As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Books You'd Like To See Made

wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
edited August 2011 in Graphic Violence
Okay, so this is a simple idea: name a comic book (or books) you'd like to see along with the creative team you'd like to see on the book. Explaining your choices is encouraged but not required.

As for one of my choices, this sorta came to me yesterday while reading my twitter feed: Agents of Atlas by Scott Wegener and Brian Clevenger. Those guys do weird science and pulp perfectly well in Atomic Robo, so imagine that same style driving a story about Jimmy Woo, Ken Hale, Namora, Bob Grayson, and M-11. Marvel needs to make this book happen yesterday.

When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
wwtMask on

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    A Three Amigos type mini with USAgent, Blazing Skull, and Union Jack, written by Paul Cornell, illustrated by Juan Doe.

A Citizen V mini by Scott Snyder and Jock.

And a Batgirl book by Bryan Miller and Pere Perez.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Wreckers ongoing by Nick Roche and James Roberts

Gamma World mini written by Clevinger, drawn by Alex Milne

• Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    I posted something similar in the Creators thread.

To recap briefly; Cullen Bunn and Jefte Palo on the Spectre, Ted Naifeh on a Batgirl team book, Roger Langridge and Evan Shaner on a Captain Marvel series, Benito Cereno and Nate Bellegarde on Metamorpho, Phil Hester and Andy Kuhn on Blue Beetle, and Matt Sturges and Declan Shalvey on Blue Devil.
    Wrath of the Spectre; I've always had a problem with the Spectre, that boils down to the fact that he, as an omnipotent construct, just isn't very interesting when used in a traditional, superheroic role. He's basically become DC's Galactus, the guy who gets chumped in order to show how tough a bad guy is. To change that, I'd see him brought back to what he always should have been, a horror character. And to achieve that, and create a genuine feeling of suspense in the stories, I'd keep the Spectre at the edge of the stories, making them not about him, but whatever collection of unfortunate people have caught his attention. Imagine something like Mail, or the first story from the TPB of Punisher: Full Auto, that's all about the Punisher shadowing two corrupt cops, and watching them spiral towards a bloody conclusion.

Each arc would be able to focus on new and interesting protagonists within the DCU; regular civilians, criminals, supervillains, superheroes, whatever. In the end, it's all about how they wind up face-to-face with the Spectre, either as the innocents he's forced to avenge, or the guilty he dispatches. While there are a few writers I'd love to see tackle this concept, most of them are Marvel-exclusive. But, Cullen Bunn's definitely shown the ability to weave a tense, supernatural tale, and I can think of no one better to draw it than Jefte Palo, who I think does truly creepy stuff, better than almost anyone else in the business.

Oracle and the Batgirls; When the most recent iteration of Batgirl was primed to be launched, a lot of people were hoping that we'd see multiple Batgirls, all operating as a unit. It's an idea I loved then, and love now. I say you throw Stephanie Brown, Cassandra Cain, and Bette Kane in the same book, play up their complimentary strengths and weaknesses, and have the whole thing overseen by Oracle, who's determined to make sure these young heroines don't encounter the same pitfalls she did. Give art and writing duties to Ted Naifeh, who's proven he can write and draw strong, young women with Polly and the Pirates and the Courtney Crumrin series, and who has a well-documented Bat-Boner, and you've got a winner.

I'm not sure if Naifeh's really a monthly artist though, so you could put him on alternating arcs with Dustin Nguyen, who has a similar, complimentary style.

Captain Thunder; Look, DC's never getting "Captain Marvel" away from Marvel Comics, so let's accept that right now. However, the core concept behind Captain Marvel? Nothing wrong with it. Three young people, blessed with great power and the ability to instantly become adults, fight monsters, robots, and mad scientists, at the behest of an all-knowing Wizard. That's beautiful in its simplicity. All you need is the right creative team.

While I think Mike Kunkel came closest to doing it right (at least recently), I'd love to see Roger Langridge and Evan Shaner tackle it. Langridge proved he can write a compelling story, that would appeal to all ages, with Thor: The Mighty Avenger, and Shaner A) has a tremendous love of Captain Marvel, and B) has a style that I think suits the character to a "T." It's just retro enough to sell the Big Red Cheese aspect of the character, and just modern enough not to turn off today's readers.

Metamorpho; I think this character's become so screwed up over the past few decades, it's not even funny. So, I say just reboot him to his original status quo; Rex Mason, the Indiana Jones of the DCU, becomes a freak that can turn into any element found within the human body. He's then forced to globe-trot around the world at the behest of his crazy-hot girlfriend's mad industrialist father, who promises to devise a cure for his condition. Also, there's a caveman.

Then, I'd just give it to Benito Cereno, who's proven he can do humor, high adventure, and horror, all requisite elements for any Metamorpho story, as well as artist Nate Bellegarde. In addition to both being talented, and having a great creative rapport, they both love Metamorpho. Why not?

Blue Beetle; While I think the way Jaime Reyes was initially promoted, as a hero with a weird power who deals with creepy stuff, was interesting, that never really materialized in the Rogers/Giffen run, and he instead took on the role that usually falls to teen heroes, as the guy that's in over his head, and has to learn how to be a hero, eventually making good. That was fine for what it was, but I'd really like to see someone play with the idea of Jaime as the guy who's forced to fend off weird, supernatural threats to his hometown. To that end, I'd like to see Phil Hester and Andy Kuhn[, take the book on. In addition to already being collaborators on the fantastic Firebreather (a book about a teenager dealing with weird crap and great expectations in his hometown), I think they're both uniquely suited for the kind of book I see Blue Beetle being.

Hester's well-versed in writing clever weirdness and stuff with a supernatural bent, as seen in Golly! and The Wretch, and Kuhn has a masterful control of heavy blacks and exaggerated figures, that meshes into a style that can be either really funny, or terribly creepy. Plus, he's already drawn an issue of Blue Beetle, so we know he can draw the character, which isn't easy. Put Bill Crabtree on colors, and if nothing else, it'd be a beautiful-looking book.

Blue Devil; Kind of a weird choice, but I always thought this character could be DC's answer to Hellboy. He's a dry, acerbic kind of character, who had a great gimmick as a techno-magic "weirdness magnet" in his original series, which could serve to throw him into any kind of story you'd like, no matter how strange. Aliens? Ghosts? Pixies? Bigfoots? Whatever, it's all fair game for Blue Devil.

Then, I'd give him to Matthew Sturges, who I think nailed the character's voice during his Shadowpact run, with art by Declan Shalvey, whose heavy-contrast style would play great on a supernatural book.

Some other weird stuff I'd like to see;

Martian/Manhunter; by John Layman (Chew) and Eric Canete (Enter the Mandarin). Starring J'onn J'onnz and Kate Spencer in a buddy team-up book. He's a detective! She's an assistant district attorney. Together, they fight crime, day and night!

This would basically be a Power Man/Iron Fist kind of mash-up, taking two characters that don't seem like they'd play well together, and throwing them into a crime book with a twist of sci-fi. Layman's proven he can do just such a book with Chew, and Canete's art would really lend itself to both noir and sci-fi.

Steel; by Brandon Thomas and Lee Ferguson (The Many Adventures of Miranda Mercury). Inspired by Earth's greatest hero, John Henry became his own Man of Steel. Now armed with advanced technology, he's out to prove that you don't need superpowers, in order to make a difference.

Just a straight super-science book, starring one of the best legacy characters in the DCU, and helmed by a creative team that's shown they can do super-science heroes like nobody's business. DC's upcoming Mister Terrific seems to be much in the same vein, but I really, really don't trust Eric Wallace to make it good or interesting.

Elongated Man; by Tom Beland (Fantastic Four: Ataque del MODOK!) and Juan Bobillo (She-Hulk, Howard the Duck), with fill-ins by Colleen Coover. Teamed with the spirit of his deceased wife, the ductile detective, Ralph Dibny, solves crimes that are just a little too weird for the police to handle. One part mystery, one part superhero adventure, one part supernatural romance.

I see this book as being in the spirit of something like Case Closed, or the old Whodunnit? from Eclipse Comics. Each arc has a mystery, with all the clues readily available through the story, lending itself to speculation and discussion. Throw in some supernatural elements, some tragic romance, and I'd read it. Beland hasn't really shown he can write mysteries, but he can write superheroes and relationships, so he's 2/3 of the way there. Team him up with Bobillo and Coover, neither of whom are monthly artists, but both of whom draw with the kind of ethereal whimsy that I think the book would demand.

• Options
    Magna InfernoMagna Inferno Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Ultimate Comics: Fantastic Four with Ben, Sue, Captain Mahr Vehl and Nova?
    By Bendis/Rafa Sandoval. They were really great together on Doomsday, and Sandoval is pretty much perfect for Fantastic Four adventures. With a stronger focus on Cosmic adventures.

Edit: DnA would be great on that title too.

Magna Inferno on
    ultimates-1.png
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    A Sentry book by Kieron Gillen and Jae Lee

Also Magna Inferno's idea is fantastic, I'd love that, though I think Hickman could be a better writer for cosmic stuff

Solar on
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    Munch wrote:
    Oracle and the Batgirls; When the most recent iteration of Batgirl was primed to be launched, a lot of people were hoping that we'd see multiple Batgirls, all operating as a unit. It's an idea I loved then, and love now. I say you throw Stephanie Brown, Cassandra Cain, and Bette Kane in the same book, play up their complimentary strengths and weaknesses, and have the whole thing overseen by Oracle, who's determined to make sure these young heroines don't encounter the same pitfalls she did.

Something like this has been on my mind ever since someone asked about a "Batgirl Inc" at SDCC. The closest thing we're getting at the moment is the October issue of Tiny Titans starring Babs, Cass, Steph, and Bette as three Batgirls and Flamebird.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Neil Gaiman writes about the Mad Hatter.

• Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Solar wrote:
    A Sentry book by Kieron Gillen and Jae Lee

Also Magna Inferno's idea is fantastic, I'd love that, though I think Hickman could be a better writer for cosmic stuff

I would buy one. One million that is.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Munch, your Spectre idea sounds pretty boss.

• Options
    Also Mystic Hands of Kung Fu written by Matt Fraction and illustrated by David Aja (what a team seriously)

• Options
    AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    detail.jpg
    This team. (The Cover of Fear Itself: Home Front #6)'

By Greg Pak if God was willing.

Automaticzen on
    http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • Options
    okay
    yeah
    that would be great

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Martian/Manhunter; by John Layman (Chew) and Eric Canete (Enter the Mandarin). Starring J'onn J'onnz and Kate Spencer in a buddy team-up book. He's a detective! She's an assistant district attorney. Together, they fight crime, day and night!

Munch is a visionary.

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    I think I have mentioned them before but these are my perfect books. I would write them all because this is a fantasy. Also whoever draws them is cool I guess.

Ambush Bug and O.M.A.C. in a buddy cop series. They are loose cannons that get results.

Ralph and Sue Dibney: Ghost Detectives. Drop the body possession dealie, and just have them solving ghost crimes in the afterlife. Maybe visit all the different versions of hell, heaven, and purgatory to do so.

A proper Suicide Squad consisting of Deadshot, The Gorilla Boss of Gotham, Plastique, Grant Morrison, The Mad Hatter, Rick Flag and I, Spyder.

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    I'm still holding out hope for an Orson Randall book by the original Immortal Iron Fist crew, though there's no way Marvel could afford to pay the creators for a book that probably won't sell that well. Also:

Bendis and Sara Pichelli on Teen Titans or Young Justice
    DnA masterminding the Green Lantern corner of DC
    Jeff Parker on JSA

When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I just want someone to do something with The Protector. There's a lot of places you could go with him.

• Options
    like, say, turn him back into Marvel Boy.

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    detail.jpg

Is that the new Powerman in the front of this picture?

• Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    I'd like a continuation of the Nightcrawler 12 issue series a few years back that Aguirre-Sacasa did, with the focus on him being a paranormal mutant detective. I think digging into some darker parts of the Marvel U would be interesting with such an optimistic character, but I'm not sure if Mignola art would help or distract from the story.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Oh, I'd like to see a Hawkeye book by Chris Giarrusso. If he made it like Jack of Fables where Hawkeye just traveled the country getting into trouble with other heroes and villains, that would be a bullseye.

And a Young Avengers book by BKV and Adrian Alphona.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Paul Dini. Bruce Timm. Poison Ivy. Harley Quinn.

Ongoing.

Anyone who wouldn't buy it is a terrible person.

• Options
    GankGank Registered User regular
    Joe Hill and Dustin Weaver do Shocker: Legit.

galactussig-1.jpg
  • Options
    Gank wrote:
    Joe Hill and Dustin Weaver do Shocker: Legit.

You, sir, are a man of taste.

• Options
    I'd read the shit out of a Protector book by DnA

• Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    Brian Azzarello and Jock on Manhunter

Matt Wagner on JSA

Greg Rucka and Cliff Chiang on Lois Lane

Chris Ware and JH Williams III on Tiny Titans just because you want to fuck around with random ingredients to see what happens.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Scott Snyder/Greg Capullo - Ragman

Yup.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    FroThulhu wrote:
    detail.jpg

Is that the new Powerman in the front of this picture?

Yes, it's a story by Fred Van Lente starting in The Home Front next week and lasting till the end

and hopefully leading into into a mini or something

Which is a book I'd like to see made! I think I'll come up with more later

Furu on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I really want to read a pulp DC JSA book. Sort of like Liberty Files, but even pulpier. Superman is sort of weird like he was in his first few appearances, and vastly less powerful. He's still stronger than Hour Man, but he isn't throwing aircraft carriers around and he needs a jet pack to fly. Batman is more like the Shadow meets James Bond, he has a secret society analogous to Batman Inc, Wonder Woman is sort of Xena Warrior Princess meets Indiana Jones. There would be several Green Lanterns, and Jay Garrick and and... I don't know who should write it. I would like to write it honestly, but I have a lot of stuff to figure out with the concept to keep it from being white anglo-saxon protestants save the world.

• Options
    For the most part that's what pulps were. It was best illustrated in Planetary. That said, I would be pretty happy with a new school pulp fiction series that didn't take place in the 30s.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Is anybody reading Mystery Men? The previews looked crazy cool.

• Options
    GankGank Registered User regular
    I am and it's good. Just a classic pulp story. Each one of the heroes is like a golden age a classic you've heard of before but can't quite recall. The pacing is spot on, each issue has been adding a new character to the bunch with a simple two page, in-story origin. Plus the art is cool and kinda pulpy too. In all, I'm really enjoying it.

galactussig-1.jpg
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    Just a few more of these, I swear.

Punch and Jewelee; by Jen Van Meter (Hopeless Savagers, Black Lightning: Year One) and Shawn Crystal (Deadpool Team-Up). Clyde and Elizabeth Phillips aren't so different from any other young, newlywed suburbanites; they participate in the neighborhood association, host block parties, and have nabbed the prize for best Christmas display, two years running. Oh, and they're secretly the most notorious supervillains in the tri-state area.

I have a deep love for stories that look through the eyes of the "bad guys," and I've always liked Punch and Jewelee's happily-married-villains gimmick. I think a monthly book, chronicling their adventures as the reverse-Black Canary/Green Arrow, would be a ton of fun. And I'd love to see them handled by Van Meter, who's demonstrated the ability to do both superheroes as well as humor, and Crystal, whose cartoonishly gritty art would fit such a book perfectly.

The HIVE; by Tom Siddell (Gunnerkrigg Court) and Jonboy Meyers (Gemini, DCU Holiday Special). Supervillains aren't born, they're made. And at HIVE, a dedicated group of educators work diligently to ensure that the best and brightest of today, will be the worst of tomorrow!

Another supervillain book, this time using the HIVE organization. For this, I'd totally ditch all the comics stuff, and make it more of a supervillain boarding school, ala the Teen Titans cartoon. Then, I'd just give it to Tom Siddell, who I'd love to see apply his penchant for characterization and humor to a superhero book, and Jonboy Meyers, whose bouncy, cartoony style would look great in a book about teenagers. All-new protagonists, but featuring guest instructors from the Legion of Doom, Secret Society of Supervillains, etc.

Rush's Rejects; Once, Wally West had it all. A loving wife, two kids, and the role of the Flash, scarlet speedster and protector of Keystone City. That all changed when his uncle, Barry Allen, returned from the grave, taking back the superheroic alter-ego that Wally had carried for so long. Suddenly, Wally West just didn't seem to matter anymore. Months of slow-simmering resentment and anger finally reached a boiling point when, in a drunken rage, Wally took a swing at Barry, in the middle of the police station where Barry worked. And while Barry didn't press charges, the four officers that took injuries subduing the unruly West, certainly did.

Faced with the choice between hard time, or mentoring a group of wayward super-powered youth as a condition of his probation, Wally West begrudgingly took the latter, and the new identity of the Rush. Now separated from his wife, estranged from his children, and barred from using his superpowers in anything but a training capacity, Wally's life is in shambles.

But, he was great once. And for a quick guy like him, it shouldn't take him long to be great again.

This idea popped into my head the other day, to combine The Bad News Bears, with superheroes. At first, I was thinking about Arsenal being forced to join up with the Inferior Five, following a drug-related arrest. But, the more I thought about it, the more it seemed like a story that I'd love to see Wally in. There's always more drama in seeing a guy who had it all fall, and then slowly pull himself out of the rubble that's become his life.

Plus, I just like the idea of a thoroughly pissed off, bestubbled Wally, wearing a dirty tracksuit and old crosstrainers, butting heads with old friends like Dick Grayson and Donna Troy, who'd do that whole pitying, "Oh, we're so happy to see you're doing so well," thing, and to see his team of scrubs repeatedly look like chumps, when the Teen Titans keep showing up to outshine them.

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    TATTOOED MAN
    A petty criminal with a unique ability to bring life to his tattoos, when he had the ancient symbol of Metron inked, he inadvertently released the Voice of God and in it's wake the dusty magic of pre-history.

Running on the fumes of Sandman & Lucifer, the New Gods & Kirby's Fourth World, the series would be about the Tattooed Man's long bare foot walk through the world of myth and mystery.

The Tattooed Man himself would be as straight foreword as Hellboy, and frankly, not all that heroic, his choices would stem around his own needs, with the odd act of kindness to those that help him, and his family, who I imagine he can't legally visit.

WRITERS: Neil Gaiman & Grant Morrison
    ARTIST: Mike Mignola

TITAN'S ACADEMY
    Heroes need not be alone. Anyone that called themselves a Titan knows that, and so, those that were, plan to bring up the next wave of heroes away from the front line, to give them a chance to make it in an increasingly dangerous world.

All new teen heroes take stage in this Hogwarts/Gunnerkrigg Court/Xavier's School style academy, drawn from the full swath of possible origins, from aliens to elves to simple vigilantes.

The stories would range from sneaking out at night to fighting the odd bit of crime with a teacher watching over them, but overall it would be safe, lighthearted comedy. Everything the original Teen Titans wasn't.

As for teachers, I was thinking something roughly like:

Lady White Raven (Raven) = The Occult
    Mr. Stone (Cyborg) = robotics, technology
    Mz. Starfire (Starfire, obviously) = culture, diplomacy
    Coach Red (Robin) = acrobatics, general sports
    Mr. Change (Beast Boy) = councillor, after school games
    Gnarrk the Cave Man = janitor, gardener, odd job man
    and of course, other, perhaps ordinary people that believe in the project teaching other lessons.

WRITERS: Brian Michael Bendis
    ARTIST: Rufus Dayglo

PATH X
    Parallel universes. They say every step, every action, changes things and creates another universe, so that in a year your world compared to one just down the infinite road is completely separate, utterly different…

What if "No more mutants" never happened? What if Doom relented and Reed changed society forever with those high science inventions of his? What if things came to their logical conclusion?

For some strange reason, more so than DC comics, I feel like Marvel should be more futuristic, more strange, I feel like they should have terraformed Mars by now. So, with that in mind I'd like a tale told from the point of view of a mutant cop, in a world were everyone is a mutant, or a mutant wizard, or a cyborg mutant wizard, and just how hard it is to keep the peace in a city where anything can happen!

Writer: Grant Morrison, again
    Artist: Dan Hipp

I agree with LockedOnTarget about Harley and Ivy, with Dini and Timm, thats perfect. I'd add that I'd like to to use the designs and origins of Batman: the Animated Series, sorrowful Mr. Freeze as a side character please!

Lastly...

SPIDERMAN: VACATION.
    Aunt May pays for Peter to go to, say, France, against his will, pretty much forces him to go. He has fun. Sends postcards. Maybe meets a girl, has a fling. No one dies.

WRITER: Franco Aureliani
    ARTIST: Art Baltazar
    or however those two work together

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I'd like to see an Agent Coulson and Cosmo team-up

Cosmo making all the dry jokes, Coulson constant deadpan

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote:
    I'd like to see an Agent Coulson and Cosmo team-up

Cosmo making all the dry jokes, Coulson constant deadpan

I'd like Coulson to actually come to the comics.

http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I want to see a title just called Gemworld. Same basic premise as Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld except that when our protagonist arrives in the titular magic realm she is not a princess, at least not yet. The Gem kingdoms have all fallen under the rule of Dark Opal. It's up to Amethyst and her friends to face Dark Opal and reclaim her lost kingdom. Art by Rafael Albuquerque.

Also a series about Tim Hunter. Harry Potter is dead, viva la Hunter! Written by Neil Gaiman.

Tairu on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Munch wrote:
    when the Teen Titans keep showing up to outshine them.

I'm spotting a problem with your plot here

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Munch wrote:
    Just a few more of these, I swear.

Punch and Jewelee; by Jen Van Meter (Hopeless Savagers, Black Lightning: Year One) and Shawn Crystal (Deadpool Team-Up). Clyde and Elizabeth Phillips aren't so different from any other young, newlywed suburbanites; they participate in the neighborhood association, host block parties, and have nabbed the prize for best Christmas display, two years running. Oh, and they're secretly the most notorious supervillains in the tri-state area.

Their nemesis would be Agent P, and their rival would be Doofenshmirtz.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    Path X sounds like something I'd read, given to the correct writer/artist team. By that I mean a writer who can start at the silver age of Marvel Universe and extrapolate forward with where, by all rights, it should be at this point. I've always been somewhat irked by the navel gazing that is inherent at Marvel, where the entire human race is stuck on a planet despite reliable space transportation, space station, and terraforming technology existing. I mean, they build a prison in another dimension, but they're still using the fucking space shuttle to go into space, in spite if the existence of the Quinjet.

• Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    I've always wanted to see a series that was basically the marine equivalent of a cosmic book, like what is the ocean like in a world of superheroes and atlantis and giant beasts. What if all the maps that said here be dragons were accurate.