As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Community Tee - PAX Prime 2011

YamaraYamara Registered User regular
edited July 2011 in PAX Archive
At the last PAX East, the PAX Community Tee made its debut. The goal was to illustrate all (well, most) of the events put on entirely by the awesome community that surrounds PAX, both Prime and East. Thus the heraldry is split red and blue for both venues, with the Pre and Post dinners, Pubcrawls, button and card trading, and the mystery tours. Various trips and events flank. The Latin phrase says "strangers are friends," describing the willingness of the PAX community to welcome everyone into the group.

506003105v10_225x225_Front_Color-Asphalt_padToSquare-true.jpg

Shirts are available in men and women's sizes, in a variety of colors: http://www.cafepress.com/geekstar/281810

I have gotten approval for the PAX community logo (the text) and the heraldry from Khoo. He asks that items are sold at cost, and that the PAX community logo text be no larger than 4" when reproduced. In that vein, there's a one to two dollar mark-up to cover my store cost (which allows me to offer any variety of shirt). Any excess I get will be donated to Child's Play.

If there's a style or color you're wanting, let me know and I'll try to accommodate. If you get inspired by a community event at PAX this year, come back to this thread and let me know what should get included for next year's design.

Read about the creation of the heraldry here.
East discussion and some shots of the shirt are here.

We want strategy board game testers! Check out Paiko's Indie Game thread.
Yamara on

• RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    So sexy!

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I still love it. I wore mine proudly at East, and it will certainly come with me to Prime.

• SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    love it..just wish cafepress had a slightly bigger size selection...

• G4MERG4MER Registered User regular
    Very Awesomesauce!

g4mer_paxsig.png
    edited July 2011
    Yamara, is there any way you can release the image as a PSD or some sorta image file that can be printed on a tee-shirt transfer?

G4MER on
    g4mer_paxsig.png
  • YamaraYamara Registered User regular
    G4MER wrote:
    Yamara, is there any way you can release the image as a PSD or some sorta image file that can be printed on a tee-shirt transfer?
    I'll try to track down the file and PM you something in the next week.

• YuritauYuritau CanadaRegistered User regular
    Love it. Definitely gonna sport mine one day at Prime.

• ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    Awesome! I wasn't able to buy one prior to East but I'm definitely getting one now.

NSw0gum.png
    Thanks Yamara, I want to still buy a hoodie I think from your store.. but I want to put the image on my costume is why I asked. on Saturday look for "THAT GUY" and come get a picture with me. ;)

g4mer_paxsig.png
    Sent you a PM, G4mer. Also, I made a buttoneering button based on this design. It's here in the Buttoneering thread.

peetsnack suggested making a set, a button for each event. I think this is a really neat idea for next year, though it will cost a decent chunk of money. It would probably require a chipin so people could contribute to the printing cost. Also, each event already tends to make their own cool swag, and I wouldn't want people to stop making their cool swag, or feel otherwise inhibited. :) What do people think?

For those who get the shirt, it'd be really helpful if you take a picture of it (being worn or not), so I can get a feel for how the shirt colors work out with the design. I like to make sure people are happy with the options, and that they look good, and sometimes computer monitors don't portray print things well. You can PM me if you're feeling shy. :)

Everyone so far has been pretty satisfied with the quality of the printing itself, thankfully.

• CronusCronus Registered User regular
    This looks like a great shirt Yamara. It'll go great with all my other PAX gear. You continue to top yourself with making cool things.

camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
    Aw, thanks Cronus. It helps to have a forum full of people throwing ideas at me. I never would have thought to do a heraldry, but it works well to help organize all the events.

• Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    Mine came day before yesterday. <3 it hard! I'm not into graphic tees very often, but I really love this one.

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
    Cool, Menolly. I haven't seen photos of the girl's shirt yet, but I'm glad it compares well.

There's a general Cafepress sale today, Saturday the 6th, 15% off t-shirts. I think you can still sneak in on the cheap shipping too, and get it before PAX (if you're not leaving several days early).

• RCars2RCars2 Registered User regular
    Just ordered a shirt and hoodie, cant wait to get them in. I bumped up the shipping from econo to standard so, fingers crossed, I'll get them in before i fly out on the 24th.

carlinsig.png
    RCars2: According to the Cafepress shipping information page, I think it should just arrive with Standard Shipping before you leave, if you figure a few days for them to make it.

I'd say today is the last day for Standard Shipping and hope of getting it. Premium shipping is a bit pricey, but a safer bet.