB game. Like 700 MB when pretty much everything else is under 100. I think Braid was like 120 or so.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I just got through the Zombie game with 5050 points at the end (6000 point game).

So. Difficult.
    I actually found Atom Zombie Smasher to be way too easy on the default campaign settings. I mean, maybe that's a little unfair, since I restarted levels to fish for a higher score fairly often; I'm sure I wouldn't have done nearly as well if I'd been playing with Permadeath enabled. But even so, I won with 6000 points before the Zed even reached the "Mutation" milestone at 2500 on their victory bar (whatever that means).

It was actually really disappointing. The epilogue was showing all these elaborate characters and events that I knew nothing about because most of the vignettes never even had time to roll out. I'll have to be sure to beef up the campaign settings in one way or another the next time I play...

EDIT: Okay, I just started a new game with Permadeath and No Quarter on, and things went south so unbelievably fast. My mortars were away the turn the first level 4 infestation showed up, which had bloomed into two level 4 infestations before they were back, and then I botched one of my attempts to clear one out. Now the entire western half of the map is a total hellhole, level 4 infestations keep cropping up, and it's completely impossible for me to re-establish order. I never realized how fragile you were in the first half of the game...it's practically impossible to reverse the momentum past that point, so if one little thing causes you to fall behind you're completely screwed.

Wyvern on
    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    Oh man, Atom Zombie Smasher (henceforth to be referred to as "That zombie game" in casual conversation) is amazing. My only real disappointment is that the levels don't actually match their respective shapes on the map. I suppose that'd be much harder, though.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Frem wrote:
    Oh man, Atom Zombie Smasher (henceforth to be referred to as "That zombie game" in casual conversation) is amazing. My only real disappointment is that the levels don't actually match their respective shapes on the map. I suppose that'd be much harder, though.

I think that game alone made the Steam Summer Camp deal worthwhile for me. I guess I would have ended up with it eventually anyway thanks to the Humble Bundle, but I don't know how long it would have been before I gave it a fair shot if I wasn't trying to rescue 100 survivors in July of the main campaign. I ended up putting close to 20 hours in and ignoring virtually everything else from the Summer Camp, despite buying many other quality games.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Only a few hours left folks.

• Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    This bundle was incredibly successful, 2.1m in sales. Quite the achievement.

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Feels so good to be a part of that too.

Take that gamer stereotype!

• Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    Phew! Got paid this morning, so just had time to throw them an extra ten dollars. Feels much better.

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DockenDocken Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I pretty much donated nothing to EFF and a small slice to Child's Play - this is a developer thing and these guys deserve the money for all their work.. the charity element for me is pretty tangential.

Having said that, it's a great idea to allow the buyer to divvy up the proceeds; in the end Child's Play and Bundle guys got equal, EFF to some shrapnel and the Developer's got the lion's share.

Docken on
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Docken wrote:
    I pretty much donated nothing to EFF and a small slice to Child's Play - this is a developer thing and these guys deserve the money for all their work.. the charity element for me is pretty tangential.

Having said that, it's a great idea to allow the buyer to divvy up the proceeds; in the end Child's Play and Bundle guys got equal, EFF to some shrapnel and the Developer's got the lion's share.

On the other hand, I see it as more of a charity event. These fairly successful indie devs have thrown their games out there with the possibility of getting nothing at all out of the process. I used it as an opportunity to donate to CP and get a little something out of it that I was interested in. I went like 75% to charity (mostly CP) and the rest to the devs and a bit as a Humble Tip. In any case, I like the idea and hope they keep doing it.